• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport |OT| Step on the GaaS

skyfinch

Next Forza Monthly is Monday December 4th at 9pt.

New track will be announced as well as update 3. Not sure what track it is, but I do miss their fictional tracks.

Senua

All PC dudes, I recommend installing this mod because it really does increase clarity nicely without going over the top. Game really pops now at 4k just like Horizon 5.

https://www.nexusmods.com/forzamotorsport/mods/11

Op5rFf6.jpg

Also the GMA T.50 is such a fucking beast. Shame T10 gave it paddle shift animations though ffs.

Last edited:

skyfinch

Two time TGA winner Forza Motorsport. 😂
I love the game, but with such a fumble at launch, I'd give best racing game to Spiderman.

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
All PC dudes, I recommend installing this mod because it really does increase clarity nicely without going over the top. Game really pops now at 4k just like Horizon 5.

https://www.nexusmods.com/forzamotorsport/mods/11

Op5rFf6.jpg

Also the GMA T.50 is such a fucking beast. Shame T10 gave it paddle shift animations though ffs.
Can you get banned using mods in FM(2023) ? I just saw a mod that fixes the missing grass and trees in the pc version. They still have not fixed that or even acknowledged it since its not in the FM support well know issues page.

skyfinch

Lol, did the credit hack when the game launched and got up to 4 million credits. They took it all back when I loaded the game this morning. Moral of the story, don't cheat, stay on drugs and don't do school.

Outlier

Lol, did the credit hack when the game launched and got up to 4 million credits. They took it all back when I loaded the game this morning. Moral of the story, don't cheat, stay on drugs and don't do school.
Yep.
They also deleted all the credits I earned from normal racing.

But exploiting isn't cheating. The game was designed (maybe unintentional) to function that way, since prior games.
T10 just decided to patch the holes they left in.
Punishing players for the develops own mistakes is scummy.

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

They have fixed many things on the Mazda 787B (headlights, roasters, tow hook), and the new sound is also much much better. Also saw some improvements in RTAO and RT reflections on the car itself.

110.jpg

111.jpg

112.jpg

Forza-Motorsport-13-12-2023-0-40-53.jpg
Here is hope they work on existing car details as they are inferior to GT7.

They want this game as a Service game. sure. but enhance the graphics on the cars. I am not going to invest in a game that has less car details than a PS4 port of GT7.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Series X RT looks improved or might be a placebo I can see cars reflecting better on the rear approaching me or could have been that it was a sunny day. I notice RT reflections on bonnet in cockpit views and the windows on my car and other cars in chase cam seem better or more noticeable.
What is 100% improved is the wing mirrors now reflect as they were blank before.

Hope they have improved PC as my SS ran the game as good as my 4060 laptop.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
On PC somethings not right with the graphic settings. Turning off RT has no effect on performance and vice versa but sometimes it has had a effect.

Senua

DLSS actually works now but quality and performance basically have the exact same performance? and DLSS offers no FPS boost over native. Also DLAA at 4k looks awesome and hardly has any penalty to framerate...

This game is so fucking weird

Last edited:
Random thought after playing this morning, it's hilarious that Forza resisted doing pit animations forever, citing the complexity of the animations. But when they do debut pitting in FM2023, the tire changes that would demand unique animations for each car are hidden by objects so you don't even need the animations anyway. This solution couldn't exist in the 360 era? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

clarky

Gold Member
It's something

It's nothing.

It's shit that should have been fixed before they shipped tbh.

Really want to like this game but for every thrilling race, I have 10 terrible experiences for various reasons. Its going into the come back in another six months pile.

Last edited:

Senua

It's nothing.

It's shit that should have been fixed before they shipped tbh.

Really want to like this game but for every thrilling race, I have 10 terrible experiences for various reasons. Its going into the come back in another six months pile.
Nothing would be them ignoring criticism, which T10 have often excelled at.

They need to work on presentation and career progression above all else, the menus, pre race stuff. Basically everything while you aren't in the car is bland as fuck, like absolutely soulless. A far cry from Forza Motorsport 4 which felt like a love letter to the automobile, it was inspiring at times. Who knows if they have the right leaders to pull it off now...even post release.

They need to work on presentation and career progression above all else, the menus, pre race stuff. Basically everything while you aren't in the car is bland as fuck, like absolutely soulless. A far cry from Forza Motorsport 4 which felt like a love letter to the automobile, it was inspiring at times. Who knows if they have the right leaders to pull it off now...even post release.

Sorry to dissapoint you, they not gonna just overhaul the UI and make a new progression system and car presentation. Thats like making a completely new game. At best you will get new events and cars/tracks. They not gonna go deep dive and just remake everything, no one would do that.

Sorry to dissapoint you, they not gonna just overhaul the UI and make a new progression system and car presentation. Thats like making a completely new game. At best you will get new events and cars/tracks. They not gonna go deep dive and just remake everything, no one would do that.

I agree, but wasn't the whole point of "built from the ground up" so that they can make and deploy solutions faster? T10 is on the record saying that over and over. The game should be highly modular. It shouldn't take them a year to revise systems if their claims hold any scrutiny (which frankly, they don't).

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially

This, this 100%. How do they don't understand the importance of it? What the hell happened. Just listen to some of the music from Forza Motorsport 4. Pure emotions.

