• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Forbes* Xbox Series X And S Outsold Switch, PS5 In US Dollar Sales In June

Fredrik

For those interested

WW hardware sales Q1 through May

Ampere-analysis-consolas.jpg
Where are those numbers coming from?

Klik

Well maybe Sony should make more events, where the hell is Sony E3 event this year?

Not to mention cross-gen bullshit. I wanted to buy PS5 just for GT7 but now that i know it will also come on PS4 i will wait few years.

Cross gen games in 2022, fcking shame

Riky

$MSFT
I don’t know man…this goes against the prevailing narrative that nobody wants these things and they are piling up on store shelves. 😉

Seriously, congrats on the purchase. Thinking of getting one to compliment my XSX. People sure seem to love them once they use them.

It's a great complimentary piece for Series X owners as a bedroom console, get a storage card and just play on either.

Marty-McFly

Banned
There are no official world wide figures so where did they get those figures from? Could be pointless guesstimates like vgchartz
I'm not sure what their process is for tracking data but they seem to be fairly accurate. They are a market leading analytics firm so I'm sure they're a step up from VG Chartz.

Fredrik

I'm not sure what their process is for tracking data but they seem to be fairly accurate. They are a market leading analytics firm so I'm sure they're a step up from VG Chartz.
Okay, I’m just not sure how it’s possible for an outsider to track world wide numbers no matter if it’s the best analytics firm in the world. I assume it’s fragments of data from the bigger markets combined with estimates and statistics.

I guess you could look at serial numbers, maybe. It’s the quickest way at my work to get an idea of how much we’ve sold.

svbarnard

Banned
Before posting any pro Xbox articles to NeoGAF, PARTICULARLY when talking about sales, I think it is entirely appropriate to include a trigger warning upfront, OP. This is the kind of harmful content that a lot of our fellow users could really be damaged by. Do the work and be better.
LOL, you're right my bad, I hope I didn't cause anyone to have to go seek therapy over this.

svbarnard

Banned
It's quite funny how he doesn't mention that Sony has already sold 10 million consoles worldwide. Gotta cash in that check. War is already over.
Dude, Microsoft owns Bethesda, so if you're strictly a console player and you own a PS5 this means you won't get to play the next elder scrolls or the next Doom or the next fallout or starfield! I knew when Microsoft purchased Bethesda it would have an effect, and now we're starting to see that effect. I can't emphasize this enough, MICROSOFT FUCKING OWNS BETHESDA NOW!!!!!

This console generation has just barely started, so don't be surprised if Microsoft takes the lead from here on out, I'm going to say it again, MICROSOFT FUCKING OWNS BETHESDA!!!!!

Topher

Gold Member
Waiting for the "PS5 is in short supply" excuse ..

EDIT: too late

Just to elaborate its easy to get a PS5 now compared to a year ago

lol.....a year ago?

Episode 5 Reaction GIF by The Office

Dude, Microsoft owns Bethesda, so if you're strictly a console player and you own a PS5 this means you won't get to play the next elder scrolls or the next Doom or the next fallout or starfield! I knew when Microsoft purchased Bethesda it would have an effect, and now we're starting to see that effect. I can't emphasize this enough, MICROSOFT FUCKING OWNS BETHESDA NOW!!!!!

This console generation has just barely started, so don't be surprised if Microsoft takes the lead from here on out, I'm going to say it again, MICROSOFT FUCKING OWNS BETHESDA!!!!!
Chill Leopard GIF

Last edited:

svbarnard

Banned
It’s a marathon!
It’s a marathon!
Yeah, a marathon that Microsoft is poised to win now that they own Bethesda. Microsoft now has 23 first party studios https://kotaku.com/microsoft-now-has-23-first-party-studios-heres-what-th-1845135898 If you're a casual console player who only owns PS5, you won't be able to play the next elder scrolls, fallout, Doom, wolfenstein, or the new starfield.

I knew when Microsoft purchased Bethesda it was going to have an effect!

Last edited:

svbarnard

Banned
I agree. It’s all downhill from here, and Xbox has nice momentum.
MICROSOFT FUCKING OWNS BETHESDA!!!! Microsoft now has 23 first party studios under its belt! If you're a casual console player who only owns a PS5, you won't get to play the next elder scrolls, doom, fallout, wolfenstein, or the new starfield. So it totally makes sense that Microsoft is going to take the lead from here on out.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Waiting for the "PS5 is in short supply" excuse ..

EDIT: too late

Just to elaborate its easy to get a PS5 now compared to a year ago

Target shows Xbox Series S at 5 different stories within a 30 mile radius.

Last week, it was over 10. It was in stock online at BestBuy all last week. I don't know why people are in denial.

