• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH |OT| 145.25GB OF Cloud Data

Are you playing in Graphics or Performance mode?

• Graphics

• Performance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Markio128

Gold Member
Awesome OT!

I love this game already, and time just slips by when I’m playing it. It feels like a game that I don’t want to rush, and instead take it all in. I last saved my game at Bill’s Chocobo farm, but the amount of unexplored area in the grasslands is crazy.

I also love Queens Blood. I’m still getting used to it, but I managed to beat the first 3 opponents, and I’m looking forward to building my deck and seeing how it evolves.

Great OT as always!

Rebirth is god-tier, they captured that magical feeling of adventure of the the original FF VII, I'm madly in love. Was my most anticipated game of 2024 and I'd be surprised if it doesn't finish as my GOTY, so damn good, Final Fantasy for life ⚔️

Boneless

Kalm is such a great town to start in, extremely alive, much more alive than anything in remake.

How far we've come:
Kalm.PNG

Last edited:

Skifi28

Gold Member
Heres a question for those already playing:

Is keeping the original buster sword viable throughout the game? Like, can you keep upgrading or change the appearance of your current weapon to look like it? I just don't like any of the other weapon models I've seen so far in videos.

RagnarokIV

Battlebus imprisoning me \m/ >.< \m/
Mine arrived a day late, just had it arrive at work. I’m skipping the gym tonight and playing this with some wine on the side!

Quick Qs:

I don’t want to resub to ps+ to download my save for VII remake. Will I miss out much on the save transfer gear and materia?

Do you start with anything like summons or level 2 spells?

peish

Gold Member
Awesome OT!
Still holding out for pc version with 21:9 aspect
FF16 on ps5 was a technical chore for me
But dayum, gaf liking this gameplay is a surprise considering part1 and KH shenanigans

Mikey Jr.

Damn. I want to experience everything in this game, but I really could not give a shit about queens blood.

I'm just not a card game guy. I ignored Gwent too in witcher. I played everyone in kalm and beat them, but I don't have that desire to keep doing it.

Anyone like me?

Damn, I loved fort condor though. Shame that got scrapped.

Garibaldi

Early days, but is there any resources on card game strategy? I fucking suck at it hah

The tutorials just tell me how to play from a mechanics point of view. I need deck building and good openings and such.

I crave the flaming spout of haptic victory!

Last edited:

Garibaldi

Mine arrived a day late, just had it arrive at work. I’m skipping the gym tonight and playing this with some wine on the side!

Quick Qs:

I don’t want to resub to ps+ to download my save for VII remake. Will I miss out much on the save transfer gear and materia?

Do you start with anything like summons or level 2 spells?
You get a summon for having a remake save (sorry can't recall which) and another for a Intermission save. No gear or levels or materia carryover. You also get a gift package if you finished the flashback sequence in the demo

TheAssist

Played it for nine hours yesterday. I cant remember the last time I played a game this long in a single day. Maybe FF9 back when I played it as a kid in 2002.

I'm having a blast. Yeah the constant pop in and some bad or slow loading textures suck, but certainly not enough to drag down the overall experience. The amount of (fun) stuff to do is simply amazing. I am only at the end of chapter two and still not finished with the Kalm area. The story has already set up some very interesting character moments that I did not expect. That one scene after the flashback...boy, that hit my stomach.
But there were also several scenes where I had to laugh out really hard, because the character interactions are simply amazing. This is FF7 at its best. Pure joy.
Could not stop thinking about the game, so now its finally time to get back in there. Vacation be blessed.

Have fun all of you!!

ps: Nice, its the OT name I voted for and also amazing OT, thanks!!!

Madflavor

This feels like the Final Fantasy game fans have been longing for and dreaming about for 20 years. As video games have made their graphical leaps over the years, I can understand it became more difficult for the developers to create a fantasy world for us to explore and get sucked into. I know FFXV was an Open World game, but this feels like they finally got it right. There are no compromises with this one.

Fully controllable party? Check.
Explorable World Map? Check.
Deep RPG mechanics and customization? Check.
Mini games out the ass? Check.

I don't know why it took this long to finally get here, but better late than never I suppose. To me this feels like the first fully fledged next gen Final Fantasy game in a very long time.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Its funny how closely this parallels the original FF7. Which let's be honest, is pretty rough around the edges too, even though it was considered a real looker back in its day.

Boneless

Damn. I want to experience everything in this game, but I really could not give a shit about queens blood.

I'm just not a card game guy. I ignored Gwent too in witcher. I played everyone in kalm and beat them, but I don't have that desire to keep doing it.

Anyone like me?

Damn, I loved fort condor though. Shame that got scrapped.
Never played Gwent in Witcher but really liking queens blood. I also like the funny characters you play against ("you destroyed my wall").

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
This feels like the Final Fantasy game fans have been longing for and dreaming about for 20 years. As video games have made their graphical leaps over the years, I can understand it became more difficult for the developers to create a fantasy world for us to explore and get sucked into. I know FFXV was an Open World game, but this feels like they finally got it right. There are no compromises with this one.

Fully controllable party? Check.
Explorable World Map? Check.
Deep RPG mechanics and customization? Check.
Mini games out the ass? Check.

I don't know why it took this long to finally get here, but better late than never I suppose. To me this feels like the first fully fledged next gen Final Fantasy game in a very long time.
Yea we need more Final Fantasy games in this style. I like it more than 15 and 16 already.

