• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost |OT| 3x Better Than Your Favorite Fighting/Mecha game

Thats not too bad considering its around 9,000 on amazon for the deluxe sound edition. Depending if you are an amazon prime customer or not add in a couple hundred more for shipping and if you do COD the price for that also. Which could bring it to around the same price you are paying depending.

For those who would be buying using USD might as well do it now while the dollar is strong. Its around 104 JPY per USD currently. Since god knows when its going to dip back to shit city again. Was AWESOME when it was back in the 70s. ..

I import lots of games, so I'm cool with the price. Not a big deal.

My first trip to Japan in 2006, it was 116 yen to the dollar.
My second trip in 2010, it was 80 yen to the dollar.
I'm psyched if it just stays above 100 yen to the dollar for my trip in April.

andymcc

Banned
Thats not too bad considering its around 9,000 on amazon for the deluxe sound edition. Depending if you are an amazon prime customer or not add in a couple hundred more for shipping and if you do COD the price for that also. Which could bring it to around the same price you are paying depending.

For those who would be buying using USD might as well do it now while the dollar is strong. Its around 104 JPY per USD currently. Since god knows when its going to dip back to shit city again. Was AWESOME when it was back in the 70s. ..

i remember when i went to Japan in 2007, i got nearly 120Y for every US Dollar. Shit was mad awesome..

in 2008 when I went... 89 Yen for every dollar. :(

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Ive been here for 14 years so seen all sorts of change. As a kid visiting relatives I remember finding out that it was around 150 to the dollar. Looking up data it seems like that was back in 87.

Anyways on the topic again of the game and those in the US who want it at least you guys wont be getting screwed on the ER and have a slight + added since its higher by a few cents.

Not sure how it stacks against other currency.

donkey show since you are in the UK? hows the JPY to GBP been? As Im not familiar with your guys currency at all, so me looking up data on my own isnt exactly the most advisable thing lol.

On the topic of the OT those tutorial vids provided in the links are excellent! Highly suggest all the new guys to watch it since its educational stuff. Reposted below from the OT.

Shooting Combo (Projectile Zunda) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlJidOS8RIE#t=84
Melee Combo - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXlY4nfIpOA#t=65 (N notates neutral melee, also there's a step cancel between each melee string)
Boost Dash Jump - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlJidOS8RIE#t=84
Step Cancel - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlJidOS8RIE#t=178
Fuwafuwa - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlJidOS8RIE#t=324

donkey show since you are in the UK? hows the JPY to GBP been? As Im not familiar with your guys currency at all, so me looking up data on my own isnt exactly the most advisable thing lol.

The dollar is a tad stronger against the yen vs the pound against the yen. No biggie.

Kuren

Huge fan of the Gundam VS games. Loved Extreme VS, and I preordered the Premium Sound G edition...can't wait!

Netto-kun

Premium Sound G Edition pre-ordered. Only Gundam game I've played is Musou 3 (and ACE: R, sort of? No wait, that game sucked), so I am pretty much free for everyone (like in most fighting games). I'll probably juggle between 00, Unicorn, Nu and God Gundam since those were the one I liked the most from Musou 3. May also play around with Alex since that's the first and only Gunpla I've built.

FSLink

Banned
Have this preordered since I loved the first one despite not being much of a Gundam fan (I don't dislike the series or anything, I just never really had the time to sit down and watch them). The gameplay is just way too solid.

SHL23

Banned
Have this preordered since I loved the first one despite not being much of a Gundam fan (I don't dislike the series or anything, I just never really had the time to sit down and watch them). The gameplay is just way too solid.

I didnt like gundam before I played the first one. The game takes everything awesome about gundam and leaves out the long boring conversations. G gundam is cool though

Question about the Victory Gundam. Does it play like it does in Gundam Vs Gundam Next Plus, where all of it's attacks detach parts of it? I thought that was fun

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I preordered the regular edition, I'll use the other $30 to buy a Cerberus to mod one of my 360 sticks to use with the game. I should be fine with a stick with 6 face buttons right?

