• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA 6 running on PS5? What you expect?

Robb

Gold Member
Should definitely look better than RDR2, anything less would be strange.

I’m just praying they’ve actually improved the important stuff, like controls and mission designs.

Vick

Yes.

Trailer is filled with little indications it's indeed running on Consoles.

This is the same studio who made GTA V on 360/PS3.. and built this around a Xbox One and made it run at native 4K on One X (this is Pro version version 1.00):

kW7O9mH.png

hxFVE7A.png

QB4MMc3.png

vQm3BIq.png

OEOXQyY.png

zs93XBF.png

scirkhT.png

cE1T5Rd.png

tQ4P9uY.png

9HKtaxB.png

yJHj8wp.png

hiQ3gok.png

AiAENHp.png

No one can touch Rockstar.

the trailer is what we expect. 1440P 30fps is what you are going to get
The leaked gameplay footage from two days ago was already running at 60fps in Performance Mode at 1440p.

Last edited:

SimTourist

Rockstar has by far the best programmers in the business, RDR2 runs at 4k/30 on Xbox One X with graphics that not many linear games can contest. I wouldn't worry about the tech part of it.

Vick

There's been no update from Rockstar. I'm sure they could easily implement it, but they'll charge for it at some point.
And I'd gladily take that because fuck the current downgraded version at 60fps. It needs to be completely restored to how it was when it launched first, and they'd only do that with a native port (hopefully):

Add draw distance and AO to the list, massive difference for both.

AO difference is absolutely awful for characters especially:

efceW8m.gif

DDD29B00-5156-4A21-899F-C196EAD31284.gif

But in general game had a unique pre-rendered quality thanks to it which is not there anymore.

02CAE6DF-04DA-498E-9560-2F1A6FD40D19.gif

75703F09-7C1C-4259-8798-323DCEBA4A3A.gif

723C7221-399D-463D-9A62-191B721404E3.gif

4AE82583-7387-4149-929F-8D5C04C53D30.gif

And what's worse to me is draw distance, as you said LOD management was jaw dropping in 1.00 with practically non-existent pop-in, when any version after display tons of missing trees/shadows all over the place.

253BB2EE-E5FC-496E-A1E3-32EB5CB17803.gif

4DEFF4E7-2B4C-4242-AC0C-D2A006DDA5F2.gif

37832166-3707-4F7C-B0F6-A9D08B5846FD.gif

I mean look behind the characters, it's insane:

6B7C595D-6AC3-4655-9477-E119F1D0E0F3.gif

C3F118FD-1D87-49C8-A09D-7EF65BADC595.gif

D1BB867A-F9A0-4784-9B0E-2E8D83D53E46.gif

0271BB8B-387C-4ADD-8463-8731E419142E.gif

Last edited:

Pimpbaa

The technical and gameplay aspects will be great, but the story might be a step back from previous rockstar games.

I'm convinced HighPoly is a bot at this point.
LMAO, lil bro doesn't want to cause any harm. Just wants to get the discussion going.
And his Super Mario 64 profile pic saves him for me.

But to answer your question OP, graphics are already better as we've seen.
AI and physics will also be a big step-up knowing Rockstar.
Only thing that a lot of fans and haters want is an evolved mission design from this game.
Different approaches and the freedom to take on a mission how you want without a "Game over" when you walk 25 meters away from your goal.
If they manage to advance on that, it would already be a big W.

sendit

come on man, I'm writing in your language without any translation app...

don't be so arrogant
With AI readily available, English as a second language shouldn't be an excuse. Especially on a forum.

Last edited:

qbxwhi

The trailer is what we'll get.

This is what happens when you make a next gen game targeting 30fps.

Amazing aint it
every gta game has been downgraded from initial trailers shown.
gta6 will not look or run as good as this trailer.
its a pre-rendered target demo they are aiming for, just like the killzone 2 trailer.

Last edited:

Hohenheim

I'm guessing 30fps on ps5/xbox, with quite a bit of downgrades from what we saw. Maybe a mode with 60 on the ps5 pro, with low resolution.

