• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FootballGAF 2021/2022 |OT| The battle to survive, rebuilding after disaster.

Dark Rider

Matt Law (Tier One Chelsea - The Telegraph)

Jules Kounde is expected to join Chelsea in the summer as Tuchel collates an 8 man shortlist to replace the two outgoing defenders in Rudiger and Christensen.

Other CB Targets include - Josko Gvardiol, Pau Torres, Jose Gimenez.

Chelsea also will target Raheem Sterling if they manage to sell one of Timo Werner, Christian Pulisic or Hakim Ziyech.

Chelsea may also target a central midfielder if one of Jorginho or Kante is sold.

Lukaku will hold talks with Tuchel over his future, Tuchel will allow Marcos Alonso to move to Barcelona if they meet club's valuation.

New contracts to be offered to Mason Mount, Reece James and potentially Edouard Mendy.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...vardiol-eight-player-shortlist-solve-chelsea/

I remember how it went last time, this time it looks like it will go ahead.
How much is Chelsea paying though?

What does that even mean?

I think JLB JLB mean that he screwed himself by staying in PSG in the sporting department.

Dark Rider

[RMC Sport] Tchouaméni has chosen Real Madrid

[Fabrizio Romano] Aurélien Tchouaméni has already communicated to his teammates the intention to join Real Madrid, as per Julien Maynard. He dreams of Real. Price will be way more than €50m, still to be negotiated - Real Madrid plans have changed after Mbappé’s refusal.

I'll bank on it after the contract is signed.

Last edited:

Dark Rider

Premier League statement: The Premier League Board has today approved the proposed takeover of Chelsea Football Club by the Todd Boehly/Clearlake Consortium.

Bending the government approval then it is done.

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned
That is his release clause right? if I'm remembering correctly.
Sevilla must be regretting not setting it higher.
Around that yeah, and I agree, he's one of my favourite defenders in football. If we can get him and Gvardiol I think we'll have the best defence in the PL.

DonJorginho

Banned
Statement from the UK Government on Chelsea FC Sale:

“Late last night the UK Government reached a position where we could issue a licence that permits the sale of Chelsea Football Club. Following the sanctioning of Roman Abramovich, the Government has worked hard to ensure Chelsea Football Club has been able to continue to play football. But we have always been clear that the long-term future of the club could only be secured under a new owner.

“The steps today will secure the future of this important cultural asset and protect fans and the wider football community. We have been in discussions with relevant international partners for necessary licences required and we thank them for all their cooperation.”

Now all we're waiting on is the EU/Portuguese confirmation this morning and the deal should be done and announced by the club tonight!

Dark Rider

[Fabrizio Romano] Sevilla president Castro confirms: “Anthony Martial will return to Man United. We spent important money on him but it didn’t work - also, he had injuries and we’re not gonna buy him on a permanent deal”.

DKehoe

I think JLB JLB mean that he screwed himself by staying in PSG in the sporting department.
I think it's a pity that he's staying at PSG since people don't pay attention to them outside of Champions League games and it's a pity for such an exciting, talented player to be there. But on the other hand he is making ridiculous money and time is on his side. It's only a 3 year deal so in 3 years he will be 26 and can easily sign with any club he chooses.

Dark Rider

I think it's a pity that he's staying at PSG since people don't pay attention to them outside of Champions League games and it's a pity for such an exciting, talented player to be there. But on the other hand he is making ridiculous money and time is on his side. It's only a 3 year deal so in 3 years he will be 26 and can easily sign with any club he chooses.

The amount of money he secured for himself is why I specified that he might have screwed himself from a sporting side, on the money side of things he got way more.
Now about when his contract expire, look at how much he is making in his current contract and then ask yourself if there is any club willing to pay him more to get him? is there any club willing to at least match it? Personally I don't think there is.
So in 3 years he either renew with PSG (with a bigger contract or even the same terms as the current contract) or take a big pay cut in order for him to play in any other club I don't think he will be happy about the prospect of getting a pay cut while in his prime to be honest.
Don't forget he also got new powers on which players PSG sign or sell and who they appoint as manager and what said manager can do that Mbappé will have to give up if he move away once his current contract with PSG expire. Mbappé stand to lose more than just money by the end of his contract. So yes money wise Mbappé got the most he can get but sporing wise it looks like he screwed himself one way or another.