It's easier to buy PS5 now than one year ago. Will you argue with that?
I gave myself a deadline by 3rd quarter tax time If I didn't have a PS5 I would earmark the money for something else this year.
Aug 31's is the deadline. If I can't find a PS5 by then I will have to wait for Xmas time next year. :(
I've never gone this long without getting my hands on a next gen console. Sony really messed up.

svbarnard

Banned
I can hear a loud “REEEEEEEEEEEEEE” in the distance. Its sony gaf, brace yourselves.

lol but seriously im not shocked. Its not 2013 again where the ps4 was clearly much better. All these new consoles are really great and microsofts messaging has been on point
You make a good point, but in my opinion you missed the main point and it needs to be stated, MICROSOFT OWNS BETHESDA NOW! Fucking Bethesda! I mean I don't know how old you people are but I clearly remember when Skyrim came out back in 2011 and how popular that game was! I knew when Microsoft purchased Bethesda it was going to have an effect!

svbarnard

Banned
I gave myself a deadline by 3rd quarter tax time If I didn't have a PS5 I would earmark the money for something else this year.
Aug 31's is the deadline. If I can't find a PS5 by then I will have to wait for Xmas time next year. :(
I've never gone this long without getting my hands on a next gen console. Sony really messed up.
I'm very curious, do you also have a PC gaming rig? Or are you just a strict console player? If you get a PS5 how are you going to play the next elder scrolls, fallout, doom, wolfenstein, and the new starfield?

I'm very curious, do you also have a PC gaming rig?
I also wanted to upgrade my PC this year but we decided that we are spending the money on a backup generator for the house.
I've found 2 of everything this year. 2 Nintendo Switches, 2 Series X, and 2 Series S. Kept a Series X for myself. Sold a Series X to a friend. The SEries S will be gifts. Rest are gifts.
0 PS5. Fun money and Xmas money have been spent for the rest of the year.
The money that would have gone to a PS5 will go to either an automatic generator start option or running a line to the garage for extra outlets.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
I'm very curious, do you also have a PC gaming rig? Or are you just a strict console player? If you get a PS5 how are you going to play the next elder scrolls, fallout, doom, wolfenstein, and the new starfield?
Don’t for get all those games will be Day 1 on Gamepass, that’s absurd…..

… almost as absurd as a service that offers access to over 100 high-quality games, all the benefits of Xbox Live Gold, and an @EAPlay membership for one low monthly price.

Lol yeah we haven’t heard a peep out of MS since the Steam Deck announcement, makes you wonder what they’re thinking about it. On the one hand they could freeload and get Xbox into a portable state through Steam Deck. On the other hand Valve is trying to strengthen Steam outside of Windows.
This is as crazy as expecting MS to make windows versions of the steam machine when it was unveiled. I dont think you guys understand how this market works if you think the steam deck is worthy of a reactionary response from MS. The same MS that ignored the PSP and Vita(when it launched).

Topher

Gold Member
It's easier to buy PS5 now than one year ago. Will you argue with that?

One year ago, PS5 wasn't for sale. If you mean easier than to buy compared to launch then obviously. That is the case for both PlayStation and Xbox consoles.

You make a good point, but in my opinion you missed the main point and it needs to be stated, MICROSOFT OWNS BETHESDA NOW! Fucking Bethesda! I mean I don't know how old you people are but I clearly remember when Skyrim came out back in 2011 and how popular that game was! I knew when Microsoft purchased Bethesda it was going to have an effect!

Why are you attributing any of this to Bethesda when they haven't even released a game yet?

Last edited:

Outrunner

MICROSOFT FUCKING OWNS BETHESDA!!!! Microsoft now has 23 first party studios under its belt! If you're a casual console player who only owns a PS5, you won't get to play the next elder scrolls, doom, fallout, wolfenstein, or the new starfield. So it totally makes sense that Microsoft is going to take the lead from here on out.

Casual players don't give a shit about those games.

Don’t for get all those games will be Day 1 on Gamepass, that’s absurd…..

… almost as absurd as a service that offers access to over 100 high-quality games, all the benefits of Xbox Live Gold, and an @EAPlay membership for one low monthly price.

this reads like an ad.

Last edited:

svbarnard

Banned
Casual players don't give a shit about those games.

this reads like an ad.
I would bet you money that millions of casual console players played Elder Scrolls: Skyrim when it came out back in 2011, I remember how popular that game was at the time it was huge!!!!!!

kuncol02

Banned
One year ago, PS5 wasn't for sale. If you mean easier than to buy compared to launch then obviously. That is the case for both PlayStation and Xbox consoles.
I mean easier than year ago. Because then that was literally impossible.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Xbox picking up steam. Gamers realizing it's got the games and gamepass. Next gen gamers are itching to buy a new console and realize Xbox systems also have optional Seagate card to boot. So for more storage needed, the option is there. Sony still got no SSD approved expansions yet.

I've never seen a Series system or PS5 on shelf in Canada.