Then the PC version aka 120fps 4K arrives later and the next gen console version (which is bacically the same as PC version) arrives after that, as launch titles for the next consoles.

Then a new version/ update arrives on PC, which pisses all over the next gen console versions..

etc etc etc

twilo99

Better hope it’s not CPU heavy like UE5 because if that’s the case even the “pro” model will struggle if they keep that zen2 core

Last edited:

HighPoly

Banned
Better hope it’s not CPU heavy like UE5 because if that’s the case even the “pro” model will struggle if they keep that zen2 core
yep

but it's plausible, cause this game will support another physic level, A.I and a vivid world

am I wrong about that? Does anyone know if hardwares needs CPU to make complex physics?

Killjoy-NL

Come one guys...

I hope for 1440p 30fps, but what we've seen in games today, is the possibilitie of running GTA 6 in 1080p 30fps!!

I mean, this game will be extremely complex
With the graphical fidelity and dynamic world shown in the trailer, complaining about 1080p rendering sounds extremely petty.

Same goes for 30fps.

Graphical fidelity > resolution

HighPoly

Banned
With the graphical fidelity and dynamic world shown in the trailer, complaining about 1080p rendering sounds extremely petty.

Same goes for 30fps.

Graphical fidelity > resolution
native 1080p to uspacale looking like 1440p 30fps with the new FSR3, must be amazing?

Last edited:

HL3.exe

1440 upscaled, 30.

They've always done 30fps, and will do now because they prefer dense simulation fidelity, over higher framerates.

Edit: And even though the leap over the poor Jaguars CPU's has been great, these Ryzen console CPU's are still 'meh' at best. A high-end CPU from 2014 still outperforms it.

(For the unaware, both console CPU's are incredibly similar. Also you have the 'lowest common denominator' rule to consider. So the game needs to be optimized for Series S as well. Meaning universal optimization when it comes to game-logic complexity)

Last edited:

HL3.exe

am I wrong about that? Does anyone know if hardwares needs CPU to make complex physics?
It depends. For deterministic game-logic dependent physics = Yes. CPU dependent. (So, cars in GTA for instance, or the complex Euphoria ragdolls and all the physics they interact with)

For filler debris physics, physics not relevant to gameplay = No, can be offloaded to the GPU. (That why a lot of those physics feel styrofoam-like)

Last edited:

HighPoly

Banned
It depends. For deterministic game-logic dependent physics = Yes. CPU dependent. (So, cars in GTA for instance, or the complex Euphoria ragdolls and all the physics they interact with)

For filler debris physics, physics not relevant to gameplay = No, can be offloaded to the GPU. (That why a lot of those physics feel styrofoam-like)
I hope it's not another Saints Row gameplay

twilo99

1440 upscaled, 30.

They've always done 30fps, and will do now because they prefer dense simulation fidelity, over higher framerates.

Edit: And even though the leap over the poor Jaguars CPU's has been great, these Ryzen console CPU's are still 'meh' at best. A high-end CPU from 2014 still outperforms it.

(For the unaware, both console CPU's are incredibly similar. Also you have the 'lowest common denominator' rule to consider. So the game needs to be optimized for Series S as well. Meaning universal optimization when it comes to game-logic complexity)

Like we are seeing with BG3, optimizing for the series s should help the game run better on the bigger consoles. All 3 run on the same weak CPU.

only hope is for the ps5 pro to not have a slightly higher clocked zen2 but an actual upgrade.

SSfox

I don't care, the game looks impressive but it's not coming before 18 months at the very least. There are a lot of great games coming now and in next moths that will release way before gta6, so for now that's all what matter, we'll start talking about shit like this next year and so when the game is close to release.

Last edited:

Go_Ly_Dow

Some kind of dyanmic resolution,1440-1600p upscaled to 4k @ 30fps.

Hoping for a 40fps 120hz mode at launch.

No 60fps mode.

Last edited:

proandrad

I mean did you see that trailer? 1440p upscaled to 4k 30fps quality mode, 1080p upscaled to 4k 30fps ray tracing mode. I expect both modes to use FSR and have frame drops.

Top Bottom