• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost |OT| 3x Better Than Your Favorite Fighting/Mecha game

Is this game any good?
brightslap.gif

blackflag

Probably not great, but still better than trying to play with Japan, I'll wager.

When you're making a new PSN account on the system, just select "Japan" for your country of residence, and enter your completely legitimate Japanese address which totally isn't a hotel or shopping mall or something like that, don't be silly. Yep, it's that simple.

And then is it easy to purchase off the JPN PSN store or do I actually gotta import it?

Beckx

Can you have multiple PSN accounts? And I can buy the DLC with an international credit card?

Each PSN account needs a separate email address. However if you use gmail you can take advantage of a nice feature: while google treats any period in your email name as the same account (so example@gmail is the same as ex.am.ple@gmail), PSN treats those as separate emails.

Each PSN account needs a separate email address. However if you use gmail you can take advantage of a nice feature: while google treats any period in your email name as the same account (so example@gmail is the same as ex.am.ple@gmail), PSN treats those as separate emails.

Thanks. This makes life easier.

TreIII

After all these years, Quatre finally gets into the Vs. series...and it's not in Sandrock. It's his "CrayCray!" version in Wing Zero. C8

Still will buy him, but I hope he gets his proper suit someday.

Also, great OT, as always, donkey show!

Premium G Edition should ship tonight. ROCK ON

Just a note to those people going "I'll just wait for Maxi Boost!": I hope you don't mind waiting at least two years for a console version.

Great OT, man. I typically hate OTs, but this is AWESOME.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
GOTFF

Subscribed.

Also this thread is killing my S2 :(

Shouta

Online pass? What?

The apparent reasoning is that with the free online, they had a lot of folks that would just make secondary accounts to do things like ranked or troll folks which clogged stuff up and got annoying for users. So they added it so folks couldn't do that.

But really, it's probably just cash they want, lol.

The apparent reasoning is that with the free online, they had a lot of folks that would just make secondary accounts to do things like ranked or troll folks which clogged stuff up and got annoying for users. So they added it so folks couldn't do that.

But really, it's probably just cash they want, lol.

"it's for your benefit, we swear"

lol, ain't nobody believing that bs

So I couldn't quite tell from the OP, but does this have local co-op / local versus modes as well as online? Obviously just for 2P, but I'm mostly into fighting games for local play, so this is much more interesting to me if that is an option.

So I couldn't quite tell from the OP, but does this have local co-op / local versus modes as well as online? Obviously just for 2P, but I'm mostly into fighting games for local play, so this is much more interesting to me if that is an option.

Yarp, there is local co-op for all modes outside of online play.

Yarp, there is local co-op for all modes outside of online play.

Nifty! I might actually start out with Vanilla Extreme VS (since for me Price > Latest and Greatest for messing around with local play) but your OP did a solid job of piquing my interest in a series that I didn't know jack about. I don't really know anything about Japanese Mecha shows, but "interesting robot fighting game with unique gameplay and lots of fun versus and arcade modes for local play" is enough of a selling point for me.

Beckx

As donkey show said, plus EXVS had an option to customize the split screen setup (at my house we play vertical, I think horizontal splitscreen is too limiting).

Disturbing lack of Wufei and yet Quatre gets in.

Wufei will be added
as another Wing TV pilot :p

But dammit gimme a Treize piloted 1000 cost Leo.

Nifty! I might actually start out with Vanilla Extreme VS (since for me Price > Latest and Greatest for messing around with local play) but your OP did a solid job of piquing my interest in a series that I didn't know jack about. I don't really know anything about Japanese Mecha shows, but "interesting robot fighting game with unique gameplay and lots of fun versus and arcade modes for local play" is enough of a selling point for me.

Glad I could help :) There are a lot of people who are into this game that haven't watched Gundam at all, so you're not the only one.

As donkey show said, plus EXVS had an option to customize the split screen setup (at my house we play vertical, I think horizontal splitscreen is too limiting).

This is how splitscreen looks like now.

Dl5wXrr.png

Is Maxi Boost out in Japanese arcades already? Running on next gen hardware?

No and no. Still on System 357.

DunpealD

great OT!

Will be very interesting to try out the new units and of course how the old units have changed.

Also while Maxi Boost is soon out in Japanese arcades it will not come to consoles for a long time(maybe 2 years?). So if you're waiting for the next version, you might as well never get into the EXVS series.

This is how splitscreen looks like in EXVS:

Scroll down

It's bad, really bad, due to the aspect ratio. Tbh. though EXVS FB seems to be better in every way, except price and online pass. So I'm not too sure EXVS is worth it when FB is out.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I seriously have no idea what folks are moaning about the price for as domestically its around 6,500 JPY on Amazon currently.

If you have to import of course its going to cost you more and going directly through PSN for a launch title you wind up having to pay the closest possible to the SRP, but at least cuts out the BS of the extra shipping fees and having to wait for your package to arrive from god knows where.

Considering what the game contains vs. the price its not all that bad. Or more like a common place price point here in Japan.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
SEED dabes. Impulse and Lacus IJ only day 1 from me.

vGzPwPX.gif
vGzPwPX.gif
vGzPwPX.gif

Please be gentle. I suck at this game.

-Amon-

Beautiful, very informative OP, just a little image heavy. Subscribed.

I'm really really tempted to import this.

Parakeetman

people are simply unfamiliar with the cost of J-Games.

this isn't even that high of a pricepoint as it gets.

Its more like too many "gamers" have been spoiled by constant sales and penny pinching, which gives them an unrealistic expectation of how much games should cost.

That and people always forget that the SRP especially here in Japan is rarely the actual cost that you will be paying. There are some examples of the digital copies costing slightly less than the physical, but its usually not by much. 500-1000 yen and thats IF the publisher decides to even do that.

*Edit

The statement in general goes to pretty much anything these days when it comes to a games launch having people whine about price. Seen it countless times on GAF and always shake my head at it every time.

Beautiful, very informative OP, just a little image heavy. Subscribed.

I'm really really tempted to import this.

If you are still on the fence Id say wait a little and check back with the impressions here. Which Id imagine would be pretty good, but at least you will have info from folks you would trust with how the new console version turned out.

I ran what AmiAmi is charging me (9330 + 1,000 yen for shipping) through XE.com, and it still comes in under $100.

Imports aren't cheap when you're out of the country. Pretty amazing how cheap you can get stuff over there though. Can't wait for another round of used Japanese game buying in April.

Parakeetman

I ran what AmiAmi is charging me (9330 + 1,000 yen for shipping) through XE.com, and it still comes in under $100.

Imports aren't cheap when you're out of the country. Pretty amazing how cheap you can get stuff over there though. Can't wait for another round of used Japanese game buying in April.

Thats not too bad considering its around 9,000 on amazon for the deluxe sound edition. Depending if you are an amazon prime customer or not add in a couple hundred more for shipping and if you do COD the price for that also. Which could bring it to around the same price you are paying depending.

For those who would be buying using USD might as well do it now while the dollar is strong. Its around 104 JPY per USD currently. Since god knows when its going to dip back to shit city again. Was AWESOME when it was back in the 70s. ..

Top Bottom