• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War Ragnarok's Thor Is The Peak Of Male Performance, Powerlifting Champion Says

lachesis

I kinda want to cover up the belly though - it looks like the weather is freezing, but he's wearing Beijing bikini for some reason...

GeorgPrime

Banned
GrX1MNy.jpg

Dont post it in Resetera. You gonna get banned lol

Melfice7

People do realize that all this talk about body shape and what is and isn't "realistic" for a strong character to look like is literally irrelevant in a world of Gods with magical superpowes, right?.

P5O1p8.gif

"No but you see, Kratos should at least have had a beer belly and thicker arms to realistically push back the fucking mountain sized finger of Cronos"

i was actually pretty disappointed with how scaled down the new gow was compared to 3

kiphalfton

A unit of goo. Why does Kratos have pecs? Eddie Hall at his fattest and strongest had shape to his teddies. They went too far the other way. There can be some thickness to the chest without making it striated.

Maybe he looks like he has some muscle when that armor comes off but come on, the world's strongest men look like they lift even when 35% fat, not like your average American like this dude. They took it too far and I think it's to cause some controversy.
QubVEuv.jpg

This is a unit.

It's like the picture below of Lee Priest, when he's bulking up. Looks fat, but still has visible muscle and looks big.

The Thor design in Ragnarok reminds me of your average run-of-the-mill dude with fatceps. It's a downright awful design. But hey, I guess a super underdeveloped chest and huge gut qualifies as some type of strong man type physique.

leepriestinterviewpics1dbig.jpg

Business

Basically two guys with this belly/body type built my house. I can tell you these guys were insanely strong beasts.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Weightlifting is not peak performance or at least the peak performance you need in a long battle, they don't fight against anyone and if they would fight they would gas very fast trying to catch a more nimble opponent.

Someone like cyryl gane is top male performance, the guy can fight for his life for 25 min while being big, strong, athletic and technical.

You can bet that a real thor would vastly prefer the body and stamina of a cyryl gane over any weightlifter to fight against a real kratos, and this come from a fucking bodybuilder nuts...

This si cyryl btw

aAvOIH7v_400x400.jpg

I think it's better if they stick with being faithful to the north mithology instead of this stupid shit.

And before someone says something like "thor is a god, not a normal human, he doesn't have stamina problems", well this is bullshit, he probably doesn't have problems with simple humans, but against giants, mithycal creatures or something like kratos when the strenght levels are similar, the one with better physical conditions\stamina\technique wins.

I think that nobody with a functional brain could think that a weighlifter body is more suited for battle compared to a fighter body that literally fight for living, it is not a push a rock contest...

I think fat thor can work, he is funny looking in contrast with the orchish voice of ryan hurst, but i need to see him in action to deliberate.

Oh and before you ask, i don't give a flying fuck about marvel or their thor version.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
Well more weight indeed means more strength.
There is a reason why it is not fair to put a 100kg guy to fight a 70kg guy in boxe.

The punches from a 100kg are several times stronger than a 70kg guy… plus the 100kg guy endurance and resistance are way superior.

In the opposite sense the 70kg guy is more agile and have more speed than 100kg guy.
It's literally the opposite lol.
Heavyweight gassing faster than lighter weights is like a non-written rule of fighting.

The guy i posted is a white fly since majority of heavyweight or light heavyweight gas around round 1-2 of a 5 round fight.

More weight to move, more muscles to oxigenate, far less stamina unless you are cain velasquez or some other freak of nature, and even the freaks have less stamina than a lightweight\featherweight.

Last edited:

Md Ray

Well more weight indeed means more strength.
There is a reason why it is not fair to put a 100kg guy to fight a 70kg guy in boxe.

The punches from a 100kg are several times stronger than a 70kg guy… plus the 100kg guy endurance and resistance are way superior.

In the opposite sense the 70kg guy is more agile and have more speed than 100kg guy.
sean-murray-head-explode.gif

Kimahri

Banned
Lets be honest here Santa Monica just tries to be special here. Thor already has a presentation in modern times. Could have used that. But instead they needed there little time on twitter.
You mean Marvel Thor? Ugh, fuck no, hate that bastardization. Worst rendition of Thor I've ever seen.

This Thor is close to perfect. Give him a tunic and he's right there. Vare belly is a bit silly.

A unit of goo. Why does Kratos have pecs? Eddie Hall at his fattest and strongest had shape to his teddies. They went too far the other way. There can be some thickness to the chest without making it striated.

