• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FootballGAF 2021/2022 |OT| The battle to survive, rebuilding after disaster.

Labadal

Those were the days!

I've seen too many penalty shootouts in Liverpool games. Not too good on the heart!

I hope Salah and van Dijk are fit for the last league game, especially for the final.

It's crazy that we possible have three key players that could miss out on that game.

I do have to say that Henderson did well in Fabinho's position.

A few of my colleagues are long time Chelsea fan. Losing two finals like that must feel very unfair.

PJX

Those were the days!

I've seen too many penalty shootouts in Liverpool games. Not too good on the heart!

I hope Salah and van Dijk are fit for the last league game, especially for the final.

It's crazy that we possible have three key players that could miss out on that game.

I do have to say that Henderson did well in Fabinho's position.

A few of my colleagues are long time Chelsea fan. Losing two finals like that must feel very unfair.
Nah. Don't feel sorry for them at all. I was getting abused online by Chelsea fans saying how we were going to get battered by them. All this supposed fire power that they have but yet Tuchel want to try and be the German Simone. Fuck em is what I say.

Labadal

I do agree that I'm not a fan of his tactics. He has a bunch of talented players that shouldn't be playing this defensively.

Yes, it has lead to trophies, and some finals, but they also play tactics that I don't particularly enjoy. At least not if you're not an underdog.

Reactions: PJX
jBAm4MK.jpg
2xUZjbc.jpg
pxehtKQ.jpg

Fuck Chelsea. I'm glad their dirty money has gone and they now have to slum it with every other club rather than buying their way to success with stolen money.

Last edited:
Reactions: PJX

Dark Rider

Bayern chief Hasan Salihamidzic confirms Lewandowski wants to leave: "I spoke to 'Lewa'. During the conversation, he told me that he doesn't want to accept our offer to extend his contract and that he would like to leave the club"

Prison Mike

Banned
Bayern chief Hasan Salihamidzic confirms Lewandowski wants to leave: "I spoke to 'Lewa'. During the conversation, he told me that he doesn't want to accept our offer to extend his contract and that he would like to leave the club"

Barcelona bound I reckon

Reactions: JLB

JLB

Banned

Has to be Barcelona.
Having similar feelings of Haaland/ManCity. Its a player that does not fit in what the team and the coach wants to play. Also, they already have the perfect 9 for its style: Ansu Fati.

DKehoe

There’s been talk recently about him getting a huge offer from PSG. But I still figured he’d end up at Real Madrid.

Dark Rider

Has to be Barcelona.
Having similar feelings of Haaland/ManCity. Its a player that does not fit in what the team and the coach wants to play. Also, they already have the perfect 9 for its style: Ansu Fati.

Fati get injured often despite being young, they need someone to be there when Fati is out injured.

There’s been talk recently about him getting a huge offer from PSG. But I still figured he’d end up at Real Madrid.

I think if he does not sign now then he will not come to Real Madrid under Perez no matter what, so if he plans to be at Real Madrid under Perez then even a single month contract extension with PSG means he's out.

Dark Rider

[Fabrizio Romano] Diego Simeone confirms he’s not gonna leave Atléti: “There’s nothing to say: I’m gonna continue with Atletico Madrid. No worries, tranquilidad”. The Atletico board had no contacts with any other manager. It’s only Cholo Simeone, present and future.

Dark Rider

[RMC Sport] Benzema: "Panenka against City? I was waiting for the right game, where there's a lot of pressure. It's the kind of pressure that allows you to make a gesture like that, for me anyways."

Dark Rider

[Fabrizio Romano] Frenkie de Jong has Champions League football as main priority for his future, he'd be happy to stay, Xavi wants him at Barça - depends on proposals. Manchester United will try again, Erik ten Hag would love to change Frenkie's mind

JLB

Banned
Fati get injured often despite being young, they need someone to be there when Fati is out injured.

I think if he does not sign now then he will not come to Real Madrid under Perez no matter what, so if he plans to be at Real Madrid under Perez then even a single month contract extension with PSG means he's out.

