• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FootballGAF 2021/2022 |OT| The battle to survive, rebuilding after disaster.

Dark Rider

Bayern are close to agreeing a 3-year deal with Sadio Mané. The Senegalese is expected to cost around €30m. Hasan Salihamidžić had met the player's agent to express Bayern's interest - and Mané informed him that Bayern is an attractive destination for him

If Lewa leave to Barcelona this might happen.

DonJorginho

Banned
Come on you beautiful man, win it for Los Blancos 🫶🏼

premier league celebration GIF by BT Sport

Banjo64

cumsessed
In my 29 years I’ve seen the 3 best managers that I think I’ll ever see, even if I live to 100.

Pep. The Special One. But this guy, this guy…

carlo-ancelotti-ac-milan.jpg

carlo-ancelotti-champions-league-milan-2007.jpg

b0996-16030403498223-800.jpg

And now tonight.

A true gentleman in victory, and defeat.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Beating Chelsea, PSG, City and Liverpool. True Champions of Europe.

Well done Madrid, well done Carlo.

MCFC ok.

Last edited:
Liverpool should have just sat back deep - play Madrid’s game. But you could see the difference between a top premier league team and a top laliga team. Laliga is a weak league.

DKehoe

Couldn’t beat Chelsea in the league and were outclassed by City in both games, couldn’t score vs Chelsea in 90 minutes in both cup finals… liVARpool are what they accuse City of - they are flat track bullies and nothing more.
It's properly mad. He's saying they're the best team in the world "based on the season they've had." Winning an FA Cup and League Cup is a good achievement. But acting like it's historic and makes you the best in the world is ridiculous.

Was bad enough when before the match the pundits were debating Mane deserving the Balon D'Or over Benzema. The English media's refusal to look beyond the Premier League is embarrassing.

Last edited:

Dark Rider

Come on you beautiful man, win it for Los Blancos 🫶🏼

premier league celebration GIF by BT Sport
Bale and Hazard coming off the bench to win it for Madrid is the funniest possible outcome. So that’s what I’m hoping for.

hZvoLrA.jpg

They both did not play but they both got a medal, I'm assuming they are happy.

At least the people outside don't have to watch this absolute cringe show.

It get worse every year, it will get worse next year too sadly.

Liverpool should have just sat back deep - play Madrid’s game. But you could see the difference between a top premier league team and a top laliga team. Laliga is a weak league.

Real Madrid made the game go exactly as they wanted.
We know Liverpool will just burst into the game and push as hard we they can, we didn't care for that we just let them have the ball confident that whatever they can muster we can score more. Basically let them tire themselves and just hit them with a counter and conserve our energy for the long run (this is a final that can go into extra time and we have several aging players) and just outscore them by the end of the game when they are dead on their feet in exhaustion. The way the game played out was not Liverpool forcing it on Real Madrid, it was Real Madrid steering in that way because that is our game plan.

As for the league comment I'll have you ponder this stat and tell us your honest opinion:
[Dermot Corrigan] In last 21 years, La Liga teams have played 17 Champions League and Europa League finals against non-Spanish teams. And won all 17.

How many times La Liga teams were in the finals over the last two decades and the fact no one could beat them says a lot.

It's properly mad. He's saying they're the best team in the world "based on the season they've had." Winning an FA Cup and League Cup is a good achievement. But acting like it's historic and makes you the best in the world is ridiculous.

Was bad enough when before the match the pundits were debating Mane deserving the Balon D'Or over Benzema. The English media's refusal to look beyond the Premier League is embarrassing.

It clearly works on the masses who get brainwashed into this and you can see examples of it everywhere. They don't get called on giving false analysis (basically propaganda really) and line up more money into they own pockets so they will keep doing it.

If only there was some competitive way to determine which team is better.

You see that doesn't count, whatever Real Madrid did was just lucky and every game happenings were forced on them it was never their game plan.... in every single game they had period.

14 big ears! :) Hala Madrid.
And we beat PSG, Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool, most coming back from behind.
What a fantastic season!

:messenger_beaming:
Maybe they should give us one EPL trophy since we beat the top 3 in the EPL this season?

Congratulations real, certainly did it the hard way sign of true champions..... See you next year.

