• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost |OT| 3x Better Than Your Favorite Fighting/Mecha game

There are north american players you will encounter if you play in US/CA rooms that will berate you and fuck with you during a match (refusing to play once match has started, run and hide, etc) if they don't think you are up to their standards until you just get fed up and leave. Such people are rare thankfully and no one in gundamgaf is like this.

This is what I hate the most. It's not like I'm not trying to learn and improve, but I may never be that good. I just want to have fun playing. So I'll give rejoining GundamGAF a go. I think the problem I had before was with some Gamefaqs user that somehow was getting into GundamGAF games.

Ryuukan

This is what I hate the most. It's not like I'm not trying to learn and improve, but I may never be that good. I just want to have fun playing. So I'll give rejoining GundamGAF a go. I think the problem I had before was with some Gamefaqs user that somehow was getting into GundamGAF games.

Did you already log 10 hours of viewing donkey's twitch stream? New gundamgaf requirement

Shouta

Shouta pretty much explains it, but here's what it would like in action:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCitIoKHoVQ

Keep in mind if your a controller player and console your currently playing is using stick you'll need to quit the lobby and go into options to change the controls back to controller.

Assuming the spectate mode works well. That should be mitigated a bit now too, thankfully by whoever's spectating be the host and have the streamer invite folks as they swap their controls.

I just wish they added a control change option in Lobby. >=(

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Got some point cards and preordered! :D

now the wait begins D:

Beckx

Well, this series will probably not feature grunts unless it's a super fan fav like Acguy or some sort of special variant. Maybe a White Dingo GM Sniper Custom would be in the works?

Yeah, the only reason I hold any (tiny, miniscule) hope of Leo making it in someday is that you can have a Treize piloted version.

------------------------

MAN, who knew what kind of hornets nest you could kick over talking shit about ZZ. ;D

Beth Cyra

Yeah, the only reason I hold any (tiny, miniscule) hope of Leo making it in someday is that you can have a Treize piloted version.

------------------------

MAN, who knew what kind of hornets nest you could kick over talking shit about ZZ. ;D
That would require Treize's being popular :(

He almost never places in Wing fan polls and they didn't even give his Tallgeese a proper MG release despite it being the TG featured in the climax of Wing.

Last time I tried to play this game, I was told GundamGaf wasn't a thing. Is it a thing again?

Also, are people still gonna be playing ExVs Vanilla after the end of the month? Cause I bought damn near all the DLC for that game, and as little as I've played it, I don't think I can justify buying the new one (and then buying even more DLC).

Beth Cyra

Last time I tried to play this game, I was told GundamGaf wasn't a thing. Is it a thing again?

Also, are people still gonna be playing ExVs Vanilla after the end of the month? Cause I bought damn near all the DLC for that game, and as little as I've played it, I don't think I can justify buying the new one (and then buying even more DLC).

I can't see many going back honestly. All the new suits and huge changes to the game that Full Boost received will keep the majority from revisiting the original Ex Vs.

Beckx

That would require Treize's being popular :(

He almost never places in Wing fan polls and they didn't even give his Tallgeese a proper MG release despite it being the TG featured in the climax of Wing.

I don't wanna live in this world anymore.

MichaelVash7886

Neo Member
ApvexsWl.png

Can't wait.

I don't see the speicial mobile suit you get am I supposed to?

Beth Cyra

I don't wanna live in this world anymore.
I'm with ya. Hell Treize was easily the best thing from Wing. Has the best Tallgeese, creates Epyon in a secret lab. All on top of him ordering hits while taking rose petal bathes.

Dude is a god to me.

akaoni

Banned
Can you change your display name with this game being JP PSN accounts and all that?

Bought it now anyway, thanks for answering my question on short notice. If you use Paypal on Play-Asia to buy the digital codes they have to do security stuff while my debit card got me the codes straight away, think I'll be refunded. Just a warning.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
So what happens if I don't pre-order before 26/1? Play-Asia has completely fucked me over at the moment.

Can't preorder anymore. Just have to buy it on the day of.

My guess would be that you dont get the S Gundam stuff.

Nah you still get it regardless.

Only advantage to preordering is being able to pre-load the game on the 28th, so that you're good to go as soon as the game launches

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
S Gundam is with digital until Feb 28

Thats good to hear. Guess lots of folks will be heading in that direction when they cant find physical copies.

Can't preorder anymore. Just have to buy it on the day of.

Nah you still get it regardless.

Only advantage to preordering is being able to pre-load the game on the 28th, so that you're good to go as soon as the game launches

Very cool bout the pre-loads for those who are going digital. Can imagine they are getting lots of "outside" sales for this title. Too bad we will never really get the data on it, since would be interesting to see.

RGM79

So, any idea on how Play-Asia will be handling shipping? I'm holding out hope that they will ship to arrive on release date, but that doesn't seem likely..

akaoni

Banned
So, any idea on how Play-Asia will be handling shipping? I'm holding out hope that they will ship to arrive on release date, but that doesn't seem likely..

Only time I tried pre-ordering something on Play-Asia they had not shipped even by the release date IIRC.

Beckx

If you used Fed Ex you have a decent chance of getting it day after.

Rhapsody

Banned

It's ok, we can learn together lol. I never played this seriously before (or 2v2 with real people for that matter).
I'm just looking to have fun and learn along the way.

Just make sure to play with us GAF people so you don't have to deal with assholes. ;)

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Just make sure to play with us GAF people so you don't have to deal with assholes. ;)
Truth, the matches I played were great fun because all of us sucked
because of the terrible hilarious lag
and no one really cared :D

kollapse

Neo Member
I'm deeply regretting ordering the normal version instead of G Sound; if anyone is questioning, just go for it - it's just money.

But, of course, nothing can stop this hype.

Question. For 2v2 with people, what two costs do players generally choose when choosing units when forming a team?

3K double team, for high-risk, high reward.

Because 3Ks are generally well-rounded superior suits with no weaknesses, you'll typically see more reward than risk.

kollapse

Neo Member

Because 3Ks are generally well-rounded superior suits with no weaknesses, you'll typically see more reward than risk.

I find I'm always worried about being a 'burden' by choosing a high cost unit when I'm worse than my partner. Anyone else fear that kind of thing? Or am I being paranoid?

Rhapsody

Banned

Hm, I never thought of it that way. Good to hear though since I was wondering if choosing 3k when my teammate does would be more of annoyance or not.

Ahahahaha. This is a horrible way to play for anyone new to the game or two partners that are not familiar with each others playstyles. If the front/back roles are not clearly defined and strictly followed then you end up running an extremely risky and volatile team composition.

Top Bottom