I understand that Ansu gets injured quite frequently, but if you sign a top player like Lewandoswki and then turns ansu does not get injured... its going to be a problem.

Last edited:

JLB

Banned
[Fabrizio Romano] Frenkie de Jong has Champions League football as main priority for his future, he'd be happy to stay, Xavi wants him at Barça - depends on proposals. Manchester United will try again, Erik ten Hag would love to change Frenkie's mind

Good but overrated player. Always dissapear on the critical matches.

Dark Rider

I understand that Ansu gets injured quite frequently, but if you sign a top player like Lewandoswki and then turns ansu does not get injured... its going to be a problem.

Lewa is a short term signing due to his age anyway so if Fati is fit more often it will be a year or two before Lewa is just a super substitute.

Good but overrated player. Always dissapear on the critical matches.

He is still young with room to improve, so it all depend if he develop further or stagnate.

Dark Rider

[Marca] Luka Modric will receive the MARCA Leyenda award, an honour given to recognize the merits and careers of the most brilliant athletes in the world, joining the likes of Michael Jordan, Muhammad Ali, Pelé, Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, Di Stéfano and others.

Dark Rider

[Bild] Uli Hoeneß: “In Stuttgart they think they won the World Cup. They only didn’t get relegated” Stuttgart CEO Alexander Wehrle responds: “When you see the emotions at Bayern’s celebrations, you’d think they finished 10th - and not won the title for the 10th time in a row”

Johnnpix

Neo Member

Don't know why Lewandowski wants to join Barca

Johnnpix

Neo Member
Southampton 1-2 Liverpool. Liverpool has a bigger chance to turnover, though it seems not that possible. Remark that Liverpool may win 7 trophies in a year. Bayern or Barcelona didn't do that thanks to League Cup.

JLB

Banned
Southampton 1-2 Liverpool. Liverpool has a bigger chance to turnover, though it seems not that possible. Remark that Liverpool may win 7 trophies in a year. Bayern or Barcelona didn't do that thanks to League Cup.

Barcelona won the famous "sextete" (6 in a year) which was and is the maximum number of tournaments in a year (for a spanish team)
Still, nothing compares to the magical "triple corona" of Real Madrid, when the team won three champions in a row. Unbelievable achievement for modern football.

Last edited:

Dark Rider

Don't know why Lewandowski wants to join Barca

He wanted to leave for Real Madrid a few years ago but Bayern blocked it so this is nothing new for him really. This is why I said he may stay earlier because just like the time he wanted to join Real Madrid he might get convinced by Bayern to stay. The big difference this time is Lewa age and thus Bayern is less likely to give in to his demands than before.

Corr that Southampton V Liverpool match last night was scary aha

Does Liverpool fans really think Manchester City will drop points? it is a walk in the park for them.

Barcelona won the famous "sextete" (6 in a year) which was and is the maximum number of tournaments in a year (for a spanish team)
Still, nothing compares to the magical "triple corona" of Real Madrid, when the team won three champions in a row. Unbelievable achievement for modern football.

And we won it 5 times in a row before, nothing new for us really. People who try hard to discard that fact with modern/old era split are just trying to grasp for straws to undermine our achievements, especially when they don't see themselves being able to replicate them :messenger_beaming:

Dark Rider

[Club Brugge KV on Twitter] Greetings from Ibiza! Club Brugge team celebrates their title win of last weekend in Ibiza while they still have to play a game next weekend against RSC Anderlecht

Dark Rider

Eintracht Frankfurt wins the 2022 UEFA Europa League Final

[Eintracht Frankfurt] have qualified for the 2022/23 UEFA Champions League as a result of their Europa League win

Sevilla and Emery both in mourning.
Especially Sevilla since the final is in their own ground.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Frankfurt won Europa League with 1 - 1 (pen. 5 - 4) Rangers.

Good game. Rangers were unlucky not to win. Can't blame Ramsey. He struck on target down the middle, but just unlikely that the keeper got a foot on it.

Some big games on tonight in the Premier League.

Everton and Burnley can both still survive relegation, but both teams will need to win tonight.

