• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grade the Microsoft Conference

Grade the Microsoft conference

• A

Votes: 266 24.1%
  • B

Votes: 373 33.8%
  • C

Votes: 336 30.5%
  • D

Votes: 128 11.6%

• Total voters

Metnut

Looks like nothing that I’m really interested is coming from Microsoft for at least 18 months (if not longer).

I’ll tune in next year to E3 and see if any of these games are anywhere near close yet. For now, I don’t see a reason to jump into the Microsoft ecosystem. Everything I want will be available for PS5 and/or Switch.

Starfield does look promising though. Hopefully it comes out at some point.

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
I think a 7 for me personally.

I liked the game with the family and the dog escaping/ leaving their home, can't recall the name Dammit. But i liked the art.

That silly animal fighting Riverdance made me laugh.

Flight sim, i am not a fan of the game, its not my cup of tea but it did look super good in terms of visuals.

To many shooters for me, was great to see diablo 2 res but i am getting that on ps4.

Halo was hoping for some single-player, did not really like the space scene at all, Mp looked good for fans.

I was extremely disappointed with Stalker, i thought the actual video they used was extremely poor, too dark, the whole camp scene and i could not even see half the enemies he was shooting at in the warehouse setting aghh. the end scene with the lightning looked good but yer, a let down to me for what it was.

Last edited:

reinking

Gold Member
100% a B or 8/10.

Anyone saying otherwise has a motive.
..but I am mainly a PS fan? I guess my expectations were in check. I thought they had one of their better shows in recent memory. T
To the end of 2021 they will have launched Gears Tactics, Flight Sim, Psychonauts 2, Forza Horizon 5 and Halo Infinite.
Um... ..that is 5 games. Almost one every two months. I get that things have been dry and frankly as an Xbox owner I am pissed that I have hardly powered it on. Maybe that is why I am giving them too much credit now. I am starting to see the light at the end of the dark empty tunnel.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I don't know how to rate it, but pretty much every game which was shown I want to play and basically they show Atomic Heart, STALKER 2 and FH5, that's pretty much my next-gen bucket list so far. I am happy. Best conference from MS in long time. I guess C in presentation, A in games from me.
The Last Night Replaced was amazing. Fuck era.

Gonna have it to give it a C.
I was confused, it looked like a Last Night, so the game is still living? If so, fuck yeah. But why `Replaced`?

Codes 208

It was painfully average. Halo infinite actually looks pretty decent this time around and I’m excited for multiplayer but overall nothing really caught my interest.

Desless1

It's all about setting expectations. Some gamers just dont know how to do just that.

Solid A in compare to other shows this year (low bar), and probably the best MS conference in ages.
We knew lots of the games OP wanted were not to be shown, this is the way.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
B just because you need something megaton to get an A.

It was solid all around but no megaton moments and Redfall just didn't hit as a mic drop moment imo.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
depends on if I'm grading on a curve or not?

compared to their last several E3s this would be a B, otherwise I'd say a C
You grade on a curve relative to other students/competition. lol otherwise a C student would start getting As.
I don't know how to rate it, but pretty much every game which was shown I want to play and basically they show Atomic Heart, STALKER 2 and FH5, that's pretty much my next-gen bucket list so far. I am happy. Best conference from MS in long time. I guess C in presentation, A in games from me.

I was confused, it looked like a Last Night, so the game is still living? If so, fuck yeah. But why `Replaced`?
I am not sure tbh. I am assuming they changed the name because the IP is poisoned. Replaced just seems like a tongue in cheek title to say 'hey look, we are replacing the name of our game that got cancelled 5 years ago'

DeaDPo0L84

It wasn't terrible but like I told my friend I am left with being most excited about Forza Horizon and being excited about shit that is months or years away which is mirroring how I've been left feeling after their conferences in the past.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
No Hellblade. No Perfect Dark. No Killer Instinct. No Gears.