Conceptor

Those of you familiar with Taiwan, where might someone be able to pre-order this? Or will any of the shops from the OP be okay with shipping to that region? Looking to get the premium version for a friend

Parakeetman

Haha, now I get it. Will fix. And yes, I did this in 2013... >_>

VqwnEl1.gif

Those of you familiar with Taiwan, where might someone be able to pre-order this? Or will any of the shops from the OP be okay with shipping to that region? Looking to get the premium version for a friend

I recall someone saying in the other thread that PlayAsia was out of stock of the premium ver and NCSX? So you might have to check the other online stores. I think Amiami still had it, is where the person wound up ordering from?

Just read up on what the Premium version is... Pretty lame that they're charging 3000 more for that. Still, I'd pay for it. I can't imagine playing Vs without licensed songs.

GooeyHeat

I'm curious. There's a link in the OP about the "Asia" version. What kind of account would we need to register the online pass on? I made a HK PSN account to get Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle, so would I be able to use that, or would I have to make a new one?

I placed an order with amiami (first time), so I pay when it's time to actually ship it? I'm doing it via PayPal but it didn't ask for my PayPal info.

I'm curious. There's a link in the OP about the "Asia" version. What kind of account would we need to register the online pass on? I made a HK PSN account to get Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle, so would I be able to use that, or would I have to make a new one?
I believe that will be okay.
I placed an order with amiami (first time), so I pay when it's time to actually ship it? I'm doing it via PayPal but it didn't ask for my PayPal info.
Haven't done paypal through AmiAmi but payment does go through before it's time to ship from what I remember.

SonicTHP

Neo Member
I want this game so bad but I have things holding me back.

My PS3 is on last legs. I repair it about every 3-4 months now and I worry that each time I do it will be the time it doesn't work.

I have a PS4 and a Vita. I'm kind of hoping that greed overcomes Namco Bandai and they announce a PS4 version after the system releases in Japan. I will not be able to resist this version. If somehow a Vita version is announced, I will buy it yesterday.

If none of those things happen within about a month and a half after its release, I'm probably just going to break down and buy it on PS3.

Bebpo

Banned
Really nice OP, makes me want to get this but then I see the price and can't justify picking it up since I already have GvG Extreme VS and didn't play all that much of it. Was cool going through all the suits and checking out their moves, but despite dozens and dozens of units, at the low-level play I play at, they all could be the same unit since I just dodge step and shoot, dodge and shoot while flying around the map with dodge -> melee if I get up close.

I dunno, they're neat games but in the end I just have zero interest in multiplayer gaming anymore and the single player content isn't enough for the prices. I'd like to see them take this engine and all these suits and make a more fleshed out single player spinoff title with story modes like Gundam Musou. It's a very good engine and the unit models are amazing.

Gundam Musou 3 and One Year War on PS2 are still my favorite Gundam titles.

Parakeetman

I want this game so bad but I have things holding me back.

My PS3 is on last legs. I repair it about every 3-4 months now and I worry that each time I do it will be the time it doesn't work.

I have a PS4 and a Vita. I'm kind of hoping that greed overcomes Namco Bandai and they announce a PS4 version after the system releases in Japan. I will not be able to resist this version. If somehow a Vita version is announced, I will buy it yesterday.

If none of those things happen within about a month and a half after its release, I'm probably just going to break down and buy it on PS3.

I doubt they would announce a PS4 version. Even if it did it would be so far off its not like you would get it anytime soon anyways.

Sides its unrealistic to think it would be announced a month and a half after the release.

Realistically just buy the PS3 version. Or take time out to stop repairing your PS3 and use that money just to get a new one instead. Unless its something that cant be replaced like the OG BC models.

