• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XVI Revenge Trailer (June 22, 2023)

Draugoth

Gold Member

Final-Fantasy-XVI-Cover-Art-US-Standard-Edition-1280x720.jpg

Final-Fantasy-XVI-Cover-Art-US-Deluxe-Edition-1280x720.jpg

ff16-collectors-edition-preorder-where-how-when.jpg

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Still very much a wait for impressions for me. Graphical fidelity looks really solid though at least.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Starting to look better than the initial reveal. The gameplay fighting looks super fast-paced though...

Doom85

Should probably call it something else by now, like "Final Witcher of Thrones May Fantasy"

This is anything but Final Fantasy.

I have some reservations, but come on. At least the world design looks more consistent than XV. “All right, boys, let’s dress up in leather and say hi to my dad in his Game of Thrones cosplay so we can start pushing our car to the nearest gas station!”

kanye west wtf GIF

Like, all prior FFs committed to a style for their settings. I had no idea what XV’s style was ultimately going for, it’s like it wanted a bunch of them without thinking if they worked together. XVI seems consistent so far in this regard.

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
I have some reservations, but come on. At least the world design looks more consistent than XV. “All right, boys, let’s dress up in leather and say hi to my dad in his Game of Thrones cosplay so we can start pushing our car to the nearest gas station!”

kanye west wtf GIF

Like, all prior FFs committed to a style for their settings. I had no idea what XV’s style was ultimately going for, it’s like it wanted a bunch of them without thinking if they worked together. XVI seems consistent so far in this regard.
Both are bad to be honest.

They are trying too hard to tell a story about revenge and anger, it looks too edgy.

Not to mention the combat.

Madflavor

I'm in the middle of reading Berserk for the first time (and loving the fuck outta it) and the protagonist of FFXVI looks like my kind of speed. Our boi be struggling.

Larxia

Some stuff look cool, and I don't have anything against the game itself, it might end up really good, but I'm always super confused by people impressions on the graphics.
I don't see what's so amazing about it, but like, at all, I think that even FF XV looked better, so it's quite confusing when people talk about how fantastic the graphics are.

Again, that's not necesarily a problem, the game can be great without insane graphics, but it's just something that confuses me because it seems like I'm not seeing the same game as others somehow.

Teslerum

Some stuff look cool, and I don't have anything against the game itself, it might end up really good, but I'm always super confused by people impressions on the graphics.
I don't see what's so amazing about it, but like, at all, I think that even FF XV looked better, so it's quite confusing when people talk about how fantastic the graphics are.

Again, that's not necesarily a problem, the game can be great without insane graphics, but it's just something that confuses me because it seems like I'm not seeing the same game as others somehow.
It's more about the artstyle than the technical side of the graphics.

Gives me Ivalice vibes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom