• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer wants Sony and Nintendo games on Xbox, but says he doesn’t expect it

Draugoth

Gold Member
helldivers-2-c-1440x810.jpg

In an interview for journalist Stephen Totilo’s Game File newsletter, Spencer said the decision to bring four Xbox games to other consoles wasn’t intended to make its rivals follow suit.

“This is not for me, like, some kind of bartering system,” Spencer explained. “We’re doing it for the better of Xbox’s business.”

Despite this, Spencer said he would of course welcome other consoles’ games on Xbox, and noted that it would be beneficial for multiplayer games in particular, where building a large online community is important for a game’s lifespan.

“I will say, when I look at a game like Helldivers 2 – and it’s a great game, kudos to the team shipping on PC and PlayStation – I’m not exactly sure who it helps in the industry by not being on Xbox,” he said. “If you try to twist yourself to say, like, somehow that benefited somebody somewhere.

What a twist it would be if Xbox bought Arrowhead! I kind of get where Phil is coming from, but at the same time I imagine that Helldivers 2 will move a fair few consoles. The games all over YouTube and people fucking love it.

Reactions: Isa

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
“I will say, when I look at a game like Helldivers 2 – and it’s a great game, kudos to the team shipping on PC and PlayStation – I’m not exactly sure who it helps in the industry by not being on Xbox,” he said. “If you try to twist yourself to say, like, somehow that benefited somebody somewhere.

Holy fuck, does this man have 0 self awareness?

Starfield, Redfall, Indiana Jones were being developed for Xbox, PS5, PC. Phil acquired Zenimax and made the decision (unilaterally, apparently) to remove PS5 from that equation. Who does that help in the industry? How does that benefit anyone?

Last edited:

mansoor1980

Gold Member

200w.gif

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

200w.gif
He/Him is gaslighting like a mofo. They learn well from the political spectrums

Ronin_7

Banned

Lunarorbit

I’m not exactly sure who it helps in the industry by not being on Xbox

This fucking guy. This is the type of double talk you hear from used car salesman.

Dipshit, maybe nintendo and Sony don't care about a 30% rip from sales of Xbox games. Maybe if you weren't so high on your own farts (looking at you Matt booty) the other 2 companies would actually work with you. You're in a business son and your competitors aren't going to help you.

helldivers-2-c-1440x810.jpg

In an interview for journalist Stephen Totilo’s Game File newsletter, Spencer said the decision to bring four Xbox games to other consoles wasn’t intended to make its rivals follow suit.

Despite this, Spencer said he would of course welcome other consoles’ games on Xbox, and noted that it would be beneficial for multiplayer games in particular, where building a large online community is important for a game’s lifespan.
Pot calling the kettle black huh, how does it help the industry by not putting Indiana Jones, Hellblade2,next Doom on PS5?

twilo99

He is right.. all GaaS games should be "cross platform" for maximum profit.

Halo multiplayer should be on PlayStation.

I think it should be too. I've got friends on Xbox who I'm sure would love to play it.

I mean, I can't see that happening but never say never. Sony higher ups are looking to increase revenue, what better place to start than release these third party semi exclusives on other platforms?

Top Bottom