• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto 6--As a gaming community is it possible that we may have collectively moved on?

Dude wtf?
I just prove there is alot of felony we cant do yet and how much GTA can improve, and im not even talking about online, imagine in multiplayer you can taser or punch a another player until they are inmoviliced, so you can rape them in real time, and maybe add a minigame If he is half moving, fighting for his fate, and after you rape him, he got a tag about which player rape him and how Lil bitch he is

So much posibilitys

Last edited:

Rat Rage

What the heck are you talking about? GTA 6 is gonna sell 100 million easily. Just wait until every streamer/paid social media shill starts jumping on it after release.

Kabelly

the game collectively lives rent free in your head to make this thread

first female playable character with a fat ass. it's gonna sell millions.

Soodanim

Gold Member
I've moved on from GTA. I am under no misunderstanding that the views and opinions expressed by myself are in no way representative of the wider populace.

tl;dr It's a big fuckin' world, and a lot of it likes GTA

Collectively no but I certainly don't care about it much anymore.

If Rockstar really wanted to make it then it would have released years ago. If they don't want to make it why should I want to play it?

LordCBH

I just prove there is alot of felony we cant do yet and how much GTA can improve, and im not even talking about online, imagine in multiplayer you can taser or punch a another player until they are inmoviliced, so you can rape them in real time, and maybe add a minigame If he is half moving, fighting for his fate, and after you rape him, he got a tag about which player rape him and how Lil bitch he is

So much posibilitys

What the actual fuck did I just read? Stop it. Get some help.

It's GTA. It'll be fine. People are desperate for a new game.

It still remains to be seen what direction Rockstar go in and if it will actually be good. But I think it'll be OK lol. It's literally one of the biggest games to ever exist so no need to worry about it.

Collectively no but I certainly don't care about it much anymore.

If Rockstar really wanted to make it then it would have released years ago. If they don't want to make it why should I want to play it?
That's a stupid thing to say. If GTA Online didn't exist then yeah it'd have came out by now but Rockstar are taking their time and milking GTA Online for all it's worth. We'll get GTA VI eventually. It's not like they don't want to make it lmao. When it comes out it'll be worth playing.... well not if you don't care about it anymore but for those that do it will be.

That's a stupid thing to say. If GTA Online didn't exist then yeah it'd have came out by now but Rockstar are taking their time and milking GTA Online for all it's worth. We'll get GTA VI eventually. It's not like they don't want to make it lmao. When it comes out it'll be worth playing.... well not if you don't care about it anymore but for those that do it will be.
tbh with the amount of time people have invested into GTA Online I wouldn't be surprised if they are wanting to incorporate account transfers and figuring out how something like that would work. Imagine a fresh start on GTA Online 2.0, Now imagine people transferring over with their assets how that could then encourage the whole FOMO thing to kick in on people who might not have been playing GTA Online from the get go?

That's my point dude. They at any point could have made GTA6 but they wanted to keep milking GTAO instead.

I'm not convinced it'll feel like a GTA game after all this time either. Look what happened to Saints Row.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
I could compare when The Sims 4 launched and people have a similar question with 3. Sims 4 beat 3 and still is a huge success, even with the base game becoming free, the profit still comes

5 is not that far, free to play too, and everything points to another success

MadPanda

Banned
I hope it gets out as soon as possible, so we can talk and hope about red dead redemption 3.

I finished GTA V campaign once and have no plans to ever do it again and I'm not playing mp. Going to so the same with GTA VI probably, but rdr2 is still in my mind. It may be the greatest gaming experience I've ever had. I just can't stop think about it.

Last edited:

ButchCat

If you wanna gauge people's interest in GTA then all you have to do is look at Cyberpunk 2077 which has come to sell over 20+ mil as of today (despite the turbulent launch window). Sure these two games may be different but creatively, systemically and mechanically there is a big overlap. So although coming from a reputable gaming studio at the time, Cyperpunk a new IP was able to garner a big following. Now imagine how the next instalment of a franchise that has transcended gaming will trend, I'm not saying it's guaranteed to reach GTA 5 levels of success but GTA will always be an outlier compared to other games.

DaGwaphics

I don't see how there is any evidence that the gaming community has moved on from GTA. GTA5 is still literally one of the most played games across all platforms. Which is quite an incredible feat given the age and the fact that it isn't a F2P game.