It takes a remake (remastered games too) of a Sakaguchi Final Fantasy to bring back the joy of the franchise for me.

Last edited:

DelireMan7

Starting to be hyped to start the Remake. (But now there is Helldivers 2, my ongoing run of Baldur's Gate 3 and then after a new run of Elden Ring for the DLC. And replay the original FF7...)

Just to be sure : the "full remake version of Final Fantasy 7" is :

1. Final Fantasy 7 Remake
  2. Final Fantasy 7 Intermission (and is Intergrade the same thing ?)
  3. Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth
  4. And a final episode to come

right ?

The only thing that even remotely makes me want to wait is to see when the inevitable PC version will be released. Wife is currently playing it on PS5 so they'll get our money twice regardless.
I double dipped for Remake and I thought the character models while in-control looked worse on PC than on PS5 and it's not like there were a ton of customization options. Maybe you should treat yourself and play it now alongside your wife.

Freeman76

Really enjoying this a lot more than the first one. The only downside is the graphics in performance mode, they actually are pretty terrible at times, but not bad enough to stop me playing.

Madflavor

Starting to be hyped to start the Remake. (But now there is Helldivers 2, my ongoing run of Baldur's Gate 3 and then after a new run of Elden Ring for the DLC. And replay the original FF7...)

right ?

FFVII: Remake Integrade is the name of the PS5 version of FFVII: Remake. Intermission is the name of the DLC Yuffie Chapter for Intergrade

Rebirth is Part 2 of this whole Remake Trilogy.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Well I did the recap and collected my Ramuh and Leviathan summons for completing Part 1 and Intermission

Watched the intro cutscene, barely played after but....what the fuck?
Everyone getting hauled off in helicopters and now Im...Zack? Bring on that Kingdom Hearts wackness baybeeee :messenger_grinning_smiling:

And I played Crisis Core last year and remember jack shit unfortunately :messenger_pensive: (except that I had a great time)

Now Im at the office and cant play until after 6 :messenger_confounded:

Last edited:

Pasta la Vista

Gold Member
Going to try to finish remake some time this week, this is looking like a huge upgrade over the first one, looking forward to it. Enjoy!

This battle against (Ch.3 spoilers) the Turks in the mine though, woooooo hoooooo hooooo! Elena is so dope, the cutscene choreography, that Red XIII save, got damn! , this is the game of forever right about now. Character interactions are so damn good across the board, so many conversations that are hilarious and heartfelt, makes me wish these old friends of ours were *real* and I was right there with them.

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Nice OT mortal mortal

Can't wait to go back to FFVII.

Gotta wrap up with Infinite Wealth, but my time has been scarse these past few days :messenger_pensive:

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler

right ?

You could probably also throw Crisis Core Reunion in there, too.

saintjules

right ?

Correct on your numbered order.

Intermission is the Yuffie DLC. Intergrade is the PS5 version of the game which is/was the free upgrade. That includes the higher FPS and improved graphics and such. Apparently there were some other changes to the main game

Last edited:

Mikey Jr.

Maybe I'm missing something, but what is this massive fire tornado that destroyed half of midgar? Like, I understand something happening in Zacks timeline because that's still a mystery I THINK. But in clouds timeline, the news is reporting that half of midgar has been blown up. When the fuck did that happen? Didn't we leave midgar peacefully? Why is no one acknowledging this?

I feel like I'm missing some huge plot point.

Mind you,if this is a spoiler, then don't spoil me. I'm only like 3 hours in lol.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Correct on your numbered order.

Intermission is the Yuffie DLC. Intergrade is the PS5 version of the game which is/was the free upgrade. That includes the higher FPS and improved graphics and such. Apparently there were some other changes to the main game

These are cool changes, The only difference I've noticed which fucks me up because of my playstyle is the fact that you can't switch modes while Guarding with Cloud.

In Remake, I'd get into a fight, realize it's an enemy I want to attack with the Punisher Mode Counterattack, and I'd guard before switching modes to ensure I didn't get ganked mid switch.

You can't change modes in Rebirth if you're holding Guard down.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Maybe I'm missing something, but what is this massive fire tornado that destroyed half of midgar? Like, I understand something happening in Zacks timeline because that's still a mystery I THINK. But in clouds timeline, the news is reporting that half of midgar has been blown up. When the fuck did that happen? Didn't we leave midgar peacefully? Why is no one acknowledging this?

Mind you,if this is a spoiler, then don't spoil me. I'm only like 3 hours in lol.

This is where Im at 10 minutes in. All the same questions :messenger_grinning_smiling:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

I think it's the destruction Sephiroth caused at the end (?) Not clear myself.

-

On topic. Firebolt Blade is a cure-all. 90% of enemies (in the first zone at least) are weak to either to one or the other element.

rofif

Banned
Just finished the prologue and entered Kalm... holy shit. Sadly I have to go to a party or something ffs.
My jaw is constantly on the floor. The game looks incredible. HDR looks great, cutscenes are fantastic, music is just from another world and the stort/characters are very engaging so far.
Keep in mind I never played original ff7 but i get the gist of it and it's bonkers what's going on.

Anyway - the art and how detail packed the game is, is great. I can't believe people focus on some bad textures here and there. This is so disingenuous.
I am playing 4k30 and I am already used to it. Animation motion blur is quite good. Shame about no camera motion blur but it's ok.

Top Bottom