• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost |OT| 3x Better Than Your Favorite Fighting/Mecha game

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I'm just saying

Nothing good ever happened to anyone who punched Char.

Nothing good has ever happened to anyone who did anything with Char. Pretty much everyone who ever met him has met an unfortunate and tragic end.

Even his sister, who just suddenly stopped existing

Beckx

Nothing good has ever happened to anyone who did anything with Char. Pretty much everyone who ever met him has met an unfortunate and tragic end.

Even his sister, who just suddenly stopped existing

If you punch enough Gundam pilots, though, you can counteract it and avoid that fate, right Bright?

Poor Sayla. Doesn't she get referenced in Zeta? It's been over a decade since I last saw that show.

If you punch enough Gundam pilots, though, you can counteract it and avoid that fate, right Bright?

Poor Sayla. Doesn't she get referenced in Zeta? It's been over a decade since I last saw that show.

She was seen only once in Zeta on a deckchair listening to Char's speech. She did do something however in ZZ which was
saving Judau's sister from a burning cabin somehow.

andymcc

Banned

yeah.

she has a brief non-speaking roll. she's in ZZ though, she even has a few lines!

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

Not even Bright. As an indirect result of Char's Counterattack man ends up unknowingly signing his own son's death warrant

Sometimes my boy Char plays a long game with his karmic terrorism

Poor Sayla. Doesn't she get referenced in Zeta? It's been over a decade since I last saw that show

I think she's the only cast member to not make an appearance in Zeta from the original show.

She does show up in ZZ though, where she somehow, for some reason saved Judau's sister from her presumed death to give the show a happy ending(despite all the other people that died) and hype up Char's Counterattack.

Then she proceeded to not be in Char's Counterattack lol

Edit: thats right. strangedopamine has it correct. She just doesn't have a speaking part or any direct role in the series, unlike all the other major characters from the original.

You're not helping with my attempts at not buying this game.

Kind of strapped for money right now though. I wonder if there's any sense in buying the older game at all. It doesn't have an online pass, right?

Nope it does not. But with FB coming out next week, EXVS is gonna get dropped like a rock.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Tried searching for it and got nothing, but to confirm, this game has no system link feature right? Only split screen?

Luigi87

I just decided to start watching Gundam Build Fighters tonight, as I've been off watching anime for a while...

Now I want this game even more o_o

Never got an answer to my question I think.

When the music plays in MP, is it dependent on the host? Or everyone plays their own music from custom/game soundtrack?

I don't even care which it is. It's constant Daybreak's Bell for everyone on my server, woo!

Hey I don't mind with that choice of song but I would like some other OSTs as well. Rhythm Emotion and Hakanaku mo Towa no Kanashi tops it with Daybreaks Bell for me. Ash like Snow is another.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Never got an answer to my question I think.

When the music plays in MP, is it dependent on the host? Or everyone plays their own music from custom/game soundtrack?

I'd bet the latter. Don't think they'd be charging for the Premium G version if you could just hear all the tracks through the hosts in multi anyways.

isual

Premium standard pre orderd. payed 76.99 from play asia, free shipping.

first import purchase ever that's day 1.

btw, can I play online with NA friends ?

isual

i forgot i have a a japanese psn account.

Can I play japanese games I bought off the jpn psn store on my NA psvita ?

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
My personal favourite of the SEED OST (I like it even more at this tempo): Strike Shutsugeki.
Great one, although the accelerated tempo is a bit weird :p
The regular version is in the Premium G edition of the game too.

Okay I got to know. Where did you get that from? Also keep up with the slapping guys.
Unicorn OST is Top 3 if it makes you feel any better.

Very good if not great, but not the best. Favorite track from Destiny though, Mission Kaishi
Agreed, and on the song selection too (even if I have some sort of soft spot for Sakebi to Gekitetsu)

You can't argue with Strike Shutsugeki.

I'm not saying SEED has the best soundtrack. That's obviously Turn A. Goddamn Moon, man. And the way it's used in the show. All the OP-s and ED-s of Turn A are super memorable as well.
There is no question that if SEED weren't Gundam OST king, it'd be Turn A. I'll concede it is very tight race.

Just got charged on PSN for dat Premium G preorder! :O

Also, just started streaming if you wanna watch: http://www.twitch.tv/gevurah22
YAY
I'll preorder mine on PSN tomorrow after I get some JP cards :D

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Huh, Solaris is cheap, but haven't used them before. I assume it's good?

I guess I could bother someone like ponpo lol... wait, why is he banned? D:

isual

I'm just curious, even though ps3's are not region locked, why are there even Asian versions of JPN games ?

Why does this gotta come out while I am on this long business trip!?

:(

I hope I can still find a first print copy when I return to Osaka.

I'm just curious, even though ps3's are not region locked, why are there even Asian versions of JPN games ?

Because they are counted as different regions. Same reason why there are more and more Korean games separate from Japanese and Asian versions. All about that $$$

I'm 100% in. I've spent way too much money on this damn game in arcades over here.

TIME TO NOT SPEND ANYMORE
at least till the next game hits

My JP PSN is ElliotGay btw.

Beth Cyra

http://gundam-vs.jp/extreme/acmb/

Shining Gundam confirmed for Maxi
And Wing again becomes the only series to not have the starter lead.

Happy Shining has returned though.

^^^^^^^^

Above me. Is that a Quatre piloted Wing Zero in the vain of the Lacus Justice?

While a part of it would love it for the sheer amount of trolling it would be to Sandrock fans, we don't need a third Wing Zero. Wing or Snow White is one thing, but come on guys, Zero is already covered.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Shining Finger sword was amazing in Next+

Happy to see it come back.

IronLich

As a person who played NEXT on PSP, I was super nervous about changing to Extreme VS so I passed, but now that Full Boost is a thing, AND it has playable Gaia, well...

I CAN'T CONTROL THE HYPE
CjSdAug.gif

Bleep

How widely varied is the balance of the suits in this game? Are we talking Marvel vs Capcom 2 or Virtua Fighter? It won't matter much to me because I will just be playing casually with friends, but I am curious how the developer has handled having so many playable characters. Tier lists like what is linked in the original post can be meaningless without the context of how big of a difference there is between S and C.

Yup no lan.

Does anyone have any idea how tournaments like SoCal Regionals would run this game then? I just assumed it had support for LAN play.

Maxi Boost units as DLC for Full Boost?!
You should remove that from your post since pics of magazine scans aren't allowed on GAF. Also, people in the gamefaqs board are saying that's probably an FB page placed next to a maxi boost page, so don't hold your breath until there's more verification.
How widely varied is the balance of the suits in this game? Are we talking Marvel vs Capcom 2 or Virtua Fighter? It won't matter much to me because I will just be playing casually with friends, but I am curious how the developer has handled having so many playable characters. Tier lists like what is linked in the original post can be meaningless without the context of how big of a difference there is between S and C.

Does anyone have any idea how tournaments like SoCal Regionals would run this game then? I just assumed it had support for LAN play.
Until recently with the DLC, there haven't been any real clone units. All though universal tactics can apply to a majority of the suits, they all play rather uniquely from one another. Add in the different tiers and the buffs/nerfs to damage and boost that apply to said tiers which help with the character balance. Of course you're going to get characters that have better tools as the nature of something with this many units.

Also, for things like SCR, they play online with each other. Netcode quality is really good since they're essentially next to each other and it practically feels like proper LAN. Of course you need a decent connection for this to happen.

Top Bottom