Thanks mate :messenger_beaming:
You got to snatch Haaland unopposed because of Mbappé saga, otherwise we would have went for him :messenger_downcast_sweat:
I guess with Haaland bolstering your ranks to eliminate your club weakness it stands to grow your confidence for next season to win it.
How do you see your UCL campaign next season with Haaland leading your attacking line? :pie_thinking:

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i'm not a fan of either liverpool or real madrid but was hoping liverpool would win the champions league. sure it's impressive real madrid have won it 14 times but it's so boring to watch. the conference + europa leagues are the more exciting matches to watch now. roma, feyernoord, rangers, frankfurt. all teams that have not won a european trophy before or haven't been in a final for decades.

Dark Rider

i'm not a fan of either liverpool or real madrid but was hoping liverpool would win the champions league. sure it's impressive real madrid have won it 14 times but it's so boring to watch. the conference + europa leagues are the more exciting matches to watch now. roma, feyernoord, rangers, frankfurt. all teams that have not won a european trophy before or haven't been in a final for decades.

You watch which ever you enjoy most mate it is all football :messenger_beaming:
And I do watch them and encourage everyone to watch EL and UECL, there is a lot of great football there.
You might feel bored seeing teams won the UCL multiple times but you ignore the clubs names and just enjoy the football played on the pitch I think you would be able to enjoy it because football after all is football and we enjoy football :messenger_smiling:

DKehoe

They both did not play but they both got a medal, I'm assuming they are happy.
From what I saw of the post-match they both seemed pretty happy.

It clearly works on the masses who get brainwashed into this and you can see examples of it everywhere. They don't get called on giving false analysis (basically propaganda really) and line up more money into they own pockets so they will keep doing it.

You see that doesn't count, whatever Real Madrid did was just lucky and every game happenings were forced on them it was never their game plan.... in every single game they had period.
It's just kinda funny how people are falling over themselves to declare teams as being among the best ever and when they lose it doesn't count because the other team apparently didn't play football in the right way. Also how Michael Owen was going to bat so hard for Liverpool when their fans don't even like him! Even Steven Gerrard, Mr Liverpool himself, was being more realistic about it.

The idea that Liverpool should have just sat deep is kinda ridiculous when we saw how TAA's lack of positional awareness cost them. Sitting back deep and absorbing pressure is in itself a skill. Liverpool play in a way that best suits them. Another style being possibly less appealing to watch doesn't mean that it's easy to switch into. I think TAA is a great player but if Liverpool had sat deep and invited more pressure then Madrid would have absolutely hammered him. He's great at the role he plays, and it's an important part of Liverpool's style, but there's a reason Southgate has typically picked Kyle Walker over him.

Anyway, congrats to you and the other Madridistas on number 14!

Dark Rider

It's just kinda funny how people are falling over themselves to declare teams as being among the best ever and when they lose it doesn't count because the other team apparently didn't play football in the right way. Also how Michael Owen was going to bat so hard for Liverpool when their fans don't even like him! Even Steven Gerrard, Mr Liverpool himself, was being more realistic about it.

The idea that Liverpool should have just sat deep is kinda ridiculous when we saw how TAA's lack of positional awareness cost them. Sitting back deep and absorbing pressure is in itself a skill. Liverpool play in a way that best suits them. Another style being possibly less appealing to watch doesn't mean that it's easy to switch into. I think TAA is a great player but if Liverpool had sat deep and invited more pressure then Madrid would have absolutely hammered him. He's great at the role he plays, and it's an important part of Liverpool's style, but there's a reason Southgate has typically picked Kyle Walker over him.

Anyway, congrats to you and the other Madridistas on number 14!

Michael Owen played for multiple big clubs, not a single fan base like him and his "analysis" in general is looked at as a joke. The fact that Liverpool has him as their ambassador is embarrassing to be honest in my opinion but I'm not a Liverpool fan so it is not my place to say it is a big mistake.

Yes it takes a lot of skill and high level of technical ability to perform any style of football at a high level especially against other teams that perform on the high level too. The thing I love about my club is our flexibility and ability to execute more than one style perfectly, it helps us against different teams that play different styles and also make it easier for us to try and adapt to any weakness that arise for any reason, for example we have many aging players so playing a slower game and conserving our energy is important. We will push and exert dominance for short periods of times and make them count by scoring while letting the other team have the ball the rest of the time. I'm hopeful for our young players too and they have absolute legends at the club to play alongside them and teach them.

