• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost |OT| 3x Better Than Your Favorite Fighting/Mecha game

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I see how it is now..... My 00 suit is gonna have to shoot down your Seed suit. Thats the only way to settle this! GUNDAM FIGHT!

Loser has to admit their series's music is weaker ;b

I accept your challenge.

Please be gentle

dwix

Hopped in late on the Gundam-GAF wagon with EXVS and had a blast. Definitely tempted to pick this up on release... Didn't realize it was so close!

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Seed vs 00

See this is why "compete for last place" was the best subtitle

How much does a HK PSN priced game usually cost? I'll just go through there since the price is usually lower, and now Play Asia carry more than just 200HK and nothing else.

I know that even after I take in all this info on the game I'll still scrub it up. I've always had a tough time blocking in this game.

MichaelVash7886

Neo Member
Have my copy pre-ordered. Even picked up a fight stick for it.

Add my Japanese PSN if you like:

MichaelVash78JP

Just mention GAF or Full Boost.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Have my copy pre-ordered. Even picked up a fight stick for it.

Add my Japanese PSN if you like:

MichaelVash78JP

Just mention GAF or Full Boost.

I added you, but remember to add your info to the google doc in the OP

Entry Form

List

and in case anyone else don't look, my JPSN is AiRin00

Sent an invite to everyone who signed in ahead of me.

C-Drive

This OT is 3x Better Than Your Favorite OT.

Awesome work donkey - such an informative blast of info, much like the EXVS OT, which is what put me over the edge on buying THE BEST version so I hope this does the same for others.

MichaelVash7886

Neo Member
I added you, but remember to add your info to the google doc in the OP

Entry Form

List

and in case anyone else don't look, my JPSN is AiRin00

Sent an invite to everyone who signed in ahead of me.

Done and Done.

This OT is 3x Better Than Your Favorite OT.

Awesome work donkey - such an informative blast of info, much like the EXVS OT, which is what put me over the edge on buying THE BEST version so I hope this does the same for others.

Didn't read through it at first but it is very well done.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I've played Versus games before and I love them. I just never bought them again due to budget. Really pondering what I want to do at the moment lol.

I've played Versus games before and I love them. I just never bought them again due to budget. Really pondering what I want to do at the moment lol.

Answer this question:

Do you want to be 3x better at everything in your life or not?

If yes, buy the damn game. If no, get a colony dropped on you.

You know what to do.

akaoni

Banned
So the net code, I asssume it's all peer to peer so host dependant. How viable is it for higher pings, say transatlantic? I'm sort of talking mechanics too I guess, like what timing specific stuff there is.

"So the net code, I asssume it's all peer to peer so host dependant. How viable is it for higher pings, say transatlantic? I'm sort of talking mechanics too I guess, like what timing specific stuff there is."

Many games are played between players across the pond. It's noticeable, but except for a small handful of suits (Tallgeese III comes to mind), it's completely manageable. There's nothing that comes to mind that requires strict timing.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
3x better? Impossible.

G-sound edition pre-ordered. Here I go!

1386304151815.gif

Bleep

I'm looking forward to giving this a try, I was really close to importing the last version. I hope I'm not confused by all the newer suits, I've only ever seen UC series/movies so when I see robots flying around with angel wings I don't really know what to think. Here's hoping that Char's Majestic Horse will be a DLC character.

charhorsec7smf.png

-Amon-

It would be really nice to be able to restrict the selection of available mobile suits to a particular timeline ( in my particular case one year war / 0080 / stardust memory )

andymcc

Banned
It would be really nice to be able to restrict the selection of available mobile suits to a particular timeline ( in my particular case one year war / 0080 / stardust memory )

There are usually instances like this in the campaign missions.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
In a match. Create a room with "realistic settings" aka make available only mobile suits contemporary to each other.

Why?

Seems like a weird criteria to limit character choice by

In a match. Create a room with "realistic settings" aka make available only mobile suits contemporary to each other.

Well, you could request that in your room title. Another way to do it is by limiting what unit cost suits you can use, which is actually an option. A lot of OYW outside of 0079 fall under the 1000 cost category.

matmanx1

Incredible OT! Donkey you've outdone yourself, you glorious Gundam Fighter, you.

And to anyone out there who is on the fence about this game let me just say that EX VS was my GOTY in 2011. I am normally a guy who avoids online multiplayer like the plague but I put many, many hours in online matches in EX VS and had a complete blast despite not being very good at the game.

Gaf really does have a very good community for this game and there's enough of a US and EU contingent playing that you can usually find some good, solid "local" matches. If you are considering trying the game out I say "Do it!"

Or we could restrict it to SEED and have a showdown of the Jesus Yamato's with perhaps a random Athrun thrown in :p.

The real battle for last place is between Destiny, AGE and Victory.

There is no competition for worst...that belongs easily to AGE. Anything else would be fighting for second worst.

Luigi87

To be more precise its: Destiny, Age, whatever series you personally dislike for your own arbitrary reasons.

But yes AGE is literally the worst.

Just KIDDING, I didn't enjoy it as much as most, but I think it's solid, and I love the Alex.

And yeah, doesn't get worse than AGE...

And to anyone out there who is on the fence about this game let me just say that EX VS was my GOTY in 2011. I am normally a guy who avoids online multiplayer like the plague but I put many, many hours in online matches in EX VS and had a complete blast despite not being very good at the game.

Gaf really does have a very good community for this game and there's enough of a US and EU contingent playing that you can usually find some good, solid "local" matches. If you are considering trying the game out I say "Do it!"

Ugh, I had this pre-ordered, but then I decided to cancel because I was thinking perhaps I shouldn't spend the money right now, but then every time I see this thread...

-Amon-

Well, you could request that in your room title. Another way to do it is by limiting what unit cost suits you can use, which is actually an option. A lot of OYW outside of 0079 fall under the 1000 cost category.

I've seen the costs thing but i did'nt know you can't control that, that's a start. Thanks for the info :)

-Amon-

Why?

Seems like a weird criteria to limit character choice by

Why ? Let's make an example to make it more clear.

In a flight sim i would never put a P51 mustang against an F14 tomcat. Not only because it would be an interesting battle, given the performance difference.

But because it's not realistic, in reality that encounter has never happened.

And apart from that it's a matter of personal taste too.

Some of the pre-GvG games in the series were like this (i.e. Federation vs Zeon for DC/PS2). The point of the later games is crossovers though, hence Gundam versus Gundam.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Whitch i don't really like, for the reasons i've explained before :)

You should check out the ps2 games. F ederation vs zeon and aeug vs titan have lengthy single player campaigns based on the conflicts with in the original series and zeta respectively.

Pretty sure this game isn't for you given your specific preferences. Seems like a lot of money to spend when you're only interested in such a limited part of the game.

This is more of a fighting game than a stimulator

Top Bottom