Senua

They don't have remake everything to make substancial improvements to presentation. The foundations are there, they would make big gains with just a lick of paint. The menus need less coma inducing music, brighter visuals because T10 in all their infinite wisdom chose to make the painting booth and car customisation screen background enviroment almost black so you can hardly see any detail. Even the Homespace lighting is dreary, just baffling decisions all around.

Car progression can be balanced better, it takes too long to upgrade fully and it should also apply to the model of car entirely, so not having to re-do all progression if you buy a duplicate. Career needs more open events, they are too restricted currently. SO many of the games cars are not usable in Builders Cup apart from the tiny number of PI class based races. There are no racing car events at all, it's crazy.

I don't expect them to throw it all out and make another FM4, but what they have can be tweaked into something much more engaging, it's just so obvious it makes me hard to comprehend how T10 messed up this badly. FM7s career had its problems (homologation) but this is by far their weakest career mode.

chose to make the painting booth and car customisation screen background enviroment almost black so you can hardly see any detail. Even the Homespace lighting is dreary, just baffling decisions all around.

What pisses me off about this is that they made an update to FM7 where you could have different lighting options in the paint/vinyl booths. It's not present in FM8! Shit that literally was already built is no longer in the game.

SimTourist

Even FM4 was kinda bland and soulless compared to say GT5, but there were glimpses of actual passion put into the game, which has since eroded with each new entry. It's probably the most barebones racer I've ever played, nothing about the content excites or surprises you.

xrnzaaas

So is anything being added in January or is the bare minimum of adding 1 track and (timed) events per month too much?

skyfinch

This should coincide with the release of the full Nurburgring, which I believe is set for March/April.

All these changes sound good but what I really hope they change is a way to start racing immediately. Too many button presses to enter a race. And god forbid if you need to restart a race.

Senua

No mention of RTGI on PC.
Yea I have a sad feeling that'll be something T10 just never mentions again and not enough people moan about it for them to need to bring it up. Let's hope not!
Even FM4 was kinda bland and soulless compared to say GT5
I disagree, GT5s UI was a clusterfuck, and by the time it loaded into a race i'd aged a month. FM4 nailed it with its presentation. The intro with Clarkson was fantastic, the soundtrack was top notch, transitions from race to race masterfully done for such a meat and potatos career mode, no FMV cutscenes like Toca Race Driver but it still had that proper race day feel that FM23 could only dream of having!

Even FM4 was kinda bland and soulless compared to say GT5, but there were glimpses of actual passion put into the game, which has since eroded with each new entry. It's probably the most barebones racer I've ever played, nothing about the content excites or surprises you.
I disagree, GT only managed to be great again (after GT3) with GT7. The rest of the series is completely bland compared to Forza. Always felt like Forza was a decade ahead imo. Until this latest clusterfuck.

Turk1993

Yea I have a sad feeling that'll be something T10 just never mentions again and not enough people moan about it for them to need to bring it up. Let's hope not!
Lets hope first that they stop fucking up the environments more and more after every patch on pc. This shit is getting out of hand, i really don't understand whats happening with T10. Those Mfs made top notch games in 2 years that where rock solid and filled with content. Now they get 3x more time, alot more budget and a far stronger base spec to work with and somehow they fucked it up big time.

Just look at this shit, looks like they accidentally replaced the final version of the track with a early version. And it keeps getting worse and worse every update.
forzzzz2.jpg

forzzzz1.jpg

forzzzz.jpg

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member
It's something

This is just a snide response. The game is still utterly broken on PC and after Update 3 game is not even launching for AMD users. Wheel support is still a joke. A lot of stick manual cars have invisible paddle shifters. Etc. This is hardly an alpha, let alone beta.

Good luck with GaaS support, I guess. Shame that's it's too late for me to refund.

Senua

Lets hope first that they stop fucking up the environments more and more after every patch on pc. This shit is getting out of hand, i really don't understand whats happening with T10. Those Mfs made top notch games in 2 years that where rock solid and filled with content. Now they get 3x more time, alot more budget and a far stronger base spec to work with and somehow they fucked it up big time.

Just look at this shit, looks like they accidentally replaced the final version of the track with a early version. And it keeps getting worse and worse every update.
forzzzz2.jpg

forzzzz1.jpg

forzzzz.jpg
Man what the fuck. I haven't really played recently, just popped on to drive the Valkyrie which was fun but that's just an absolute joke lol. The thing is because the game doesn't have a big PC audience so there doesn't seem to be a big uproar over this stuff. Even on the fansites if it's not the console version no one really cares

//DEVIL//

Man what the fuck. I haven't really played recently, just popped on to drive the Valkyrie which was fun but that's just an absolute joke lol. The thing is because the game doesn't have a big PC audience so there doesn't seem to be a big uproar over this stuff. Even on the fansites if it's not the console version no one really cares
maybe they saw Digital Foundry video and they removed the trees based on what the track look like in real life ?

Turk1993

Well if the game was not so buggy and unoptimized than there would be more players on the pc side.

maybe they saw Digital Foundry video and they removed the trees based on what the track look like in real life ?
Nah man, there are parts of the track literally missing entirely after patch 3. And some of the objects are placed differently and miss detail that was there before (which indicates that its a older build of the track).

Forza-Motorsport-9-01-2024-0-00-01.png

Top Bottom