Really nice OP, makes me want to get this but then I see the price and can't justify picking it up since I already have GvG Extreme VS and didn't play all that much of it. Was cool going through all the suits and checking out their moves, but despite dozens and dozens of units, at the low-level play I play at, they all could be the same unit since I just dodge step and shoot, dodge and shoot while flying around the map with dodge -> melee if I get up close.

I dunno, they're neat games but in the end I just have zero interest in multiplayer gaming anymore and the single player content isn't enough for the prices. I'd like to see them take this engine and all these suits and make a more fleshed out single player spinoff title with story modes like Gundam Musou. It's a very good engine and the unit models are amazing.

Gundam Musou 3 and One Year War on PS2 are still my favorite Gundam titles.

If thats how you feel you might as well just hold off till it drops in price. Since its really just going to be more of the same in a complete package this time around with a few more bells and whistles thrown in. Im still buying it regardless of the fact that Im not a hardcore multiplayer type of guy anymore, though will be amusing to play with the good people here from time to time. That and Im doing it to collect anyways so there is that too.

SonicTHP

Neo Member
I doubt they would announce a PS4 version. Even if it did it would be so far off its not like you would get it anytime soon anyways.

Sides its unrealistic to think it would be announced a month and a half after the release.

Realistically just buy the PS3 version. Or take time out to stop repairing your PS3 and use that money just to get a new one instead. Unless its something that cant be replaced like the OG BC models.

I think you are probably right on the likelihood of the game being announced for any other systems in that time period (6 months is probably more realistic), but I do think it's possible.

PS3 repairs aren't a monetary issue. invested in a few tools years back and now the only cost is for thermal compound that I reapply to the CPU and GPU (<$10). Also, is an old 60GB, so I don't wanna lose it.

Either way, I'll buy the game. I hold myself to a rule that I will buy at least one version of any non-turn based Gundam game that allows me to play as Deathscythe (Hell/Hell Custom).

Parakeetman

I think you are probably right on the likelihood of the game being announced for any other systems in that time period (6 months is probably more realistic), but I do think it's possible.

PS3 repairs aren't a monetary issue. invested in a few tools years back and now the only cost is for thermal compound that I reapply to the CPU and GPU (<$10). Also, is an old 60GB, so I don't wanna lose it.

Either way, I'll buy the game. I hold myself to a rule that I will buy at least one version of any non-turn based Gundam game that allows me to play as Deathscythe (Hell/Hell Custom).

Yeah I can understand your point with the OG PS3 since mine is the same. Its the exact reason why I picked up another PS3 though its a US slim. Problem with that is the fucking X and O buttons are reversed and I hate that asides from the worst case scenario if a game isnt coded right it can prevent one from advancing in it due to the button switch being hard coded so to speak. Its happened with the JP system with RDR and Sleeping Dogs the US versions of both. So with that being said there is a high chance that the reverse can happen with a US system and JP games depending.

So eventually might get another JP PS3 as stupid as that would be. Its one factor why its a little irritating that the PS4 isnt BC with the PS3, but if they had done that the price of the system would have gone up most def and nobody wants that. My 60G is basically my PS2 machine asides from playing digital copies of things bought from PSN.

First, wanted to say A+ on that OT. Damn it came it out excellent.

Now the long wait begins. Game preordered, hype through the roof and even got surprised with more characters I wanna try like Johnny Ridden.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Was reading the OP in class. Man it's not friendly to my tablet with all the gifs but it's remarkably well made and informative. You did a great job of not only distilling Brett's tutorial to the fundamentals but the video examples are also a really nice touch.

Nice OT! Cannot wait for my copy to come over.

BTW about the music. You can put custom music in but does your partner's music have priority over yours if they got the G Sound version?

The less Seed music I have to listen to the better, Ash like Snow and Daybreak's Bell FTW!

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
This OT straight up bodied my phone, but holy hell is it good. Can't wait for this, MKIIxEmma Sheen les goooooo!

With Banshee in my back pocket. :p

Top Bottom