• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XVI Original Soundtrack has released digitally + physical

Go_Ly_Dow

215 tracks in total.

Trailer

Apple Digital

Physical
Regular: https://www.play-asia.com/final-fantasy-xvi-original-soundtrack/13/70g5cd
Special: https://www.play-asia.com/final-fantasy-xvi-original-soundtrack-ultimate-edition/13/70g5c5
230531_ff16ost_2.jpg

Last edited:

skit_data

That vinyl set looks very, very tempting but it's probably gonna be too expensive. I already spent waaay to much money on jungle vinyls a few years ago. But this and the Returnal vinyls are really tempting.

StueyDuck

I think I put the SF6 OST over this
To be fair I only played the sf beta but ffXVI is just such a great throwback OST, it feels like a video game, orchestrated at times, Sci fi throw backs to the future tech titles then hints of original scores creeping in.

Plus this may be controversial but easily the best battle theme in a long long long time.

Last edited:

Kumomeme

I'm gonna be honest. I liked the OST but it was kinda underwhelming. FFXIV Soken is still king
i disagree about underwhelming but yep, his work FFXIV is on whole different level. it is clear that he restraint himself to adhere to certain standard when compose music for FF16. for FF14, he has more freedom and able to let loose. from what i aware, his strength is actually with soundtrack with vocal voice (not orchestrial choir) and rock/metal music which is something, mostly not presented in FF16. but having him work on something different while having him toned down his style abit is breath of fresh air.

Pejo

FF music is the one aspect of the series that's literally always good. Thanks for the update OP, gonna give this thing a listen since I'm waiting for the PC version if/when it gets announced before playing the game.

sigmaZ

I really liked this one too. Great forest tune. It annoyed me a little because the first local you encounter it is not a forest. You don't get to the forest area it was obviously composed for until after you go through the town.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
How much is it digitally? I may just wait for it to get added to streaming services. I looked on Apple Music and didn't see it.

skit_data

I hope this doesn't count as bumping too old of a thread but I was listening to the FFXVI soundtrack earlier today and while I haven't heard all soundtracks/music in every game this year I think FFXVI should have a pretty good chance at winning or at least getting nominated for "Best score and music" at the Game Awards. The games soundtrack really is outstanding.

Go_Ly_Dow

I hope this doesn't count as bumping too old of a thread but I was listening to the FFXVI soundtrack earlier today and while I haven't heard all soundtracks/music in every game this year I think FFXVI should have a pretty good chance at winning or at least getting nominated for "Best score and music" at the Game Awards. The games soundtrack really is outstanding.
It's fantastic, one of the best soundtracks from recent memory. Japanese game composers always excel at bringing classically inspired music into the modern era.

Spoiler tagging as this includes the last boss theme.

Last edited:

Go_Ly_Dow

At first I was completely thrown off with that Typhon theme because it sounded very much like "brostep" but it really worked within its context.
Yeah definitely. I felt it was a great choice for that fight. It was unexpected and so was the music.

Another very underated piece of music from the game is Benedikta's theme. I can't find it on YouTube and there are a few variants in the game. But its beautiful and tragic, which suits the character.

I never played FF14, but I'm sold on Soken being a musical god. To Sail Forbidden Seas is enough, let alone the other 200 tracks or so.

Last edited:
Top Bottom