Drew1440

I mean we're not gonna get another GTA for a long time, so people are gonna have to enjoy it, unless they want to play V for the next 10 years.

diffusionx

Gold Member
How is Rockstar going to migrate people who spent thousands of dollars and hours into GTA Online to the new GTA Online? That's a tall order. It's not like COD where Activision has trained people to just do it every year.

I think its possible that some people are not going to get on board for another GTA single player game (I think I've aged out of the violence and nihilism in games like it and MK, myself), but at the same time, GTA5 has been top 10 in sales every month for a decade. How many people are we talking about here before it has a major dent on sales? That said they still should have released some singleplayer DLC when the PS4 or PS5 ports came out to get non-online players back into it.

GTA, along with Pokémon and COD, are games that will sell shitloads regardless. The average person who doesn’t care about games that much just goes “hey the new X game is out. Guess I’ll grab it.”

Gta6 will sell like hotcakes. We are just in that moment were it's radio silence on the game. Sure we know its vice city blah blah. But as soon as that first trailer hits the hype around the game will be unreal.

It's all on Rockstar to deliver a game that surpasses the gta5 cash cow and seeing as how game released 10 years ago this coming September they have had a lot of time to do so.

MMaRsu

Banned
That's my point dude. They at any point could have made GTA6
Because after GTA V development on RDR2 started in full force, and took about 6/7 years.

Leslie Benzies left
Lazlow left
One of the Houser bro's left

After RDR2 dev on GTA6 started full force.

Also lmao at comparing the creators of Red Dead Redemption 2 to the shit studio that created Saints Blow

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
It happens, but it won't with GTA6. GTA5 has remained one of the most popular games around for the entire time since it's launch. I know a kid who was 3 years old when it came out that plays it regularly. .

GTA6 will be one of the biggest launches of all time. It's just unavoidable.

I mean I don't consider it sad. I think that game deserved to do its numbers. I'm not into the culture war stuff, and I don't think most of rhe audience cares enough to not buy it if its present. If the games fun and plays well; people will buy it. Plain and simple.
Only "that game" isn't out yet, so we don't know if it "deserves to do its number" or not.

I’m disappointed in Rockstar, for all their success I was hoping they would expand their offerings, new IPs, revisiting older ones like Bully and Midnight Club too.

Instead it’s GTA particularly the online aspects and Red Dead. I get it, GTA online in particular has been bringing in substantial money regularly, I’d just like to see some of it reinvested in other new games.

Last edited:
Because after GTA V development on RDR2 started in full force, and took about 6/7 years.
They had no incentive to prioritize GTA6 when they had the golden goose in GTAO. If it wasn't for GTAO we'd be talking about the upcoming GTA7.
Also lmao at comparing the creators of Red Dead Redemption 2 to the shit studio that created Saints Blow
"Grand Theft Auto 6 will reportedly feature a female protagonist and humor that does not punch down, and that may ultimately be best for the series."

MMaRsu

Banned
If it wasn't for GTAO we'd be talking about the upcoming GTA7.

Tales from your ass. Games take 6/7 years to develop, especially games like GTA. After the PS3/360 release, they started working on PC/next gen versions.

After that, RDR2.

"Grand Theft Auto 6 will reportedly feature a female protagonist and humor that does not punch down, and that may ultimately be best for the series."

That doesn't have anything to do with the quality of the game. I personally didn't enjoy the torture mission in GTAV. Aside from that, I can't even remember the game actually shitting on certain groups.

Not only that, this is based on rumors for which there are no source.

Last edited:

Banned
I personally moved on from Rockstar Games 🤷

GTA5 was meh, RDR2 was absolute garbage, I don't expect anything and don't really care about GTA6 currently.

if it comes out and turns out to be great then great

Creating new IP's is very risky. Have a team work on a game for 5/6 years for it to flop

Agreed it is risky, why not take the risk at some point tho? If everyone took this mentality we wouldn’t of got even half the IPs we have today.

If you are going to take a risk at least make the effort to be the best it can be.

