• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite gameplay reveal was a 'work in progress,' Aaron Greenberg says

The more I watch the gameplay video and the trailer, the more I crave the game. It's so much of what I want, but the look of it is just inconsistent. I really hope they take the time or even post-pone the launch to make it really shine.

VAVA Mk2

Ix8IKQz.jpg

iuP92f4.jpg

lP99pUm.jpg

TpKiLr2.jpg
What the shit? The trailer had a better build and better textures than the demo build on stream?!

The clean look is the correct one, be brave. Still, I have concerns about that team.

I mean. That copilot sucks and I've seen a total of one minute of footage of him between two videos. Also, imagine that you can take off No Mans Sky style and leave the ring....

Thats the fast travel. They dont have the clout to not show what the game really is ...which is why it looks like it does. That makes people confused.

Last edited:
I guess these comments are to be expected on an enthusiast board.
But coming from a guy that's never gamed on PC over the last 29 years the game looks fine to me.
A bit minimalist in detail and design but it seems to fit the art style.

And yes, I will admit the close up of the brute was funny as hell but it wasn't that bad.
Can these minor issues and details not be ironed out in 4 months?

And you ungrateful gamers!!! They rushed this together for us. Be thankful and appreciative cause I'm sure they worked their asses off.
Could have set themselves back putting this together for us and this is the thanks they get? C'mon now...
Had the game been a no show we have even more panic and doomsday threads.

All is well and be patient
stare.gif

supernova8

Banned
So far I've only seen Greenberg interviews with:
(1) Geoff Keighley
(2) Alannah Pearce
(3) Parris

And all 3 of those interviewers conveniently thought the graphics were fine and had no issue with it.
I don't want to drop to the level of saying they're shilling for Microsoft, but maybe due to the exclusivity (ish) of getting that interview they didn't want to burn bridges?

Alannah even came out with a video banging on about how amazing Game Pass is without even bothering to address the showcase itself. Convenient?

TalentedMrJ

Seriously. They can't clean up the graphics in 4 months?
I know nothing about the game development process, just enjoy playing them

And don't act like what was shown of Halo was disgusting
We don't all watch DF videos and have a framerate counter at home
If anything, that brute adds character and charm

TalentedMrJ

Lmao, are you for real?

Yes. Gamers can be an entitled and fussy bunch
We've all read about the horrors of game development and crunch time
Let's not act like they aren't putting their best foot forward
Work in progress means just that
Did you play the UFC4 Beta? Absolutely disgusting from a graphics and gameplay perspective and it launches next month
But... it's a work in progress. Incomplete.

Lettuce wait till the final product is released to judge

farmerboy

Excuses, excuses, excuses Greenberg.

Sorry mate, these excuses don't cut it.

You've either made promises you can't keep or decided to show an undercooked game and hoped no one would notice. Spin it how you want.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
The game is still being developed so a lot can and will change before release. They'll be working on it right up to launch. If it releases and still looks bad then I'll join you all on shitting on Xbox/MS/343 and start shit posting memes.

I'll reserve judgement until it launches and i decide whether I actually want to give them my money for the final product.

the trailer shows improved visuals compared to the gameplay demo so we obviously won't get a game that looks like the demo. The demo is likely an old build. Could be months old by now. The trailer is likely made of more recent assets. There is still roughly 4 months left so a lot of work still to be done.

TalentedMrJ

This could be a blessing in disguise for 343i
A chance to let Halo rest and make an original game they're passionate about

Would love for Halo and Gears to take most of, if not the entire generation off

Kokoloko85

After yesterday’s melt down, and with only four months till launch, the best I think you’ll see is the Ray Tracing patch for XSX brought forward to launch.

But I guarantee you there’s a fucking strike team at 343 right now, fixing Brutes face, so we don’t see the meme in game.

I want to see brute’s face in game lol

This could be a blessing in disguise for 343i
A chance to let Halo rest and make an original game they're passionate about

Would love for Halo and Gears to take most of, if not the entire generation off
343's only purpose is to handle the Halo franchise so I'm sure Microsoft will never allow that studio to touch or create any other licenses.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Far from holiday? That’s four months. FOUR MONTHS. If 5 years is not enough why is 4 months going to make the difference? Also every dev is working “in the middle of a global pandemic” and they produced great games why is 343 struggling?

hemo memo

Gold Member
While this is just a section of the final game, it took a herculean effort to make sure this little corner of our Ringworld was polished and pretty enough for its premiere! The art, lighting, design, environment, graphics, production and engineering teams involved in carving out and curating this little slice, are nervous and excited to show people a glimpse of what we’re building.

tenor.gif

ZywyPL

Banned
Sorry but I don't buy it, Forza was said from the get-go that it's in early development stage, but what was shown was one of the best looking presentation of the show, or entire upcoming next-gen lineup so far for the matter, while MS was hyping Halo like it's second coming of Jesus, they knew what they were about to show to the world, and now they're trying to do damage control. RT will obviously boost the visuals, but how better can it get thanks to better reflections, shadows or GI when everything is so flat and with no PBR? It is what it is, the series where never about pushing graphical boundaries to begin with, but all about the gameplay, and that part is top notch.

Last edited:
I wonder if the buck, on this at least, stops at his boss or if again it is a nothing sticks to Teflon Spencer effect where who he employs and supports is not up to him...

I dunno, but some of the in-between spots with people from the marketing side talking didn't necessarily rub me the right way, either. Sometimes it felt like "suits" talking to me if that's understandable. And in hindsight it makes it feel like the pre-show with all the content creators was kind of a "how do you do, fellow kids?" marketing angle itself. Even if I like some of those content creators xD.

Really does feel like messaging has gone off-course in some notable ways a bit after the May event (which I think was better than this one in some ways). Hope they can re-tune things back as needed because I still have an optimistic/hopeful outlook for MS next gen and I still want to stay interested in picking up Series X.

But I am worried outside of dedicated fans already in the ecosystem MS is losing next-gen mindshare with a lot of hardcore/core gamers including of course PS gamers who may've honestly considered getting Series X if this show did more for them. And since most casuals/mainstream follow what hardcore/core gamers do...well there's that. If MS has some genuine next-gen in-game stuff for 1st party they're sitting on they need to hit it hard in August and September.

Top Bottom