• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XVI Revenge Trailer (June 22, 2023)

Doom85

(Guest) party members? Wolf in the party.

SCR-20221209-21.jpg

The plot twist is the wolf is not associated with the three of them at all, and only snuck behind them so it could talk briefly about Bill Clinton.

Kumomeme

case art cover:

FjgtVAyXoAEL7vS

FINAL FANTASY XVI Standard Edition (physical and digital)​

4-tn6rl53vh.jpeg

FINAL FANTASY XVI Deluxe Edition (physical only)​

2-b4e1dp4om.jpeg

FINAL FANTASY XVI Digital Deluxe Edition (digital only)​

3-ue46mygtn.jpeg

FINAL FANTASY XVI Collector’s Edition​

FFXVI_CE_eSTORE_1920x1080-k9fzcz355.jpg

• Collector’s Box - A beautiful metallic-sheen box that features beautiful artwork by legendary FINAL FANTASY series illustrator, Yoshitaka Amano
  • The full game - includes the base game box, which features stunning reversible cover art
  • Premium Statue: Phoenix vs Ifrit - an exquisitely crafted figurine that depicts the battling figures of two key Eikons: Phoenix and Ifrit
  • Metal Eikon Pin Collection - a premium metal pin collection featuring eight Eikons
  • Special Clive Rosfield SteelBook Case - a beautiful metal case for the game that features art of the main character, Clive
  • Cloth World Map of Valisthea - this printed cloth represents the map of Valisthea, where the story unfolds
  • Blood Sword (Weapon) DLC - the fabled scarlet steel of Firion, hero of Final Fantasy II
Pre-order this version of the game from the Square Enix Store, and you’ll also get the following bonus items:

• FINAL FANTASY XVI Pre-Order SteelBook Case
  • The Realms of Valisthea Wall Banners (6 inch height printed cloth banners)
  • Digital Mini Artbook
  • Digital Mini Soundtrack
  • Scholar’s Spectacles in-game item - an accessory that boosts Exp

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

If this was never coming to PC, I would have bought PS5 for this game alone. The problem is I do not like to double dip knowing a superior version is going to be out 6 months after the PS5 version.

I can't justify spending 100$ CAD on the PS5 version just to spend more money on the PC version just to play it early.

I guess I have to wait till the end of Next year for me to play it :/

EDMIX

boxart cover:

FjgtVAyXoAEL7vS

4-tn6rl53vh.jpeg

2-b4e1dp4om.jpeg

3-ue46mygtn.jpeg

• Collector’s Box - A beautiful metallic-sheen box that features beautiful artwork by legendary FINAL FANTASY series illustrator, Yoshitaka Amano
  • The full game - includes the base game box, which features stunning reversible cover art
  • Premium Statue: Phoenix vs Ifrit - an exquisitely crafted figurine that depicts the battling figures of two key Eikons: Phoenix and Ifrit
  • Metal Eikon Pin Collection - a premium metal pin collection featuring eight Eikons
  • Special Clive Rosfield SteelBook Case - a beautiful metal case for the game that features art of the main character, Clive
  • Cloth World Map of Valisthea - this printed cloth represents the map of Valisthea, where the story unfolds
  • Blood Sword (Weapon) DLC - the fabled scarlet steel of Firion, hero of Final Fantasy II
Pre-order this version of the game from the Square Enix Store, and you’ll also get the following bonus items:

• Digital Mini Artbook

I want that Deluxe edition for that Steelbook case.

Day 1.

So help me, I better be doing sphere grid shit in this game lol

not bad looking box art but I do want to see hand drawn cover similar to Valkyrie Elysium.

yzen0h5pjw991.jpg

We'll just make a print out for you to have a reversible cover lol

Last edited:

EDMIX

Is the CE going to be SE store exclusive?

...mutha fuck!!!!!

I checked Amazon and I don't see any versions up for pre-order. it might be a store exclusive thing.

edit.

will be open to pre-order on the 12th, same with Collectors edition

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
angry-office.gif

I'm really not trying to log into Square's trash store for this lol I'm going to wait and see on the 12th Amazon has it or will pre-order with Best Buy or Gamestop or something.
If it’s SE store exclusive then you are not getting it other than ordering from that damn online store.
tumblr_m118whFqkr1qk61bwo2_250.gif

UnNamed

Banned
Should probably call it something else by now, like "Final Witcher of Thrones May Fantasy"

This is anything but Final Fantasy.

I was thinking the same thing, it doesn't seem a proper FF, maybe because the genre is now influenced by other games and genres, so the old style JRPG games are relegated in the 2D RPG.

Anyway, the game seems really good, and the engine way better than what they used for Forspoken, an evolution from the Luminous Engine or something.

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
They shouldn't have told me when it will be coming to PC. I might have pulled the trigger and bought the PS5 version.

FunkMiller

Yep. Probably day one for me. I haven't really enjoyed a mainline FF game since 12, so hoping this is a return to form.

Go_Ly_Dow

Should probably call it something else by now, like "Final Witcher of Thrones May Fantasy"

This is anything but Final Fantasy.
How so? The core themes of this game run through practically every numbered FF game ever produced. You can also tell the world, characters and general narrative direction is made by Japanese devs.

Also, what's with the obsession of comparison this to Western medievil fantasy?

How about: FF1-5, FF9, FF12, FF14, Berserk, Vagrant Story etc...

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
game cover with PS5 label:

6528680_sd.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550

Deluxe edition cover:

6528681_sd.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550

Steelcase cover with Clive face?

6528680_rd.jpg

Goddamn Square continuing the FFXII tradition of terrible standard cover but fantastic steel book cover ...

For those interested Best Buy has a unique steel book for pre ordering the standar edition of the game:

6528680_rd.jpg

Elios83

case art cover:

FjgtVAyXoAEL7vS

4-tn6rl53vh.jpeg

2-b4e1dp4om.jpeg

3-ue46mygtn.jpeg

• Digital Mini Artbook
Amazing trailer, it's getting better and better.
Also they're not neglecting the physical editions it seems. Might go for the collector's....decisions decisions...

OsirisBlack

Banned
So just realized the digital delux doesn’t get the blood sword……. I already triple dipped on ffxiv and doubled on XV. Looks like another triple is in the works. ( want the statue ).

Edited to add: Yoshi P keeps mentioning Torgal and makes sure to point out that he is a wolf anytime someone asks about him. Good money says its final form is Fenrir.

Last edited:

Xeaker

Art design is horrible.
Combat might be nice for an action game like Devil May Cry. But JRPG? LOL

Celcius

°Temp. member
If this was never coming to PC, I would have bought PS5 for this game alone. The problem is I do not like to double dip knowing a superior version is going to be out 6 months after the PS5 version.

I can't justify spending 100$ CAD on the PS5 version just to spend more money on the PC version just to play it early.

Let’s not be so quick to call the PC version superior these days. This is the era of #stutterStruggle. Look at the complaints of stuttering in the PC version of FF7R. Even when it comes to PC, it’ll be on the Epic store for a year before it comes to Steam.

PC is my main platform but nowadays I just consider it to be different rather than superior. Being able to play the game on day one and having it be a smooth experience counts a lot imho.

At the beginning we see a young Clive and Joshua exchange words but later in the trailer we see what looks to be an older version of Clive running towards Joshua while he hasn't seemed to have aged a day and is surrounded by a fire aura of some sorts.

Am I hallucinating? What the hell is going on?!?

Unknown?

Yeah double dipping is such a pain when you spent $800 on just a GPU.

deeptech

looking at the trailer and some gameplay bits, i wonder what the hell were ff15 devs doing, it seems so bad in comparison?

Top Bottom