Maybe he looks like he has some muscle when that armor comes off but come on, the world's strongest men look like they lift even when 35% fat, not like your average American like this dude. They took it too far and I think it's to cause some controversy.
QubVEuv.jpg

This is a unit.
What? No there have been plenty of much fatter strongman than Eddie or Thor that have been successful. Google Glenn Ross, Jeff Lewis, Shane Hamman, Hossein rezazadeh.

Although saying he has the body for peak performance irks me. Peak Performance is highly subjective depending on what your attempting.

kuncol02

Banned
Nah, he'd have some pecs if he were muscular. He just looks like a fat dude with a flat chest. Give him some muscle shape of some sort. Also, Mariusz Pudzianowski has won World's Strongest man or came close many times and he is ripped.
2yILd8F.jpg
Pudzianowski won five World's Strongest Man titles, the most in history.
That would be all about this Thor being "peak of male performance".

QubVEuv.jpg

This is a unit.
What? No there have been plenty of much fatter strongman than Eddie or Thor that have been successful. Google Glenn Ross, Jeff Lewis, Shane Hamman, Hossein rezazadeh.

Although saying he has the body for peak performance irks me. Peak Performance is highly subjective depending on what your attempting.

Pudzianowski won five World's Strongest Man titles, the most in history.
That would be all about this Thor being "peak of male performance".
Yeah and he won 3 of those in a watered down era. All the best Strongman were competing in a different fed. Big Z would have likely won 6 to 8 had he been competing in WSM

Pudzianowski was good at the time I think he would get blown away now does he have any records that still stand? I don't think so

Nah, he'd have some pecs if he were muscular. He just looks like a fat dude with a flat chest. Give him some muscle shape of some sort. Also, Mariusz Pudzianowski has won World's Strongest man or came close many times and he is ripped.
2yILd8F.jpg

Mariusz is an exception in the sport; Almost all other competitors look much closer to Thor, if not identical, than to Mariusz. Stop crying that your virtual hero is not fap worthy, you little bitch! 😏😗

I think he looks like a great interpretation of Thor. What did people want? A Chris Hemsworth look-alike? That would be terrible. Plus when did Marvel have the final say on what the Viking Gods should look like...?

Three

Gold Member
Everyone up in arms about fat thor even though it's likely to be accurate but nobody annoyed that Marvel made him blonde, even though he was without a shadow of a doubt a red head, because nobody liked gingers. Poor gingers.

Last edited:

ZywyPL

Banned
This was God of War 3 Hercules

gi9Epnv.jpg

A totally boring and safe design and he had no personality

Im glad they are doing something interesting with Thor. These larger than life mythological names take a lot to get right and make interesting beyond our expectations

it was safe and boring indeed, but at the same time, there was this badass motherfucker:

maxresdefault.jpg

So a character doesn't necessarily has to be either super fit or super chubby, it is possible to find a good, balanced middle ground, while Thor looks like he won't be able to take a breath after just 2-3 swings of his hammer...

Last edited:

Whitecrow

Banned
Why every day those devs look like saying something problematic? Is this Twitter target?
Here on Neogaf, home of the antiwoke, hence the smartest, we are all entitled to shit on any opinion different than ours, because we are clearly superior to anyone else.

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

Thor looks fine. As long as he’s not short.

but sorry powerlifters arent the peak male performance. Maybe weight lifting wise.
They are mostly terrible at other sports including combat sports While a male gymnast do better overall in other sports

I don't mind a bulky look for Thor, because most badass vikings look like strongmen or powerlifters.

With that being said, this version of Thor looks a bit too human and not Godly enough if that makes any sense.

But I'm 100% sure he'll be an epic opponent

Last edited:

DavidGzz

Peak performance will always vary depending on the activity. Fedor was amazing at fighting but would be terrible at strongman or cycling. Usain Bolt would suck at distance running. So there is no set peak performance. Decathletes would be the closest thing but they would also suck at many activities.

BlackM1st

Banned
Thor looks amazing.

You guys don't understand the mentality of rich and powerful.

Guy is filthy rich(probably lol) and has an unlimited power. Unlike Kratos he was born like this and never had to prove anything to anyone.

Guy doesn't give a F about anything and it shows.

Look how some ultra rich people look nowadays. And I'm not saying instagram models. I'm saying some proper billionaires. Guys can't be bothered to get a proper haircut and wear some 10$ Tshirt with a 500k watches.

They doesn't have to prove their worth to anyone 🤑

P.S. still not gonna buy Xgen GoW or Xgen Horizon. Shame.

Thor would be a little less ridiculous looking without the saggy Ts tattooed on his chest, or that completely ridiculous armor. I don't think too many people care about a bulky viking.

I guess we'll see how he looks in motion. Are you guys ready for jiggle physics?

Top Bottom