• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto 6--As a gaming community is it possible that we may have collectively moved on?

What direction exactly? You cant even answer lmao
Prioritizing GTAO over sequels and changing their writing and humor style as to not offend people.

We've already covered this.

Do you need the last word so bad you're going to just ask questions I already answered until I give up?

StueyDuck

I'm noticing a narrative of fud and wanting gta6 to fail on here lately 🤣

You gotta be crazy to think it's not gonna murder in sales, crazier than thinking spiderman wouldn't sell 🤣

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Looks legit, like not the final trailer but a work in progress. The only thing is... are these real life cars? No way car manufacturers would agree to license their brand in a GTA game, right?
GTA5 has sold 180 million copies and should break 200 million by the end of the year. It is defying convention and anyone who puts any product in that game is getting literally billions of hours of marketing.

Majormaxxx

With the overwhelming and sustained success of GTA 5--how much better can GTA 6 be? Will it hit as hard despite the timeframe? GTA 5 was announced in 2011 and released in 2013 it's now 2023 and the game is still a year away . Are we even the same community from the past. I am not saying that the game will bomb or anything but is there a chance that it might not be as big as it once was and if it's not would be the reason be that fact they they sat on game too long?
I think I'll play it for sure, unless it has completely abandoned its values and done a 180 towards being woke, which, alas is not an impossibility.

Majormaxxx

And what if they make fun of all the anti-woke nerds? Will people still like GTA6?
The anti woke nerds, as you call them, are a mix of people who react organically and people who monetize outrage. The woke, however, are organized and backed by the likes of Blackrock. It's organized social restructuring, and for the worse.

And what if they make fun of all the anti-woke nerds? Will people still like GTA6?

As long as they also make fun of the far-left nutjobs too, it'll be great!

GTA has made its success in part by satirizing any and all groups, ideological, ethnic, cultural, or otherwise. Like any good comedy, very little should be off the table. If they only lean in one direction ideologically with their lampooning, then yeah that will ruin it for a lot of people.

And rightly so, because then it becomes propagandistic. And that's the shit that turns a lot of us gamers off from "entertainment" made in today's world.

Last edited:
You do not have any evidence of this, its hearsay by Jason schreier.
I already posted evidence and you acknowledged it multiple times. The rumors aren't just from Jason Schreier.

You're just a troll lol. Shouldn't have waited this long to add you to ignore.

Last edited:
who knows, it could be really good.
ill give it a fair shake when it launches.

just because gta5 felt generic and tired doesnt mean gta6 will be.

MMaRsu

Banned
R* edits out a few trans jokes

"Oh no game will be woke trash now"

Fucking lmao

Last edited:
Make no mistake, it's going to be huge. And it's going to make ludicrous amounts of money for Rockstar Games. They've almost certainly made massive improvements to GTA6 Online and it will be even more addictive, the player base will lap it up and beg for more. Far from moving on, it will be bigger than ever and we won't see GTA7 for another 10 years after GTA6 releases, minimum.

Last edited:

Tsaki

With the overwhelming and sustained success of GTA 5--how much better can GTA 6 be? Will it hit as hard despite the timeframe? GTA 5 was announced in 2011 and released in 2013 it's now 2023 and the game is still a year away . Are we even the same community from the past. I am not saying that the game will bomb or anything but is there a chance that it might not be as big as it once was and if it's not would be the reason be that fact they they sat on game too long?
The game will sell 20 million copies in the first 2 weeks. Everyone will be talking about it and the publishers that are smart will move their games out of the month of its release. It will be the biggest entertainment release of the 2020s, and I say that as someone that grew indifferent and stopped playing 5s campaign midway through.

It's insane that R* is now releasing 1 game per generation. PS3 generation was their largest output if I recall.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Here’s a reality, GTA 7, 8 9 and a hundred plus more are in the works and that’s a good thing for gamers.

Johnny2Bad

There is alot of unexplored crime

We Dont create and sell drugs
We cant rape women (or man If thats your thing)
We cant make a slow and painfull torture
We cant shoot childrens in their face (or damage any children, because there are non)
Cant commit school shooting
Cant kidnap people, dismember them, and send them to their family If they Dont pay
Cant force women to use their anus and vagina, and use them to pass drugs
Cant kidnap women and have our own sexual traffiking network
Cant kidnap childrens and do the same but for pedo reasons

Thats a few examples
Clint Eastwood Coffee GIF

Top Bottom