Disappointed Kevin Sorbo GIF

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Forza Horizon 5 looks amazing. Other than that I don’t really care about a bunch of cgi trailers. It’s remarkable how long they have been doing this and have so little to show for all their studios. Why the fuck are we still showing trailers for fallout 76, ESO, and Sea of Thieves?

The Shepard

Forza horizon 5
Flight simulatior

Both look fantastic.. but as a series x and a ps5 owner I just don't see much competing with sonys first party output. There's no god of war, horizon, ghost of tsuhima, last of us, uncharted, Days gone, nioh 2 or bloodborne killer in there and Bethesda just like bioware have long since had there best days unfortunately.

There's lots of gamepass editions I'm interested in like back 4 blood, hades, plauge tale 2, halo infinite, forza h5, Flight sim.

Gamepass saves the day somewhat. C

A grade of "C", a "D"? Come on folks.

Personally, Forza was not something I was too excited about but that demo really pulled me in. Plus Halo campaign graphics, Top Gun, Starfield in 2022, SomerVille, Grounded. My brain still thinks "I gotta buy that game" but no, I don't. Its included with GamePAss. My grade would be a A-. Also, gotta love The Outer World's 2 trailer humour. Patented Obsidian Entertainment.

Stuart360

5/10

Would have been a 6/10 if they didn't end with that travesty Redfall

I can't believe Arkane has been reduced to trash like that and Deathloop. Shows how much of a lie #SavePlayer1 was
I'm pretty sure both those games were in development before Microsoft bought them, if thats what you are trying to suggest.

Vasto

I gave it a D only because that is the lowest score the OP has. Its really a F because it failed.

It did nothing for me at all. Forza looked amazing and so did Stalker II but that was about it. Halo Infinite multiplayer looks good but I wanted to see what the single player looks like now with the updated graphics. Everything else they showed was stuff I already knew about or just dont care about. Nobody wants to see these Apple Arcade Indies and enough with the CGI. At this point the only thing I care about is seeing actual gameplay from these new Xbox studio games like Avowed, Fable, Everwild, Pefect Dark, Hellblade 2 and State Of Decay 3 and we did not get anything? 10 seconds of gameplay cuts ending with a coming soon would be enough for me. I am done giving out passes, this show was a joke.

Last edited:

Markio128

C, which may sound harsh, but the show neither met my expectations, or exceeded them. B would have met my expectations and A would have exceeded them. Forza Horizon 5 was easily the best new game shown. Halo looked the same as last year, Starfield barely showed anything worth a discussion, a couple of indie games looked okay, but nothing more than standard Gamepass fodder really.

I'm pretty sure both those games were in development before Microsoft bought them, if thats what you are trying to suggest.

Oh I know

I'm calling out Bethesda SavePlayer1 message they made years ago after all their games kept flopping

I blame MS for showing CG, but not the games themselves at this stage

Last edited:

BoxFresh123

Decent. Forza as expected looks amazing. I thought Starfield was rather underwhelming but we'll get a big blowout next year.

Good but far from what I thought and expected we'd see TBH

GhostOfTsu

Banned
The usual GP fodder (Beth old catalogue) and the rumors were once again all fake. Fanboys and Grubb tried to create fake hype because they knew there was no megaton at all.

I'm happy about Horizon 5 and I'll try Yakuza later on GP. Halo Infinite is just there. It will probably be delayed. Psychonauts 2 I think I was a backer so I was getting it anyway on Playstation? I'll check my emails.

And Slimy was saying MS were going to save the industry because Sony is MIA lol. Go hide.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
The pace was good, but a lot of shooters and nothing unique.

And a shitton of timed exclusives, What people always seem to accuse sony of.

ZehDon

Gold Member
8/10 or a B+.

Leagues better than last year. Lots of awesome games, and virtually every one I'm interested in is coming to Gamepass. And that FS and FH5 one-two punch is the graphical showcase Xbox needed; hot damn.

Fake

C, besides the Forza gameplay what I saw was a bunch of CGI trailers. Nothing agaisnt Halo, but I don't like Halo.

I was expecting Fable gameplay.

Top Bottom