Everton are at home to Crystal Palace, and to be honest I don't fancy Everton's chances. Crystal Palace have been decent this season while Everton are all over the shop. I don't think Lampard is cut out for management and he's well out of his depth. If they lose tonight, then depending on other results they'll need to win away to Arsenal on the last game of the season. Arsenal have also been inconsistent recently, but I can't see them losing their final home game.

Burnley are away to Villa tonight, and honestly I think they'll win. If they do, then their last home game is home to Newcastle, who now have nothing to play for. Can see Burnley winning their next two games and staying up.

That leaves Leeds. They have one game left to save their season, which is away to Brentford. I'm going with a Leeds win and for them to survive.

Sorry Toffees, but I think you'll be playing us at St Andrews next season!

Dark Rider

Good game. Rangers were unlucky not to win. Can't blame Ramsey. He struck on target down the middle, but just unlikely that the keeper got a foot on it.

Some big games on tonight in the Premier League.

Everton and Burnley can both still survive relegation, but both teams will need to win tonight.

Everton are at home to Crystal Palace, and to be honest I don't fancy Everton's chances. Crystal Palace have been decent this season while Everton are all over the shop. I don't think Lampard is cut out for management and he's well out of his depth. If they lose tonight, then depending on other results they'll need to win away to Arsenal on the last game of the season. Arsenal have also been inconsistent recently, but I can't see them losing their final home game.

Burnley are away to Villa tonight, and honestly I think they'll win. If they do, then their last home game is home to Newcastle, who now have nothing to play for. Can see Burnley winning their next two games and staying up.

That leaves Leeds. They have one game left to save their season, which is away to Brentford. I'm going with a Leeds win and for them to survive.

Sorry Toffees, but I think you'll be playing us at St Andrews next season!

Everton just refused your offer and elected to stay in the first division :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Dark Rider

[James Olley] Sources have told ESPN Arsenal did not expect to finish in the top four this season & therefore their long-term budgeting has not been significantly affected by the recent slump. That will make a deal for Gabriel Jesus harder to pull off, although not impossible.

Dark Rider

[Romain Molina]What El Chiringuito says about Mbappe is not wrong

The crazy things El Chiringuito said:
[elchiringuitotv]PSG have offered Mbappé to be the owner of their sporting project. They’ll allow him to CHANGE coaches, players as he wishes, including the HUGE economic offer.

:pie_thinking:

Dark Rider

[Fabrizio Romano] Real Madrid hoped to get the green light from Kylian Mbappé as early as last Tuesday... but he asked for "bit more time to reflect".

I think when the season close he will have to communicate his final decision.

DKehoe

[Romain Molina]What El Chiringuito says about Mbappe is not wrong

The crazy things El Chiringuito said:
[elchiringuitotv]PSG have offered Mbappé to be the owner of their sporting project. They’ll allow him to CHANGE coaches, players as he wishes, including the HUGE economic offer.

:pie_thinking:

giphy.gif

Johnnpix

Neo Member
[Fabrizio Romano] Real Madrid hoped to get the green light from Kylian Mbappé as early as last Tuesday... but he asked for "bit more time to reflect".

I think when the season close he will have to communicate his final decision.

PSG's offer is too unrealistic. It's like a malice after knowing Mbappe's decision. PSG may struggle even in Ligue 1 next season.

Dark Rider

PSG's offer is too unrealistic. It's like a malice after knowing Mbappe's decision. PSG may struggle even in Ligue 1 next season.

With this kind of offer he might stay. The thing is if he stay it does not matter if it is two years, one year or even two months any extensions he signs with PSG mean he will not play for Real Madrid while Perez is president. Personally if he renews for any amount of time I think we should get one of the young top talent in the world this summer and close the door on Mbappé forever, if he renew then he made his bed.

Dark Rider

[BBC SPORT]Mikel Arteta: “In a week’s time when we are all on holiday & we look back at what we’ve done, whether we are in the Champions League or the Europa League, I think everybody will agree that we did more than was expected, for sure."

Top Bottom