It is also possible that Mbappé tear up Europe during these years and break all records and win everything we just don't know.
It will be interesting what Mbappé make of himself and personally I will be watching with interest.
To be honest though (and many of Real Madrid fans share this sentiment) whatever he does for himself I don't wan't him to wear Real Madrid shirt or ever sign for Real Madrid, that door is firmly closed forever we need to focus on other things the club move on as it always did. We always believe that there is no player bigger than the club period.

And again good luck to Mbappé in life.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Matt Law (Tier One Chelsea - The Telegraph)

Jules Kounde is expected to join Chelsea in the summer as Tuchel collates an 8 man shortlist to replace the two outgoing defenders in Rudiger and Christensen.

Other CB Targets include - Josko Gvardiol, Pau Torres, Jose Gimenez.

Chelsea also will target Raheem Sterling if they manage to sell one of Timo Werner, Christian Pulisic or Hakim Ziyech.

Chelsea may also target a central midfielder if one of Jorginho or Kante is sold.

Lukaku will hold talks with Tuchel over his future, Tuchel will allow Marcos Alonso to move to Barcelona if they meet club's valuation.

New contracts to be offered to Mason Mount, Reece James and potentially Edouard Mendy.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...vardiol-eight-player-shortlist-solve-chelsea/
Glad the takeover has gone through for you guys but don’t know anything about the new owner. Fingers crossed you get some extensions signed and new players in and Lukaku fucks off.

DonJorginho

Banned
What would you think of Sterling going to Chelsea? And DonJorginho DonJorginho how would you feel about it?
I don't think he's as good as his stats make him out to be, he struggles in tight spaces, relies on creators doing the heavy lifting for him and is definitely in debt to Pep for his individual success.

However, he's better than what we have, would be cheaper than some of the other targets we have and I think could still thrive in a Tuchel system as one of those wingers who makes the diagonal runs into the box like we do.

[Fabrizio Romano] Sevilla president Castro confirms: “Anthony Martial will return to Man United. We spent important money on him but it didn’t work - also, he had injuries and we’re not gonna buy him on a permanent deal”.

Unsurprising. Couldn't even be bothered to put the effort in for Sevilla from what I saw of him playing for them. Maybe there's some hope for him under Ten Hag, but I can't see it. He's not a player who has ever thrived playing high-pressing, aggressive football.

Hopefully we can get some value for him in the market, but he's shown himself to be a bit of a disaster for the last two years. Probably just going to be another grossly overcompensated player we fail to shift until his contract expires.

Dark Rider

[Mike Verweij] Ajax and Bayern Munich reach agreement over transfer Ryan Gravenberch. €19M + €5.5M in variables + 7.5% sell-on fee.

Dark Rider

[RMC Sport] Monaco are now asking Real Madrid for more than the €80m originally requested for Aurélien Tchouaméni

PSG went in and started throwing money, I guess we can tell them our offer is final :pie_thinking:
If Monaco does not concede then Tchouaméni can either agree to PSG offer or wait for his contract to expire and come for free.

Malcolm9

What's even more impressive about that stat is that none of his goals are penalties. I would take him anyday at Chelsea, but not only would Levy never sell to us, I think just about any attacker in the PL besides those from Norwich would get into our starting XI.

Sadly that's due to the lack of creativity from our midfield, which we desperately need to upgrade for next season.

Dark Rider

Michael Owen: “I think Liverpool are better than Real Madrid and they could blow them away. 3-1 or 3-0 is my prediction, I think they could beat them reasonably convincingly, because they are an exceptional team at the minute and are too good for Real Madrid.”

:pie_thinking:

Labadal

People are severely underrating Real Madrid. Both teams are even, and the result can go either way depending on match day mentality.

