• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coming Soon to Game Pass: Forza Motorsport, Like A Dragon: Ishin!, Warhammer 40,000: Darktide, and From Space

Draugoth

Gold Member
TW_Coming-Soon_10.3.2023-aa4fb943b7d119069359-1024x576.jpg

Available Today

Gotham Knights (Cloud, PC, and Xbox Series X|S)
Batman is dead. A new expansive, criminal underworld has swept the streets of Gotham City. It is now up to the Batman Family – Batgirl, Nightwing, Red Hood, and Robin – to protect Gotham, bring hope to its citizens, discipline to its cops, and fear to its criminals.

The Lamplighter’s League (Cloud, PC, and Xbox Series X|S)
Available on day one with Game Pass:
Sneak, steal, and shoot your way through a world of pulp adventure in The Lamplighters League! Globetrot across a variety of exciting locales around the world and outwit your enemies in strategic turn-based combat and, if you play your cards right, you might just save the world.

Coming Soon

Warhammer 40,000: Darktide (Cloud and Xbox Series X|S) – October 4
Available now with PC Game Pass and making its way to Xbox Series X|S and Xbox Cloud Gaming (Beta). From the developers of the best-selling and award-winning franchise Vermintide, Warhammer 40,000: Darktide is a visceral 4-player co-op action game set in the hive city of Tertium. Fight together with your friends against hordes of enemies in this new Warhammer 40,000 experience.

Warhammer 40,000: Darktide

Forza Motorsport (Cloud, PC, and Xbox Series X|S) – October 10
Available on day one with Game Pass:
Race over 500 real-world cars, including modern race cars and more than 100 cars new to Forza Motorsport. Make every lap count across 20 living environments, with fan-favorite __cpLocations and multiple track layouts to master, each featuring live on-track scoring, fully dynamic time-of-day with weather, and unique driving conditions that ensure no two laps ever look or play the same. Want to jump in early? Game Pass members can save 10% on the Premium Add-Ons Bundle and unlock 5 days early access, VIP membership, Car Pass, and much more. Read more about Forza Motorsport at Xbox Wire.

Forza Motorsport

From Space (Cloud, Console, and PC) – October 12
From Space is a solo and co-op action-shooter for squads of up to four players. Take on the challenge of liberating the earth from an alien infestation with your friends, using over-the-top weaponry in a post-apocalyptic world with awesomely stylized graphics. The apocalypse has never been so much fun!

From Space

Like A Dragon: Ishin! (Cloud, Console, and PC) – October 17
Take up the sword as Sakamoto Ryoma and venture to Kyoto to find your father’s killer, clear yourself of a framed murder, and restore your honor. In doing so, you will bring an end to the samurai era and forever change the future of Japan. Draw your blade and join the revolution in this heated historical adventure.

Like A Dragon: Ishin!

In Case You Missed It

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy (Cloud, Console, and PC) – Available now
Take that! Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy, the classic courtroom adventure series that has sold millions of copies across the globe, is available now with Game Pass! Take the stand as rookie defense attorney Phoenix Wright to unravel mind-bending mysteries and prove your client’s innocence.

DLC / Game Updates

EA Sports NHL 24: Early Access Trial – Available today
EA Play and Ultimate members can experience authentic on-ice action with the EA Sports NHL 24 early access trial. Members can spend 10 hours behind the puck starting today, plus score recurring rewards like World of Chel Battle Pass multiplier boost tokens, store coins, and themed gear.

Sea of Thieves: The Legend of Monkey Island – The Lair of LeChuck – Available now
The time has come to chart a course for sunny shores where puzzles, primates, and perils await! The final chapter of Sea of Thieves: The Legend of Monkey Island, ‘The Lair of LeChuck’, is available now as a free update for Sea of Thieves.

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Perks

Don’t miss out! Be sure to grab the following Perks before they are gone.

Minecraft Realms – Available until October 5
Get 3 months of access to Minecraft Realms Plus! Share your world, build with friends, and play across all your devices with your own personal server.

Overwatch 2 – Available until October 10
Get instant access to six new heroes, legendary skins, and in-game cosmetics. Claim your heroes and jump into the game now!

Xbox Game Pass Quests

Shocktober is here and featured in Quests all month long for Ultimate and Console Game Pass members. Play games, finish quests and redeem points for cool stuff. Here are a few to get you started.

• State of Decay 2: Juggernaut Edition (250 Points – Ultimate only) – Kill 75 Zombies
  • Amnesia: The Bunker (5 Points) – Play
  • Quest Completionist (500 Points) – Complete 22 daily and 12 weekly quests this period

Leaving October 15

The following games are leaving the Game Pass library soon. You know the drill here, it’s time to jump back in to play before they go. If you want to keep these games in your library, you can use your membership discount to save up to 20%!

• Eville (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Overwhelm (PC)
  • Shenzhen I/O (PC)
  • The Legend of Tianding (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Trek to Yomi (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Don't sleep on Ishin, folks.

