• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost |OT| 3x Better Than Your Favorite Fighting/Mecha game

Well back to the boards and it may look like that pic is legit. Would fall in line with how DLC went with EXVS, if this is the case. Can't go wrong with Brave Commander. ^^

Beth Cyra

Well back to the boards and it may look like that pic is legit. Would fall in line with how DLC went with EXVS, if this is the case. Can't go wrong with Brave Commander. ^^

Well I'm super disappointed by a Quatre based Zero, I must say I'm happy for Shin M. Zaku II. Or at least that looks like his color scheme anyway.

Seriously though Team Vs, Wing has more then Zero, lets make use of that instead okay? The only thing worse would be them adding a fucking Proto Zero variant.

Well I'm super disappointed by a Quatre based Zero, I must say I'm happy for Shin M. Zaku II. Or at least that looks like his color scheme anyway.

Seriously though Team Vs, Wing has more then Zero, lets make use of that instead okay? The only thing worse would be them adding a fucking Proto Zero variant.

Need Zech's, Trowa's, Wufei's, Duo's and Trant's Zero first. :p

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Im still sad no Kampfer seriously that was one of the most badass Zeon units ever and one of the few that used a shotgun D:

Its so damned iconic besides from the Hygogg, but by far more badass. That and seems like the Kapool replaced the Hygogg anyways, which isnt a bad thing considering how its 100 times more amusing to watch matches with the tag team in it and how it plays. lol

And for the 100000000 time where the hell is my normal scrub GM. Dont care which one it is just include at least one in the game that isnt the Blue Destiny Unit 1. As the Exam System kinda kills the whole fun of being a scrub GM.

It was like back in the days of the original capcom gundam vs game where people would pick the Zaku I and beat the shit out of all those who picked the higher costing units.

Its like SF Alpha where people go destroying folks with Birdie or Sodom lol

Well, this series will probably not feature grunts unless it's a super fan fav like Acguy or some sort of special variant. Maybe a White Dingo GM Sniper Custom would be in the works?

Also, more character costumes from the dustloop dlc thread.

6wcwI.png

Dat Athrun shades one. xD

Parakeetman

Well, this series will probably not feature grunts unless it's a super fan fav like Acguy or some sort of special variant. Maybe a White Dingo GM Sniper Custom would be in the works?

6wcwI.png

lol @ athrun and the deal with it shades. XD

6wcwI.png

LMAO ELS Setsuna looks like a ghost. Also wow Athrun shades version looks so cheap and photoshopped.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I hope so too, so that I don't hear people saying it's bad because they can't play it right.

Reishiki

Banned

6wcwI.png

Is there an Athrun 'Deal with it' gif somewhere? I need it because reasons.

Argh, don't need this game as I've barely scratched the first VS but I'm still tempted by this and fresh online play. I'm spreadsheeting this game, trying to find the cheapest cost scenario for myself, and it's annoying as the disc copy is cheaper if I don't get hit by import fees (another £8 + 20%) and the PSN copy is only cheaper if I factor in import fees and purchase more PSN money to raies the PSN/£ ratio. Also wondering if the PSN G edition is worth the ~£12 premium (can't believe play asia are selling it ~£50 more than the regular disc copy).

Quick question: did the DLC for the first game ever go on sale. I noticed there are bundles but anything like the usual PSN sales?

Parakeetman

Argh, don't need this game as I've barely scratched the first VS but I'm still tempted by this and fresh online play. I'm spreadsheeting this game, trying to find the cheapest cost scenario for myself, and it's annoying as the disc copy is cheaper if I don't get hit by import fees (another £8 + 20%) and the PSN copy is only cheaper if I factor in import fees and purchase more PSN money to raies the PSN/£ ratio. Also wondering if the PSN G edition is worth the ~£12 premium (can't believe play asia are selling it ~£50 more than the regular disc copy).

Quick question: did the DLC for the first game ever go on sale. I noticed there are bundles but anything like the usual PSN sales?

In Japan sales are not as common as the West. But they do happen on "occasion". Generally good rule of thumb with JP titles is not to go picking them up with hopes of "sales" for DLC and whatnots.

There was a pack of the first 6 for 2000 yen I think, but that was after the first year.

NEO0MJ

Didn't even watch the second half. Not Char pshhhh

It's pretty strange to see a Red horned Zaku II not piloted by Char, but then I remembered that Char's suits are usually pink.

In Japan sales are not as common as the West. But they do happen on "occasion". Generally good rule of thumb with JP titles is not to go picking them up with hopes of "sales" for DLC and whatnots.

Yeah. I think it took them over a year to release a DLC pack that bundled the DLC units for cheap.

There was a pack of the first 6 for 2000 yen I think, but that was after the first year.
Ah, thanks for that. Guess I won't need extra PSN credit in that case. Back to the excel sheet I go.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I use the browser store so I can copy and paste search terms from wikipedia

what the hell do you mean no results found for GUNDAMU playstation?

If the community is anything like EXVS there will be a wide range of skill levels, even on GAF.

And I am at the really terrible level. I distinctly remember having something like a 20+ match losing streak once. So I apologize in advance to anyone who has the misfortune of teaming with me :p. Gaffers are usually cool but there was one non-Gaffer once who I warned I would be bad but still berated me for my play. That incident really soured me and I kinda lost the willpower to play much after that

I'm looking at Full Boost as another chance to get back into this. I do my best to try to learn, but pretty much any action-y genre doesn't come naturally for me.

Yeah amishpriest99 usually the salt doesn't flow in GAF matches. The system shuffles teams each game anyway. The atmosphere is really casual.

Shouta

How widely varied is the balance of the suits in this game? Are we talking Marvel vs Capcom 2 or Virtua Fighter? It won't matter much to me because I will just be playing casually with friends, but I am curious how the developer has handled having so many playable characters. Tier lists like what is linked in the original post can be meaningless without the context of how big of a difference there is between S and C.

Does anyone have any idea how tournaments like SoCal Regionals would run this game then? I just assumed it had support for LAN play.

Inbetween MvC2 and VF if I had to say so.

It's generally trickier to talk about this because the nature of the game (2v2, true 3D freedom, environment, etc) makes it very possible for what would be considered "low-tier" suits to win match-ups. When you see a tier list, you should keep in mind that it's an analysis of the unit's particular numbers/properties rather than say a match-up list.

They'll hook all the systems up to a switch that is connected to the internet. The game only needs to be connected to the internet for match-reporting and server checks. When you're on the same network, it's lag-less. (i.e. blue bar)

Enron

Banned
And I am at the really terrible level. I distinctly remember having something like a 20+ match losing streak once. So I apologize in advance to anyone who has the misfortune of teaming with me :p. Gaffers are usually cool but there was one non-Gaffer once who I warned I would be bad but still berated me for my play. That incident really soured me and I kinda lost the willpower to play much after that

I'm looking at Full Boost as another chance to get back into this. I do my best to try to learn, but pretty much any action-y genre doesn't come naturally for me.

There are north american players you will encounter if you play in US/CA rooms that will berate you and fuck with you during a match (refusing to play once match has started, run and hide, etc) if they don't think you are up to their standards until you just get fed up and leave. Such people are rare thankfully and no one in gundamgaf is like this.

Shingin

They'll hook all the systems up to a switch that is connected to the internet. The game only needs to be connected to the internet for match-reporting and server checks. When you're on the same network, it's lag-less. (i.e. blue bar)

Shouta pretty much explains it, but here's what it would like in action:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCitIoKHoVQ

Keep in mind if your a controller player and console your currently playing is using stick you'll need to quit the lobby and go into options to change the controls back to controller.

Top Bottom