With all the changes at Manchester United I'm really interested to see how you will do next season. A lot of work need to be done in this transfer window both selling and buying.

DKehoe

Michael Owen played for multiple big clubs, not a single fan base like him and his "analysis" in general is looked at as a joke. The fact that Liverpool has him as their ambassador is embarrassing to be honest in my opinion but I'm not a Liverpool fan so it is not my place to say it is a big mistake.

Yes it takes a lot of skill and high level of technical ability to perform any style of football at a high level especially against other teams that perform on the high level too. The thing I love about my club is our flexibility and ability to execute more than one style perfectly, it helps us against different teams that play different styles and also make it easier for us to try and adapt to any weakness that arise for any reason, for example we have many aging players so playing a slower game and conserving our energy is important. We will push and exert dominance for short periods of times and make them count by scoring while letting the other team have the ball the rest of the time. I'm hopeful for our young players too and they have absolute legends at the club to play alongside them and teach them.

With all the changes at Manchester United I'm really interested to see how you will do next season. A lot of work need to be done in this transfer window both selling and buying.
I was thinking when I wrote that how it's weird that Owen is maybe the only player I can think of who at one point was absolutely elite but has no fanbase which thinks fondly of him. I know a lot of Liverpool fans hate that he's an ambassador for them because he went on to play for United. And on the flip side United fans never took to him because he was a Liverpool player.

I think that Madrid team's ability to adapt is their biggest strength. There's quality in every part of that lineup which allows them to do what is required to win rather than being locked into a particular process.

As for United, we'll see. There's been some big changes in terms of the higher ups so hopefully that makes a difference. And ten Hag feels like a great choice and one motivated by on-the-pitch priorities rather than just grabbing the biggest name available. There's going to be a lot of players leaving so it feels like the potential is there for a refresh. But with the Glazers still in place it's hard to get too optimistic. But it should be interesting to watch nonetheless. I try and keep in mind that I've been lucky to see my team beat everyone and win everything. Coming 5th is a disaster for United but the majority of fans would kill for that. So fuck it, I'll just try and enjoy the ride.

Last edited:

DKehoe

This is a shame. His strength seems to be much more in putting a structure in place rather than directly managing. So when he was made interim manager the part that interested me more was him staying on as a consultant.

Dark Rider

I was thinking when I wrote that how it's weird that Owen is maybe the only player I can think of who at one point was absolutely elite but has no fanbase which thinks fondly of him. I know a lot of Liverpool fans hate that he's an ambassador for them because he went on to play for United. And on the flip side United fans never took to him because he was a Liverpool player.

I think that Madrid team's ability to adapt is their biggest strength. There's quality in every part of that lineup which allows them to do what is required to win rather than being locked into a particular process.

As for United, we'll see. There's been some big changes in terms of the higher ups so hopefully that makes a difference. And ten Hag feels like a great choice and one motivated by on-the-pitch priorities rather than just grabbing the biggest name available. There's going to be a lot of players leaving so it feels like the potential is there for a refresh. But with the Glazers still in place it's hard to get too optimistic. But it should be interesting to watch nonetheless. I try and keep in mind that I've been lucky to see my team beat everyone and win everything. Coming 5th is a disaster for United but the majority of fans would kill for that. So fuck it, I'll just try and enjoy the ride.

He also played for Newcastle United and while there said he was there just to collect wadges :messenger_tears_of_joy:

It will be transition period for you, while spending money is important the more important aspect of it is to spend money that make sense for the club needs on the pitch, your club owners and previous management only cared about the commercial side so we will find out if they learned their lesson or not in the coming seasons, if they learned their lesson you for sure will see better results and performance.

This is a shame. His strength seems to be much more in putting a structure in place rather than directly managing. So when he was made interim manager the part that interested me more was him staying on as a consultant.

I was surprised reading the news about him staying as consultant to be honest, he was a manager when you signed him and I assumed he wanted to continue doing that so reading this now is what I originally expected.

Labadal

Sadio Mane leaving Liverpool rumor seems to be getting more traction. I like him, but if he wants a new challenge, I say let him go.

He did a lot, and won a lot with Liverpool.

(I'd love it if he stays.)

Dark Rider

Sadio Mane leaving Liverpool rumor seems to be getting more traction. I like him, but if he wants a new challenge, I say let him go.

He did a lot, and won a lot with Liverpool.

(I'd love it if he stays.)

