• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

G4 experiencing massive layoffs

Pejo

Hiring Amouranth to play in a ball pit in a bikini after Frosk's rant was pretty funny though. I hope they become even more desperate.
Yea it's like "What's wrong with you gamers, why do you objectify women?"

XOzYE.gif

olivia-munn-munn.gif

olivia-munn-attack-of-the-show.gif

FatherlyUnfinishedAndeancockoftherock-max-1mb.gif

SrL3W.gif

YhFt97.gif

I too like to throw rocks from my glass house.

For what it's worth, I see nothing wrong with this type of "content" as long as everybody involved was on board. Hell, I used to love to see what Munn was going to do next, she's hella hot.

Drake

Of course they are. It could have potentially been big if they started when YouTube was still developing as a platform.

Young people weren't around for G4, that shit was like Tomb Raider 1 era. They joined the YT game way too late and then blew up the community a few months in.

Sessler is also unhinged and I don't want to give clicks to anything he's associated with.

He used to be great too. IDK what happened to him.

fart town usa

Gold Member

XOzYE.gif

olivia-munn-munn.gif

SrL3W.gif

YhFt97.gif

For what it's worth, I see nothing wrong with this type of "content" as long as everybody involved was on board. Hell, I used to love to see what Munn was going to do next, she's hella hot.
People forgot that things can be fun when everyone is in on the joke.
upset a christmas story GIF

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

XOzYE.gif

olivia-munn-munn.gif

SrL3W.gif

YhFt97.gif

Easy to criticize the audience. Hard to criticize the corporation.

Saucy Papi

The "channel" has been absolutely terrible from the get go. So disappointing too since I used to love watching it back in the day. Guess you can't always go back home.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

XOzYE.gif

olivia-munn-munn.gif

SrL3W.gif

YhFt97.gif

No wonder Frosk doesn't like gamers wanting Olivia Munn more. Include me to the number wanting Munn. I cant believe someone is groping the bottom of her tits. And by the looks of the stunts in the GIFs she loves it.

Hey, at least gamers are honest saying Munn and the Jessica host are better looking and bangable.

As my old psychology teacher taught us, who is to say which is better? Truth or compassion? To gamers, it's truth. To Frosk she wants compassion.

CAPSOL

This is exactly what happen when you hire talentless activist instead of actual competent People, G4 was a business, their main focus should be making money, the moment Frosk start that unprovoken rant, she should be fired instead everyone cheering her

Now you have old People like sessler who i doubt could land another job in the industry, when you are 35+ your job options start to decline, New and cheaper People could bring better numbers, because you become too old to your audience

In the end G4 failed because they are incompenet, their channel was full of old People, who acted like gen z teenagers, so thats full cringe, they never got a decent screenplay, and they shit on their audience
nail + head

Twinblade

When I first though when G4tv was coming back, I thought it was going to be on TV or atleast have some kind of app..... but instead, we got a twitch/youtube podcast shows.

HAYA8U5A

XOzYE.gif

olivia-munn-munn.gif

SrL3W.gif

YhFt97.gif

Exactly. Even if Frosk had a point and didn't handle it like the unprofessional lunatic she is then it would still be complete hypocrisy to ignore that G4 was like that. When you bring something like this back your main target audience is going to be the old fans tuning in for some nostalgia so of course fans coming looking for what they used to love and not finding it are going to be unsatisfied. To twist that disappointment into some rant acting like every single G4 fan (Or for that matter she basically attacked the entire gaming community not just G4 fans) are out to get you because of your looks is just stupid. Honestly her rant is disrespectful to the old G4 girls because it basically implies their looks were all they had going for them and why people liked them more. It completely misses the fact that the shows were fun and enjoyable because the hosts were having fun, the hosts had good personalities and the hosts had charisma. Frosk is the complete opposite of this which is why most people in reality don't like her and it has nothing to do with her looks. People don't want to tune in to watch somebody be miserable about everything instead of having fun, people don't want to watch somebody that has a horrible personality and if you don't have charisma you are never going to come off well on screen. Also while somebody like Munn might have played up a bimbo act for laughs on G4 I can guarantee you she is much, much, much smarter than Frosk with a hell of a lot more business sense. Hence the career she has had post G4 while Frosk can't seem to work anywhere without people wanting her gone and disliking her.

