• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH |OT| 145.25GB OF Cloud Data

Are you playing in Graphics or Performance mode?

• Graphics

• Performance

Results are only viewable after voting.
Some more Final Fantasy VII Rebirth Launch Art, this time from SaGa Emerald Beyond artists

GHg4eH1a0AAWSSr
GHg6gkvWwAAZ-gj

GHg4hgtbcAAhLX8
GHg4jBXaIAA8tbn

jorgejjvr

Can someone explain to me the very beginning cutscene? First they are captured and later they are all together in present day telling a story from the past?

Last edited:
Pm me what i got wrong?
I also don't have full understanding yet but
basically just like at the end of the first game with Zack they show the alternate propaganda dog poster, somehow there is some timeline or alternate reality shenanigans going on - that's why Zack sees what he does and basically to me the implication was that since Cloud wasn't with them when they assaulted the tower the crew basically died. It's kind of confusing because they show that scene and then jump back to where the game starts with cloud recounting a memory. I'm sure they will explain it more later.

RhyDin

Disc 2 says "play disc" and I'm installing disc one now.

Do I need Disc 2 in all the time, every time I want to play?

jorgejjvr

I also don't have full understanding yet but
basically just like at the end of the first game with Zack they show the alternate propaganda dog poster, somehow there is some timeline or alternate reality shenanigans going on - that's why Zack sees what he does and basically to me the implication was that since Cloud wasn't with them when they assaulted the tower the crew basically died. It's kind of confusing because they show that scene and then jump back to where the game starts with cloud recounting a memory. I'm sure they will explain it more later.
Okay, so im not wrong to be confused lol ty

Is this just going to transform into the OT now?

The exploration is done so much better than 16 I mean it's miles above it in that regard I actually feel like I'm exploring areas and looking around and finding nooks and crannies. Very nice. Sure aspects of it could be better but I love the verticality even in some cases where it's not necessary at all. Great in that regard. I think the game looks great I know that there are some problems here and there with textures and things but honestly I don't care the scale of the game erases all that for me I think it's wonderful in terms of gameplay so far especially in comparison to XVI. Make a new FF similar to this!

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Disc 2 says "play disc" and I'm installing disc one now.

Do I need Disc 2 in all the time, every time I want to play?

Yes, unless you own the game digitally, disc 2 will need to be in the tray all the time.

Can someone explain to me the very beginning cutscene? First they are captured and later they are all together in present day telling a story from the past?

Did you skip the first part ? Legit question, it's a direct story continuation from where the first game (and Intergrades ending) left off.

Dynamic gets easier if you suck and gets harder if you're skilled. So... ~whistles and walks away~
But I'm not dying. Not losing to bosses... So where's the harder?

even when Barret and Red split off, I left their materia completely empty, beat the boss with no problems...

It's just easy again. I'm sure hard mode will be fun but have to get through the game first.

Muffdraul

But I'm not dying. Not losing to bosses... So where's the harder?
The harder is only shown to players who demonstrate skill. ;)

EDIT: I hereby publicly acknowledge I was totally off base here. Before playing the full game, I was under the impression "dynamic difficulty" meant if you played poorly it would ramp the difficulty down and if you played well it would ramp it up. Like RE4, the game that introduced me to the concept of dynamic difficulty.

After actually READING what it says in the difficulty options, now I know all it means is it raises the level on lower level enemies to match yours. So I'm playing on Normal and spending all weekend doing quests/activities in the Grasslands, and by the end I'm so leveled up the enemies in that area die just from me frowning at them. If I was playing on dynamic, they would still be putting up as much of a fight as they did back when I first entered the area.

Last edited:

Bkdk

I think I’ll be able to complete a normal play through in ps5, about 50-60 hrs playtime likely. Then I’ll get the pc with mods and tweaks for the complete play through. Hopefully pc releases together with whatever story dlc they would release on the same day. It’s honestly a miracle this day I can still play a game that long on console!

Vblad88

Reached green plains on first session and ugh…

Man, never thought I would said that, but skipping all the trailers, demos I found Rebirth to be a huge letdown graphic-wise (on quality setting) ! Characters animations are almost eurojanky in movement, lighting is overly bright and not very well directed. Low quality textures striked strongly than in the unpatched 1st remake… Terrain graphics concept seems all over the place between stylized and realistic, that it lands in sort of „more saturated Forspoken” territory in the end. Thank god that gameplay seems mega fun, a little faster than in first game, and that will definitely compensate, but it is gross to admit that Crisis Core remake was more consistent graphically within the „VII series” than this

Maybe they shouldn’t have touched the engine ? I don’t know, but it feels odd and out of place…

SkylineRKR

The supposed demo skip was a bit odd to me. I understand because there is new stuff in the full game thats very important. But the rest you've already seen seems to be unskippable save for the mountain trek.

rofif

Banned
2 hours in. I am playing with my mouth open lol. Game is so good.
I knew the graphical bitches were the usual no fun types. The game looks stunning. I play in 4k mode and other than lack of camera motion blur and a bit big deadzones, it’s an ok 30fps mode. Certainly looks so good that it’s hard to tell when cinematic ends!

And pulse elite first real test is proving itself. The game sounds fantastic. The music is it.

GametimeUK

As much as I hate the blurry performance mode I hate 30fps even more. Would have loved a cleaner image in performance mode or a day 1 PC port (that is actually optimised). But the game is great regardless so far. :)

GametimeUK

I played FFXVI on the 30fps mode and thought it was fine but Rebirth's 30fps mode is awful.
I hated 30fps on 16 too, but it was better than the wildly inconsistent performance mode.

What do you think the difference is between 16 and Rebirth at 30fps? I must admit 16 didn't bother me as much as other titles at 30fps.

Belthazar

I'm surprisingly engaged with the open world activities... I really thought I would hate most of it but they're all surprisingly fun. I also love how they connect with each other, like the springs that reveal the location of treasure hunts that provide alchemy recipes that are used in a side quest, or a nest of a very strong optional boss that's also part of a sidequest.

Mentioning that boss: it made me very glad that there are proper unique hunts and not just the battle reports which are basically just beefed up normal monsters.

Sidequests proper also range from okay to very good. Still haven't found a dud between those, as even the most bland ones still take you to a cool part of the world you maybe wouldn't have gone to otherwise.

I'm pleasantly surprised so far.

Last edited:

stickkidsam

So with the combat I’m conflicted. On the one hand I really like the new abilities, synergy attacks, etc. On the other hand it feels WAY too fast.

In the first game I would switch between characters, alternating as I built up their bars while launching abilities/spells with the others. That balanced well with the hack n’ slash combat because it took time to build up the ATB.

In Rebirth though the ATB seems to fill faster than Cloud can say “Not interested”. I almost have 2 bars within seconds of switching to a new character! Maybe I just need to change how I approach the flow of combat but I feel like I’m gonna have an aneurism xD

Is this just me? Am I crazy?

Hugare

I'm loving the game, but man, vacuuming up mako just to use an elevator is such needless padding

Why? The game is already more than 40h long. And then you have to do it again some minutes later.

Same for the "turn valve slowly 5 times". Not 3, not 4, 5 times.

I just cant understand these design choices

Last edited:

Quantum253

I'm loving the game, but man, vacuuming up mako just to use an elevator is such needless padding

Why? The game is already more than 40h long. And then you have to do it again some minutes later.

Same for the "turn valve slowly 5 times". Not 3, not 4, 5 times.

I just cant understand these design choices
Nostalgic purposes that seem to have been quirky odd tasks within the franchise? I found it annoying where the vacuum was far from the mako and having to take it through a tight corner.

Top Bottom