Gamers realizing or is it because there's more in stock?

If I could drive 12 miles and buy an Xbox Series S, then that tells you it's a stock issue.

Amory

People are just buying any next-gen system available right? If there's more stock being released for XSX/S than PS5 (and considering it's 2 different systems it makes sense that there would be), then Xbox is going to have a sales lead

Doesn't necessarily mean that people wouldn't prefer a PS5 if they had a choice. I'm waiting for a PS5 but if I saw an XSX sitting on a shelf I'd buy it.

Outrunner

I would bet you money that millions of casual console players played Elder Scrolls: Skyrim when it came out back in 2011, I remember how popular that game was at the time it was huge!!!!!!

Because it was available on their platform, but those people won't go out and buy a console to play TES.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

If I could drive 12 miles and buy an Xbox Series S, then that tells you it's a stock issue.

And as Kagey K said above somewhere, stockboys could had put that up that morning. Nobody knows. That shelf of 30 Series S boxes could had been sitting there since November or could had been sitting there only since they opened the doors at 9 am.

But way to cherry pick pictures.

Here's a pic I found about PS5. Looks like nobody wants to buy PS5's in Turkey. Dead brand.

See? I can create false narratives too.

PS5-in-stock-they-are-available-at-Istanbul-Airport-1536x864.jpg

John lives in Europe so you aren't making any point by showing that XSS doesn't sell as well in Europe. I did see lots of XSS stock at Target and Best Buy near me last week. There are 2 left now and I doubt they will make it through the week. The XSS doesn't sell out immediately but it does sell out and has been in America for quite a while now. This is the benefit of making a cheaper to produce console. It is easier to get product into customers hands.

KungFucius

King Snowflake

"If you thought Xbox was having a pretty good June in the wake of their promising E3 conference, well, that was reflected in how many people ran out to buy an Xbox shortly after.

NPD is reporting that Xbox is breaking its own records and besting its competition. In June, the Xbox Series X and S combined to outsell both the Nintendo Switch and Sony’s PS5 in terms of dollar sales. Dollar sales being how much actual cash they brought in, while unit sales are total units moved (Switch still won in unit sales)."

It would seem the transaction of purchasing Bethesda is starting to pay off for Microsoft.
Or they just managed to ship more in the US because Sony shipped more to Europe and Asia.

I can't believe any non fanboy would jump to the conclusion that the purchase of Bethesda is driving console sales when they are all supply limited. That might be worth speculating as a reason for increased XSX on Xbone sales in a few years, but now? Yikes.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
And as Kagey K said above somewhere, stockboys could had put that up that morning. Nobody knows. That shelf of 30 Series S boxes could had been sitting there since November or could had been sitting there only since they opened the doors at 9 am.

But way to cherry pick pictures.

Here's a pic I found about PS5. Looks like nobody wants to buy PS5's in Turkey. Dead brand.

See? I can create false narratives too.

PS5-in-stock-they-are-available-at-Istanbul-Airport-1536x864.jpg
John lives in Europe so you aren't making any point by showing that XSS doesn't sell as well in Europe. I did see lots of XSS stock at Target and Best Buy near me last week. There are 2 left now and I doubt they will make it through the week. The XSS doesn't sell out immediately but it does sell out and has been in America for quite a while now. This is the benefit of making a cheaper to produce console. It is easier to get product into customers hands.

The denial is strong. :messenger_grinning_smiling:

No one is creating a false narrative but you guys. I just told you that I could walk into a store and buy an Xbox Series S, which proves it's a stock related issue.

Vw39HN3.png

It has been proven several times that there are more consoles in stock in comparison to the PlayStation 5 console.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Bestbuy and Newegg have Xbox Series S in-stock online , but people in this thread are trying to tell me I'm painting false narratives. lol

Really can't deny facts. I'm sure there's a good chance that Xbox is going to win the next NPD, too because they have more units in-stock.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
The denial is strong. :messenger_grinning_smiling:

No one is creating a false narrative but you guys. I just told you that I could walk into a store and buy an Xbox Series S, which proves it's a stock related issue.

Vw39HN3.png

It has been proven several times that there are more consoles in stock in comparison to the PlayStation 5 console.
If MS wants to supply more consoles good on them. Maybe Sony should make ore PS5s.

Maybe there's Series S models still around because the people in your area are broke.

I just checked Walmart and Best Buy Canada and it says their store stock is zero.

I guess we have more money then you.

But keep on going with Store Out of Stock console list wars Dforce!

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
If MS wants to supply more consoles good on them. Maybe Sony should make ore PS5s.

Maybe there's Series S models still around because the people in your area are broke.

I just checked Walmart and Best Buy Canada and it says their store stock is zero.

I guess we have more money then you.

You can order it online right now in the US

And now you're using a money excuse. You're just better off admitting that there is far more units in stock.

Top Bottom