• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A New Trailer for Final Fantasy VII Rebirth has been released

Lethal01

They're still using UE4 for FFVII Rebirth (albeit a modified version of it) so maybe with the 3rd part if they switch to Unreal Engine 5? And only if that one will be made from the ground-up for the PS6.

8w1529fbtjpb1.jpg
Source?

Seems to be just some random dude, peronalyy I think its 5 but right now we have nothing to confirm or deny

I remember reading from one of the info dumps from late last year that they'll be using UE4 that's why I mentioned it. That said, it's so fucking weird that I can't find a real source anymore. Even the wiki page itself mentions UE4, but there's no actual source behind that info.

hIYrjhw.png

Best I've found is from a rando video a screenshot where Naoki Hamaguchi is saying they'll be using UE4 still but heavily customized version of it.

fdz7R5F.png

Go_Ly_Dow

John Linneman noted before that the geometry looks to have a nanite kind of look to it so he wasn't sure if it was UE5 or UE4 previously, but now we basically know it's heavily modified UE4. I think it's becoming clearer that these consoles can't make the most of the UE5 full feature set without compromises, so I don't think there'd be much to gain visually from developing it on UE5 vs a customised UE4. The engine they've crafted has been engineered to make the game look and play how the developers want it to, so I'm not expecting them to switch to UE5 for the final part.

That said I could see an FFX Remake being developed with UE5 for PS6. 👀

Last edited:

gtabro

Yeah everything looks good in trailers.

Do tell me

if it's the 1st part of the remake - the good parts had too many boring side quests with PS3-looking NPCs as quest-givers? Like damn, why are they stretching a remake into 3 parts, people don't hate tight focused games last time I checked...

Neilg

Seems to be just some random dude, peronalyy I think its 5 but right now we have nothing to confirm or deny
It's not 5. They did plan to use 5 and did a lot of r&d before committing to porting it over, and ultimately decided 5 was not going to work.

Lethal01

It's not 5. They did plan to use 5 and did a lot of r&d before committing to porting it over, and ultimately decided 5 was not going to work.
Yeah, meant to say 4. I assumed it was for but had nothing to actually prove it other than the way the game looked.

Top Bottom