And like you said there is nothing wrong at all with the old G4 content. I have never seen any of them complain about how they were treated and most of them seem to have fond memories of their time on G4. It would be different if that were the case but it was no Nickelodeon. They were adults that knew what they were doing and just having some fun with it like many things back then before people unhappy with their own lives started their Twitter mobs and stuff to attack other peoples enjoyment.

Personally the Candace and Underwood duo was my favorite even if it was when G4 was starting to die off.

giphy.gif

tumblr_nicwb28v3J1s0teago2_400.gif

UnfoldedRichBunny-size_restricted.gif

R.8a94e429c2e61ca9cfd9127b747d07f1

But McHammer will always be my favorite moment :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
Exactly. Even if Frosk had a point and didn't handle it like the unprofessional lunatic she is then it would still be complete hypocrisy to ignore that G4 was like that. When you bring something like this back your main target audience is going to be the old fans tuning in for some nostalgia so of course fans coming looking for what they used to love and not finding it are going to be unsatisfied. To twist that disappointment into some rant acting like every single G4 fan (Or for that matter she basically attacked the entire gaming community not just G4 fans) are out to get you because of your looks is just stupid. Honestly her rant is disrespectful to the old G4 girls because it basically implies their looks were all they had going for them and why people liked them more. It completely misses the fact that the shows were fun and enjoyable because the hosts were having fun, the hosts had good personalities and the hosts had charisma. Frosk is the complete opposite of this which is why most people in reality don't like her and it has nothing to do with her looks. People don't want to tune in to watch somebody be miserable about everything instead of having fun, people don't want to watch somebody that has a horrible personality and if you don't have charisma you are never going to come off well on screen. Also while somebody like Munn might have played up a bimbo act for laughs on G4 I can guarantee you she is much, much, much smarter than Frosk with a hell of a lot more business sense. Hence the career she has had post G4 while Frosk can't seem to work anywhere without people wanting her gone and disliking her.

And like you said there is nothing wrong at all with the old G4 content. I have never seen any of them complain about how they were treated and most of them seem to have fond memories of their time on G4. It would be different if that were the case but it was no Nickelodeon. They were adults that knew what they were doing and just having some fun with it like many things back then before people unhappy with their own lives started their Twitter mobs and stuff to attack other peoples enjoyment.

Personally the Candace and Underwood duo was my favorite even if it was when G4 was starting to die off.

giphy.gif

tumblr_nicwb28v3J1s0teago2_400.gif

UnfoldedRichBunny-size_restricted.gif

R.8a94e429c2e61ca9cfd9127b747d07f1

But McHammer will always be my favorite moment :messenger_tears_of_joy:

The memories! I miss when things were simpler and people just got hyped about stuff! Those were the good days.

ReBurn

Gold Member
I'm a professional Football player. I walk towards the field. 5 people from the audience are throwing plastic bottles at me. I turn towards the audience and tell them to stop throwing plastic bottles at me. Am I now accusing the entire audience of throwing plastic bottles? Am I telling everyone to stop throwing plastic bottles at me? Of course not.
That's also a bad take, sorry. She made it about their entire audience, not about a handful of people in the comments saying those things. That's why she was panned. That's why they lost viewers.
The men most likely don't get constant comments about their appearance or how "fuckable" they are.
The male co-hosts she was speaking with and about definitely experienced harassing comments. She said as much herself in her rant. In typical narcissist fashion she was dismissive of their harassment because they are men, made it all about herself, and insisted that her harassment was due to sexism.

