• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

G4 experiencing massive layoffs

Labolas

You know, I really liked Adam back in the day, still like to hear from him. I'm just sad that he hates the industry and its fans, I can't fault him for that though, this is a fucking cesspool.
I don't know man, but Sessler just looks miserable now.

I loved watching G4 as a kid but haven't watched a single thing off their new stuff. Seems like it would've been better suited to a streaming patreon group like Easy Allies.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I miss TechTV and Leo Laporte (gone off the deep end) Martin Sargent, Morgan Webb, John Devorak, and those guys were all pretty great back in the day.

I miss TechTV and Leo Laporte (gone off the deep end) Martin Sargent, Morgan Webb, John Devorak, and those guys were all pretty great back in the day.

I am glad Morgan Webb has kept her head down adn focused on doing work. Instead of living on twitter and going fucking mental.

Sadly not even Victor Lucas has been safe from this idiotic mind virus. He used to hose Reviews on the Run/Electric Playground/Judgement Day. One of my favorite series. It went off the air and he seems to have gotten increasingly more crass, drug-focused (loves to talk about pot) and political. Why can't people just be normal?!

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I am glad Morgan Webb has kept her head down adn focused on doing work. Instead of living on twitter and going fucking mental.

Sadly not even Victor Lucas has been safe from this idiotic mind virus. He used to hose Reviews on the Run/Electric Playground/Judgement Day. One of my favorite series. It went off the air and he seems to have gotten increasingly more crass, drug-focused (loves to talk about pot) and political. Why can't people just be normal?!
Didn’t he do that show with Tommy Telrico.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I still like how even "posting Misty from Pokémon hentai, writing articles about sexual awakenings from Final Fantasy X, the Xbox has too many holes," fucking Kotaku was like

"Frosk aired her grievances over the male audience not finding her as attractive as previous hosts,"

Instead of

"MGK had a meltdown on live television over not being 'as bangable,"

If demonstrative woke victimhood coming from absolute spiritual jock Itch with a mouth had achievements, she'd be close to Sarkeesian. Quinn still emerges as the Überkunt because she has an actual fucking body count going, but definitely opposite ends of the same tier at least.

Reactions: Isa

Laieon

Used to? He still does on his youtube channel. I don't follow him outside of that, but he's just as vanilla and inoffensive as he's always been. I don't feel like his game industry opinions or reviews have really changed since his Judgement Day days, where he played the ordinary, straight guy and Tommy was the fratty, fun one.

VS

Last edited:
Used to? He still does on his youtube channel. I don't follow him outside of that, but he's just as vanilla and inoffensive as he's always been. I don't feel like his game industry opinions or reviews have really changed since his Judgement Day days, where he played the ordinary, straight guy and Tommy was the fratty, fun one.

VS

Yes, used to. Reviews on the Run used to be a massive cable channel show. Now its a youtube channel with far less production quality and far less frequent uploads. It is essentially a completely different show at this point with the same name a few of the same segments.

His issues primarily came from his podcast and social media use. If you only watched Sessler on his Rev3 and XPlay days, you wouldn't expect that he became such an awful person. Not saying Victor Lucas is even close to as bad as Sess, but he clearly has gone down the rabbit hole and came out a worse version of himself.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Reviews on the Run used to be on TV in the 90s on Saturday afternoon at random timeslots in that video game show. I used to watch it here and there when I would be lucky enough to catch it on TV because whichever channel carried them here would change the hourly timeslot all the time. I think the show even got moved to Sundays.

One of these days I'll read on Sessler. Dont follow him. But sounds like he's cringe.

Reviews on the Run used to be on TV in the 90s on Saturday afternoon at random timeslots in that video game show. I used to watch it here and there when I would be lucky enough to catch it on TV because whichever channel carried them here would change the hourly timeslot all the time. I think the show even got moved to Sundays.

One of these days I'll read on Sessler. Dont follow him. But sounds like he's cringe.

Long story short, he got hopped up on cocaine, got easily offended about everything -ist and -phobic, harassed people online for having differences of opinions, hates games, hates gamers, and only came back because he couldn't successfully have a career elsewhere.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Long story short, he got hopped up on cocaine, got easily offended about everything -ist and -phobic, harassed people online for having differences of opinions, hates games, hates gamers, and only came back because he couldn't successfully have a career elsewhere.
Never forget his meltdown when Sony wasn’t giving away free PlayStation 4s to “journalists.”

Frosk sucks and has zero business being a television host but she's not the reason G4 failed, there are just so many more places to get gaming content these days.

Humdinger

It'll be interesting to see if Sessler goes. We have that one source posted on the last page, saying he was fired, but nothing confirmed yet (afaik).

Top Bottom