DonJorginho

Banned
Sadly that's due to the lack of creativity from our midfield, which we desperately need to upgrade for next season.
I know who I'd go for

champions league football GIF by BT Sport

Dark Rider

[Goal] Fede Valverde on Champions League: "It's a unique trophy for any player in the world. I am willing to sacrifice many things...except my son...but maybe even my wife"

DonJorginho

Banned
100%, along with Milinković-Savić.

Sell Jorginho & Kante personally while they are still worth some money. RLC can leave as well, he just doesn't have the consistency and Gallagher & Gilmour will offer more to the team.
I agree, I'd maybe keep Jorgi as I feel he offers something we don't really have without him and he's a good leader, but if we can get say £40m plus you gotta take it.

I'd love SMS at Chelsea, it's a shame that all the midfielders we're targeting right now are more box to box players rather than creators (such as Bissouma, Rice, Tchouameni)

DonJorginho

Banned
This man is my #1 target this summer, Tuchel adores him, he's everything this team needs going forward/creatively and will be a free transfer so won't harm our budget.

Will be extremely disappointed if we are beaten to this deal seeing as PSG have pulled out.

operanews1642723073574.jpg

DKehoe

Would make my year if he did, I know he has injury problems but he is statistically the best creative player in Europe right now and will be perfect for our system.
He'd make a lot of sense with him and Tuchel having history. I think people kinda forget about it now because things didn't quite work out at Barcelona as well as they had hoped but Dembele was right up there alongside Mbappe as the most exciting young player in Europe. And that form came with him working under Tuchel. I hadn't heard PSG had pulled out, I thought the talk was Mbappe wanted Neymar out and Dembele brought in?

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned
He'd make a lot of sense with him and Tuchel having history. I think people kinda forget about it now because things didn't quite work out at Barcelona as well as they had hoped but Dembele was right up there alongside Mbappe as the most exciting young player in Europe. And that form came with him working under Tuchel. I hadn't heard PSG had pulled out, I thought the talk was Mbappe wanted Neymar out and Dembele brought in?
GFFN and Le Parisen both reported yesterday that Luis Campos will turn down Dembele due to injury worries, high salary and attitude issues.

DKehoe

HTML:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Milan parade Vs City parade 😭😭😭<br><br>Money doesnt buy everything <a href="[URL]https://t.co/Lj0PRy2CMS[/URL]">[URL]https://t.co/Lj0PRy2CMS[/URL]</a> <a href="[URL]https://t.co/bx1vwHj0Nw[/URL]">[URL='http://pic.twitter.com/bx1vwHj0Nw']pic.twitter.com/bx1vwHj0Nw[/URL]</a></p>&mdash; Omar🥶 CHAMPION OF ITALY 🏆 (@AlessioTackle) <a href="[URL]https://twitter.com/AlessioTackle/status/1528835592854900739?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw[/URL]">May 23, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="[URL]https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js[/URL]" charset="utf-8"></script>

Edit: How do you embed a tweet?
Just post the link to the tweet and the site will sort it for you.

JLB

Banned
Feeling the day already. So many memories: Bale’s chilena against Liverpool, CR7 first goal vs Juve, and of course Ramos flying to glory on the 92’, the exact moment when this epic saga of unforgettable moments started.
Would love Karim to make 2 and become the maximum UCL scorer with Cristiano. Would be poetic justice.

Dark Rider

I think AC Milan has more fans in Italy than Manchester City in England but to be fair to Manchester City that picture is cherry picked for banter, there was actually much more fans than that picture shows.

Feeling the day already. So many memories: Bale’s chilena against Liverpool, CR7 first goal vs Juve, and of course Ramos flying to glory on the 92’, the exact moment when this epic saga of unforgettable moments started.
Would love Karim to make 2 and become the maximum UCL scorer with Cristiano. Would be poetic justice.

Everyone need to be focused, not a single mistake by anyone can be tolerated, this is a final in UCL.
I'm hoping we win but I'm nervous about it.

Top Bottom