It's practically a standalone game so you won't need to have knowledge about the prior dozen or so Yakuza games.

marjo

While it's a good list, I'm surprised by how few games there are. We used to get over twice as many games per announcement. I agree that quality is more important than quantity, but the nice thing with more options is it provided a little something for everyone, even those of us with niche interests.

acm2000

While it's a good list, I'm surprised by how few games there are. We used to get over twice as many games per announcement. I agree that quality is more important than quantity, but the nice thing with more options is it provided a little something for everyone, even those of us with niche interests.
this is first half of the month, there are always others added later

i'd say 6 games is more than enough

Last edited:

adamsapple

This doesn't include the 2 games that are coming out today. Gotham Knights and Lamlighters.

Typically it's 5, 6 games in the first half and 5, 6 in the second half. These are all the first half games:

3-Oct​
Gotham KnightsSeries X|S, PC, Cloud
3-Oct​
The Lamplighters LeagueSeries X|S, PC, Cloud
4-Oct​
Warhammer 40,000: DarktideXbox Series X|S, Cloud
10-Oct​
Forza MotorsportSeries X|S, PC, Cloud
12-Oct​
From SpaceConsole, PC, Cloud
17-Oct​
Like a Dragon: Ishin!Console, PC, Cloud

And we already know at least 4 games coming in the second half, there might be one or two more added to it.

October 24Cities: Skylines 2PC
October 26Mineko's Night MarketConsole, PC, TBD
October 31Headbangers Rhythm RoyaleConsole, PC, TBD
October 31JusantSeries X|S, PC, Clou

Last edited:
This doesn't include the 2 games that are coming out today. Gotham Knights and Lamlighters.

Typically it's 5, 6 games in the first half and 5, 6 in the second half. These are all the first half games:

3-Oct​
3-Oct​
4-Oct​
10-Oct​
12-Oct​
17-Oct​

Yeah that’s one of the better biweekly drops for my tastes. And I haven’t been a fan of what they’ve had over the past couple years (not enough AAA).

FrozenFlame

3-Oct​
3-Oct​
4-Oct​
10-Oct​
12-Oct​
17-Oct​

And we already know at least 4 games coming in the second half, there might be one or two more added to it.

Didn't knew The Lamplighters League was on gamepass and I got interested on it after the reviews. Cheers!

Still working on the bugman carry ball around game. Looking forward to climbing Jusant. But will check out The Lamplighters League to see what thats all about.

marjo

3-Oct​
3-Oct​
4-Oct​
10-Oct​
12-Oct​
17-Oct​

It's still less than what we are used to. Here's the list they had for the first half of October last year.

cp8Go48.jpg

9 games versus 4 (or 6 if you include the ones they announced last drop that come out today).

adamsapple

It's still less than what we are used to. Here's the list they had for the first half of October last year.

cp8Go48.jpg

9 games versus 4 (or 6 if you include the ones they announced last drop that come out today).

They probably work within a budget, Gotham Knights likely cost more to get on GP than most of those games combined. Just my guess.

Hoping for a surprise Dead Space remake drop in the 2nd half on GP / EA Play for Halloween and to counter PS+'s Callisto drop

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT

cp8Go48.jpg

You’d be hard pressed to convince many that September/October 2022 is better than September/October 2023.
Not to mention a decent chunk of the titles you’re showing in your October 2022 visual are PC only.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member

cp8Go48.jpg

Maybe MS will throw money and give us BG3 on Gamepass, rather than a bunch of filler indie titles!

Ev1L AuRoN

I'm curious to try the new Forza game, I'm not huge on the main Forza Series, I like the Horizon games better, but this one seems special, a long time in the oven and a lot of promises I'll definitely check it out. I got Starfield on steam and got burned, this time I'll try on game pass first.

MadPanda

Banned
Ok Microsoft, this whole year was pretty weak on my opinion, so when I sold my series x you decide to give us these games... Now I'm looking at the used ones...

Bridges

Yep, that's day 1 on launch in November. With that, pretty much every Yakuza game available on Xbox and PC will be on GP.
I've played through almost the entire series on Xbox so far and only paid for Judgment (and it looks like I will only have to pay for Lost Judgment). Life is good.

Like A Dragon is next for me, and if I ever catch up then I'll start buying them at release. They've earned it for sure

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Well the Skill system is definitely better than it was on release in Darktide for the console launch... but its still Darktide which means endgame feels utterly unrewarding and grindy because or how little opportunity you get to unlock blessings or 370+ stat weapons to work on.

All the cool things you would normally earn to show off are locked in the cash shop. There is literally 2 earnable armor sets that you gain slight versions of as you achieve stuff and you can buy in different colours with ingame currency and that's it

One is some... "I found this in a dumpster set" the other is a more generic "defualt" set for each class (this is the one it lets you buy in different colours also)

Everything else... and there is LOTS is stuck behind a premium currency you cannot earn (despite the early website FAQ saying you could before removing this line after launch) so anything you see anyone else wearing that's cool, someone paid real money for that. Imagine destiny if there was 2 armor sets with accessories that slowly upgraded the looks every so often and every other armor set was in the eververse, that's literally darktides system.

God I hate modern gaming, there's a reason Vermintide 2 gets more players.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Like a Dragon: Ishin is now available on Xbox and PC Game Pass.

Very highly recommended, this one.

Top Bottom