I feel if Liverpool offered him a contract on equivalent to Salah contract there is a good chance he stays.
But who do you want for replacement?

Labadal

I feel if Liverpool offered him a contract on equivalent to Salah contract there is a good chance he stays.
But who do you want for replacement?
If I could freely pick and choose (dream scenario, unrelated to real chance), I'd let Salah, Mane and Firmino leave. Bring in Kane or Son, Darwin Nunes and Jarrod Bowen.

I wouldn't mind another creative midfielder. Bellingham would be nice, but I don't see that one happening. Maybe get Eriksen as an impact sub player.

JLB

Banned
What a fucking bless is to be a Madrid fan. I dont think we will ever see a Champions like this. PSG (Petrodollar team, Messi, Neymar, the other one, won with 3 goals in 10 minutes), then we won Chelsea, IMO the best team on the world and current champion, and then the absolute ecstasy of winning City in 1 minute and in Peps face. Liverpool was great, but this champions had our name.
Thank you players, you made a man very happy this year.

Last edited:

DKehoe

Nice to see Nottingham Forest back in the Premier League. You never know they might go on to win the European Cup/Champions League again.
Yeh Forest have a great history so it's nice to see them back in the Premier League again. Also, from a United perspective, I've been glad to see James Garner do well on loan with them.

SkylineRKR

This was probably the most impressive CL win by Real in recent times. They weren't favourites, actually not in a single of the knockout games they played. And imo they shut Liverpool down perfectly. They gave them the ball, broke out a few times and got a goal disallowed. I think it was a legit goal, but okay. In the second half Real kept their focus, and when Vinicius scored I knew the game was done. I don't think it was undeserved. Liverpool just couldn't figure them out.

I think Benzema is easily player of the year. Can't think of another one.

Dark Rider

If I could freely pick and choose (dream scenario, unrelated to real chance), I'd let Salah, Mane and Firmino leave. Bring in Kane or Son, Darwin Nunes and Jarrod Bowen.

I wouldn't mind another creative midfielder. Bellingham would be nice, but I don't see that one happening. Maybe get Eriksen as an impact sub player.

You ideal is to replace the entire front line in one swoop? that is a risky move because players will need time to adjust to new teams systems so you are basically crippling yourself for a while I think :pie_thinking:

What a fucking bless is to be a Madrid fan. I dont think we will ever see a Champions like this. PSG (Petrodollar team, Messi, Neymar, the other one, won with 3 goals in 10 minutes), then we won Chelsea, IMO the best team on the world and current champion, and then the absolute ecstasy of winning City in 1 minute and in Peps face. Liverpool was great, but this champions had our name.
Thank you players, you made a man very happy this year.

Congrats mate :messenger_beaming:

Nice to see Nottingham Forest back in the Premier League. You never know they might go on to win the European Cup/Champions League again.

Europe is safe for at least one more year but the EPL is not safe.

This was probably the most impressive CL win by Real in recent times. They weren't favourites, actually not in a single of the knockout games they played. And imo they shut Liverpool down perfectly. They gave them the ball, broke out a few times and got a goal disallowed. I think it was a legit goal, but okay. In the second half Real kept their focus, and when Vinicius scored I knew the game was done. I don't think it was undeserved. Liverpool just couldn't figure them out.

I think Benzema is easily player of the year. Can't think of another one.

It really baffles me when I see anyone who watched the final who did not realise what Real Madrid were doing and how we actually were steering the game the way we wanted. That Benzema goal I wanted it to count :messenger_pensive:
And I agree Benzema should win it but I'm sure some people will not like it.

Liverpool will be reminded of this everyday by Manchester United for a while to banter them aren't they?

Dark Rider

[Fabrizio Romano] Isco has officially announced that he’s leaving Real Madrid on a free move this summer.

Thank you for all you've done with us, wish you all the best where ever you play and when you are done playing you can come back here.

Dark Rider

[Michał Pol] Lewandowski: One thing is certain, my history with Bayern is over, I can't imagine a continued good relationship. I hope he will not keep me just because he can. A transfer is the best solution for everyone

[Fabrizio Romano] Bayern director Oliver Kahn tells Sport1: “I can’t tell you why Robert chose this way to communicate his situation. Public statements like that don’t get you anywhere”. “Robert should know what he has at Bayern. Appreciation is not a one-way street”

Last edited:
Top Bottom