Her feelings of insecurity because she doesn't feel as hot as the old school hosts is an insecurity that she blamed on her viewers, but it existed before that. Her Twitter has been proof enough of that. She'd be complaining just as much if they were talking about wanting to fuck her instead of not wanting to fuck her because she consistently identifies as a victim of objectification. If it wasn't because she's a woman it would be because she's queer.

"LOL My coworkers got fucked - let's play some video games and smoke weed"

Poor taste, but I don't think she's losing any fans for being a kind of shitty person that aren't already long gone.
Even worse. You were probably the cause of them getting the axe, but hey, it's all good, because I survived

Last edited:

Wimbledon

I still dont think the show would've survived regardless of the drama or frost their so many youtubers whom are younger and have the perfect personality dark humor, edgy humor not PC that reaches the youths today, especially on the topic of gaming.

With that said frost is a tool and Fiona is a drama queen , and sessler is the man trying to re-make his glory days sad time at G4. They won't be missed.

Wimbledon

XOzYE.gif

olivia-munn-munn.gif

SrL3W.gif

YhFt97.gif

Her career really did explode after G4/attack of the show. She played the game and shes sitting pretty, i remmeber seeing her dating Aaron Rodgers she was sitting next steph curry and ayesha, then i see her in Xmen movies seriously nothing but respect for the hustle.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

This is only the second Frosk video I've ever seen (due to whatever is posted in this thread), but Frosk sure seems insecure talking about jerking off to her in hopes people love her. She does this in a joking way, but deep down means it.

For people who know her better and seen more videos, is she always this loud and attention seeking? Does she ever just do some chill podcasts or YT talking games?

Winter John

Gold Member
It's kind of incredible to me that these people have forgotten the number one rule in showbiz - sex sells. Especially as that's how they became popular in the first place.

Yeah no. I don't need to be provided with "Evidence" to believe that a woman who is also a minority and clearly doesn't try to appeal to modern beauty standards for women gets harassed by "Gamers" for her looks on the internet. She went out of her way to address it head on and she has nothing else to gain from it. I've been in this industry long enough to know how many pieces of shit "Gamers" there are.
This is the dumbest, most ignorant shit I have read in a long while. You make a claim and refuse to back it up with evidence - you continue to double, triple, and quadruple down on false claims and pushing a fake narrative While showing your ass and crying about “gamers” when, I can’t believe I have to remind you: YOU ARE ONE.

As for what she has to gain, it has been stated before numerous times. She is using it as a deflection to dismiss any real criticism by making exaggerated false claims of hate on her looks versus what people actually despise her for: her character, lack of knowledge, and general attitude.

There's a difference between getting called a slur in an online game, and being harassed frequently while you do your job. It's not even remotely the same thing.
I get insulted all day at work. It is called being an adult and growing the fuck up. This dumbass never managed to that and your sad and pathetic white knighting of her doesn’t help anyone.

What kind of ridiculous bs is that? First you accuse her of lying about being harassed, and now you're now losing it over the fact that it's "unscripted?" what difference does it make? Literally everyone else who was working there clearly approved of it. Anyone who seriously blames her for "Killing G4" because she spoke out against the harassment she's experienced doesn't know what the fuck they're talking about.
It was on a live stream, no one is suddenly going to tell her to stop less they be cancelled by the moronic dipshit cult that you seeming belong to. The only one here who has no clue what they are talking about is *you*.

So your response to "Frosk was talking about the people calling her ugly" is "no one ever called her ugly."

Sorry I'm going to believe her when she says who she's talking about and what she's addressing.
And this guy’s title is fitting. Good fucking god you ideologues‘ heads are so far up your own ass and deep in the sand that you can’t even see what reality is.

Jinzo Prime

Can you imagine the calls to cancel the execs if they did fire her?
I'll just continue to not watch the channel or at least not watch anything she's on

Yeah, they'll just cancel the whole network and blame it on "changing demographics" instead of their shitty hosts and content.

Top Bottom