• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of the Shire - Official Announcement Trailer | PS5, Xbox Series X|S, Switch, and PC

This looks wonderful.

Excited Futurama GIF by Comedy Central

It's sad how Tolkien's IP is being whored out.

Rings of Power, then Gollum, now this.

Honestly, I'd have Ubisoft give open world Middle Earth a go.

It'd be infinitely more exciting than whatever this is or the next Assassin's Creed we're going to get.

Last edited:

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
At first I thought that this might be interesting until I saw the trailer. And this is coming from somebody who actually kind of likes the Gollun game.

Cyberpunkd

Apart from questionable aesthetics and the fact this will run like ass on Switch - same with Gollum game, who thought this was a good idea?

Not playing as Aragorn, not another hack & slash game in the vein of PS2 games. No, what the world needs is Hobbit farming simulator?

stickkidsam

I’m reluctant to put faith into any new projects based on Tolkien. It’s frustrating to see something used as cosplay more often than it is lovingly adapted. Despite that, this certainly has some charm…

0RSJNNq.png

Great art direction!
some charm.

Last edited:

Hugare

One of the biggest IPs around and the idiots cant give it a proper budget to make a decent game.

LOTR feels wasted just like HP before Hogwarts Legacy. Last great game was during the PS2 era. Shadow of Mordor was meh.

diffusionx

Gold Member
It's pretty crazy that a massive IP like Lord of the Rings gets garbage games like this instead of a big AAA Fantasy RPG.
It's obvious at this point that whatever scumbags are in charge of the license these days, they do not give a shit and just see it as an ATM.

EA were much better stewards of this franchise:
SXA2Kpj.jpeg

Looks dated as fuck. Like a Dreamlight Valley with half the budget. And Dreamlight Valley isn't exactly Cyberpunk 2077.

It sorta looks like one of these MMOS that sprouted during the 2010s ready to kill WoW and went f2p in a month

Top Bottom