• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War Ragnarok's Thor Is The Peak Of Male Performance, Powerlifting Champion Says

so if Thor is the perfect shape for the game why is Kratos so muscular then?
spartans-pottery-picture.jpg

HTK

Banned
Another scenario of we want creative freedom for artist to express themselves however that may be, however if it doesn't fit what I want get the pitchforks out.

Thor design in GoW: R is fine and I really don't understand why it's become a big point of contention.

MastaKiiLA

People will bitch just for the sake of it. Thor looks fine. We even got a dose of fat, dad-bod Thor in Endgame. Thor was still quite potent, even with all the lard. I think it's more important how they use him, not what he looks like.

Killer8

The problem with the design isn't the body, it's the juxtaposition of the body with his face. He doesn't look like a masculine power-lifter, he looks like a manchild who'd collect the ancient Nordic equivalent of Funko Pops.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
The problem with the design isn't the body, it's the juxtaposition of the body with his face. He doesn't look like a masculine power-lifter, he looks like a manchild who'd collect the ancient Nordic equivalent of Funko Pops.
If you some of the interview, that’s actually what they were going for with that design.

It's their take on it, and imo it's fine, but hooboy is that NOT prime fighting shape. It's a good thing he can one shot you with his hammer because anything over 3 swings and he'll be taking a nap. I wonder if when he sweats it tastes like mead.

MiguelItUp

Gold Member
Those shoes....
GaFQoRa.jpg
I'm surprised he's not doing it in high-tops. It's not uncommon seeing folks dead lift or squat in high-top Vans or Converse for that ankle support.

Man, I love how many people got so huffy about this. It's much more realistic than a chiseled dude with washboard abs. I'm down with strong AF grizzly Adams looking Thor.

Barakov

I'm surprised he's not doing it in high-tops. It's not uncommon seeing folks dead lift or squat in high-top Vans or Converse for that ankle support.

Man, I love how many people got so huffy about this. It's much more realistic than a chiseled dude with washboard abs. I'm down with strong AF grizzly Adams looking Thor.
lVfH8qU.gif

Pejo

But strongmen are historically not great fighters. It's a different skillset and different muscles being utilized. Not that a Thor-sized fella wouldn't do well in most fights, especially against average dudes, but as a god of war probably not the physique he would shoot for.

Justin9mm

Nah, he'd have some pecs if he were muscular. He just looks like a fat dude with a flat chest. Give him some muscle shape of some sort. Also, Mariusz Pudzianowski has won World's Strongest man or came close many times and he is ripped.
2yILd8F.jpg
As a weightlifter myself who's body is no slouch, I can tell you that if he is not now, at some point in his life, there was steroids used to get that body. There is no steroids in Norse Mythology so GTFO with that BS.

Last edited:

DavidGzz

As a weightlifter myself who's body is no slouch, I can tell you that if he is not now, at some point in his life, there was steroids used to get that body. There is no steroids in Norse Mythology so GTFO with that BS.

Yeah, and Kratos looks natural? It's a fucking video game. All strongmen are on steroids, you think it's natural to deadlift 1k pounds? Again, there is a vast difference between Eddie and Thors couch potato body. They could have gone with something in the middle, but they went full potato.

Last edited:

noqtic

The design is not what I expected at all, but it doesn't bother me I'm actually happy they didn't go the Marvel route with it.

He looks like a mountain and that will go a long way in making him feel like an intimidating threat.

Justin9mm

Yeah, and Kratos looks natural? It's a fucking video game. All strongmen are on steroids, you think it's natural to deadlift 1k pounds? Again, there is a vast difference between Eddie and Thors couch potato body. They could have gone with something in the middle, but they went full potato.
They are Gods, Kratos good have different genetics, doesn't eat the shit that Thor does whatever lol.

But I agree with you, they could have gone in the middle but they didn't. I understand Kratos is ripped but everyone walking around with his body is more unbelievable to me. Kratos is the main character, he should be unique and special in his physique.

At least Thor is not short and stubby in this, he's tall as fuck. I'd rather just think he is a slob when it comes to food. Maybe someone should photoshop his hammer and replace it with a chicken drumstick :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Gamerguy84

Yep. In the gym 4 days a week and see them all the time. Power lifters look like this and are the strongest guys there.

There are so many guys these days on something but they aren't even trying to be competitive in lifting or anything besides getting laid.

Polelock

The Gods were gluttonous and just did literally whatever they wanted to do, too excess. Thats why Thor is as thicc as he is. Kratos does not indulge in food and drink in such a way. If you were essentially immortal, and could eat, fuck and whatever else you wanted to do, all while being able to lift the fucking world snake, you would. It makes perfect sense to me why he looks the way he does. Symbolic of everything awful about the Gods.

Last edited:

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
fat-man-overweigh-portrait-lazy-enjoying-fresh-beer-junk-food-red-couch-watching-tv-isolated-79142642.jpg

I wasn’t aware being strong is so easy. You just have to eat junk food and soft drink everyday

Top Bottom