Holammer

It's going to sell gangbusters, but personally I'm going to tap out. I never even finished GTA5.
Their focus on multiplayer and delivering 100% such content soured my opinion on Rockstar, maybe I'll get it at 75% off later.

dorkimoe

Considering people are still obsessed with GTA Online, I think they could release only online and still make a killing. I couldnt figure out the point of online, wasnt fun at all

Tales from your ass. Games take 6/7 years to develop, especially games like GTA. After the PS3/360 release, they started working on PC/next gen versions.

After that, RDR2.
Taking ~12 years to release GTA6 has nothing to do with GTAO. Pumping out sequels to one of the biggest franchises wouldn't have been the main priority. Whatever you say lol.
That doesn't have anything to do with the quality of the game. I personally didn't enjoy the torture mission in GTAV. Aside from that, I can't even remember the game actually shitting on certain groups.

Not only that, this is based on rumors for which there are no source.
"Rockstar edits out “transphobic” content from GTA V remasters"
"Schreier has also shared that the developers of the next GTA game “are also being cautious not to ‘punch down’ by making jokes about marginalized groups”

They've gone soft. I have no doubt it'll be high "quality" technically but with boring and safe writing.

MMaRsu

Banned
"Rockstar edits out “transphobic” content from GTA V remasters"
"Schreier has also shared that the developers of the next GTA game “are also being cautious not to ‘punch down’ by making jokes about marginalized groups”

They've gone soft.
Nothing wrong with anti trans jokes being edited out. They don't really make fun of any other groups do they?

Can you tell me what jokes about marginalized groups were so good in GTA IV and GTA V that you remember them still?

Also, once again, Jason Schreier is a shit 'journalist' who has written plenty of articles without a valid source. Why you would put your faith in him, and not in Rockstar (yeah RDR2 was super woke wasnt it? lmao) is fucking beyond me.

Seem you've made up your mind based on jason schreiers horrible reporting lmao

Nothing wrong with anti trans jokes being edited out. They don't really make fun of any other groups do they?

Can you tell me what jokes about marginalized groups were so good in GTA IV and GTA V that you remember them still?
You want me to recall specific jokes in games I haven't played in years? lmao
Also, once again, Jason Schreier is a shit 'journalist' who has written plenty of articles without a valid source. Why you would put your faith in him, and not in Rockstar (yeah RDR2 was super woke wasnt it? lmao) is fucking beyond me.

Seem you've made up your mind based on jason schreiers horrible reporting lmao'
You mean the Rockstar that recently edited out some of their own content?

Spaceman292

Banned
There is alot of unexplored crime

We Dont create and sell drugs
We cant rape women (or man If thats your thing)
We cant make a slow and painfull torture
We cant shoot childrens in their face (or damage any children, because there are non)
Cant commit school shooting
Cant kidnap people, dismember them, and send them to their family If they Dont pay
Cant force women to use their anus and vagina, and use them to pass drugs
Cant kidnap women and have our own sexual traffiking network
Cant kidnap childrens and do the same but for pedo reasons

Thats a few examples
I get banned for calling someone a moron, but this fuckin dude is A-okay?

Oh ok he just got banned lmao

Last edited:
There is alot of unexplored crime

We Dont create and sell drugs
We cant rape women (or man If thats your thing)
We cant make a slow and painfull torture
We cant shoot childrens in their face (or damage any children, because there are non)
Cant commit school shooting
Cant kidnap people, dismember them, and send them to their family If they Dont pay
Cant force women to use their anus and vagina, and use them to pass drugs
Cant kidnap women and have our own sexual traffiking network
Cant kidnap childrens and do the same but for pedo reasons

Thats a few examples

Some eminently sensible and tasteful ideas here.

Quite frankly I'm astonished that nobody at Rockstar has ever thought of this before.

Can you go into some actual details or? Or are you just crying because you cant make fun of trans anymore?
I just said I haven't played these games in years so what "details" do you expect?

You're the one crying that I don't like the direction Rockstar has been going over the past decade. Get over it.

And trust me, I can make fun of trans just fine lol.

Last edited:

MMaRsu

Banned
I just said I haven't played these games in years so what "details" do you expect?

You're the one crying that I don't like the direction Rockstar has been going over the past decade. Get over it.

And trust me, I can make fun of trans just fine lol.
What direction exactly? You cant even answer lmao

Top Bottom