• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT Sport currently has 8.2 million users

Trimesh

Banned
It doesn’t matter what you think about me.
The numbers in OP are outdated like I spotted before and I just did a double check to confirm it.
If your profile is active or not, or you liked it or not is irrelevant to the OP.

Maybe you are being paid by MS to say GTS is boring crap :messenger_tears_of_joy:

The game is pretty good and active.

Although expressed in a slightly sarcastic manner, it was a serious question - the game basically forces you to create an online profile to do anything, so the number has to be treated as an upper bound for the number of console user profiles that started the game at least once - which is likely to be a much larger number than the people that actually play it on any sort of consistent basis.

And, honestly, I have to say I found the game a huge disappointment (this is coming from a big fan of the previous GT titles) - ultimately, GTS is all about the championships - but they are heavily structured as "big deal" events - and I typically play video games for entertainment and relaxation. I played it for about 3 days, really didn't get into it and eventually deleted it. For comparison, I spent hundreds of hours playing GT6.

ethomaz

Banned
Although expressed in a slightly sarcastic manner, it was a serious question - the game basically forces you to create an online profile to do anything, so the number has to be treated as an upper bound for the number of console user profiles that started the game at least once - which is likely to be a much larger number than the people that actually play it on any sort of consistent basis.

And, honestly, I have to say I found the game a huge disappointment (this is coming from a big fan of the previous GT titles) - ultimately, GTS is all about the championships - but they are heavily structured as "big deal" events - and I typically play video games for entertainment and relaxation. I played it for about 3 days, really didn't get into it and eventually deleted it. For comparison, I spent hundreds of hours playing GT6.
It is fair you don’t like the game and that doesn’t mean it is crap.
It can say too how bored I was with GT6 and played just enough to get the Platinum trophy... GT5 (over 600 hours played) was a complete superior experience to the point that GT6 was a huge disappointment and that showed in sales being the worst seller main GT ever... it probably didn’t even reached 5 million shipped.

GTS the opposite is the best GT ever created for me... I really wanted to have the time today to play it like I have before to play previous games (my child born last year and his doesn’t have 1 year yet).

GTS makes races exciting and unpredictable... you race like you should do... like going to Kart in the weekend.
Your adrenaline go high... it is fantastic.

The game is so polished too that makes olds GT games a amateur work.
PD really took their time to lear ln from previous mistakes.

The huge success of GTS is the Motorsport is showing how they nailed it now and I hope more coming with GTS 2 on PS5... the GT franchise is again in the up trend after the huge hit they got with GT6.

About the online profiles you need to start the game and accept the conditions pop up in the first time in the menu to the profile be created and it only shows it online.
It doesn’t create profile for split-screen guest accounts.

What you probably want is MAU but the OP
Is not about MAU is about number os profiles/players that today is 1.3m bigger than when the slide was created or they got the data.

I can have MAU in the future but it is too cost because to have that I will have to do a full extract every month for 10 million profiles (to check if they played the game that month) that takes days if not a week to finish.

Last edited:

Trimesh

Banned
It is fair you don’t like the game and that doesn’t mean it is crap.
It can say too how bored I was with GT6 and played just enough to get the Platinum trophy... GT5 (over 600 hours played) was a complete superior experience to the point that GT6 was a huge disappointment and that showed in sales being the worst seller main GT ever... it probably didn’t even reached 5 million shipped.

Yeah, I'm not a great fan of GT6 either, and I probably should have made that clear by saying something like "... even GT6 I played for hundreds of hours". My favorite GT game is still GT3, despite the now dated looking graphics - although that might be because I had a lot more time to play games during the PS2 era.

It would be interesting to know just how many people are playing GT sport on a regular basis - I'm probably slightly biased, since to me it seemed to be a game that had a huge focus on precisely the parts of the earlier Gran Turismo games that I liked the least.

Top Bottom