• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Stranger of Paradise | Reveal Trailer

In one way, I'm kinda digging it. I've missed cheesey and edgy action shit like this. Modern games take themselves way too seriously. The big publishers legitimately don't do those kinds of games anymore.

My only gripe is that its apparently part of the overall FF omniverse in some way. That just doesn't seem right.

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

Fucking Nomura…. He needs sacking
Its meant to be set in FF1 universe right?
This is some of the worst character designs ever. How did they approve this. So out of place….
HIjsCFa.jpg

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

Looks ok to me. The combat could be fun and the concept (an action game based on lore and characters from the FF series) was always something that i thought would have been cool as a spin off. It's obviously a low budget game but that could give them room to try some new things.
Unfortunately i'm not a fan of those new character designs. And the English VA is my God terrible.

If they stuck to classic character designs and change dialogue and voice actors it would be fine.

Isa

Is anybody able to get the Trial to work? my demo keeps saying its corrupted. I'm dling the demo for the third time now.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Damn, this looks awful. 20 seconds of that trailer and I turned it off in disguist - but not before I left a thumbs down on Youtube of course.

Brigandier

Good lord.... Shitty visuals, Awful character designs... yep it's Nomura so that's a given, Dumb annoying voice overs, No hit detection, No shadows or reflections and blah blah blah blah just fuck off what a shit game lol whatever, Using the FF brand for using it's sake.

Looks PS360 era?.

YukiOnna

no, they said they are done with NioH series for good and that he interested in celtic mythology.
He said the Celtic Mythology part, yes, but he also mused about taking the series to the Shinsengumi Period. The only thing he confirmed was the Nioh story that started in Nioh 1 ended.

"With Nioh CE and Nioh 2 CE, the story that we had built has come to an end. It’s reached a good point in the story where all the loose ends are tied up, so there are no plans for a sequel at this point. Of course, it’s something that is still possible in the future and that we will consider at a later date."

Even in Nioh 2, we’ve actually gone outside of the Sengoku period, such as going into the Heian period in the DLC expansion. So there’s no specific ties to the Sengoku period that we feel like we have to abide by. So it’s definitely possible for a potential sequel in the Nioh series to be in a different time period or even a completely different setting, and that’s something we’d like to take a challenge with in the future.

In terms of a sequel right now, Team Ninja would like to focus on working on new titles, so there really isn't a plan for Nioh 3 at this point. But after creating some new projects and gaining some new experience and skills from those new potential projects, I would like to go back to the series at some point, utilize all the experience and new skills that we gain from some new projects, and then potentially, go back into the series at that point, and create an even greater game to surpass Nioh and Nioh 2 and to create something even better.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if FF Origin was what they had in mind, but he's not the director of the game.

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Why did we lose a warrior of light?

I was about to say "Nah, the dragoon guy popped in halfway through the trailer, that must be the fourth WoL," and then I realized that was in the Babylon Fails trailer and my brain reflexively meshed them together because they both look so budget and uninspired. This is coming from a Final Fantasy whore, too.

Leaks and """insiders""" are terrible. If they didn't hyped this "Final Fantasy Souls" maybe expectations wouldn't have been so high.
Game looks bad, but it's clearly a B tier project. The game is already killed by unaccurate leaks.

Ok, then I understand that art is lazy and generic, graphics is old and style looks trash. I just hope they can turn the game up but I don't know if they can at this point lol.

Reactions: Isa

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Unfortunately, I'm not sure if FF Origin was what they had in mind, but he's not the director of the game.

Its very obviously running on the same engine and I find it unlikely that after nailing combat with Nioh and Nioh2 they would release something that doesn't factor in the lessons learned working on those projects.

As I said in another post, turn the sound off and just watch the trailer. It looks pretty decent to me.

YukiOnna

Leaks and """insiders""" are terrible. If they didn't hyped this "Final Fantasy Souls" maybe expectations wouldn't have been so high.
Game looks bad, but it's clearly a B tier project. The game is already killed by unaccurate leaks.

Ok, then I understand that art is lazy and generic, graphics is old and style looks trash. I just hope they can turn the game up but I don't know if they can at this point lol.
What I was expecting when I heard FF Souls was FF1's setting taken and you exploring the setting and its lore bits while playing as the original WoL...

YukiOnna

Its very obviously running on the same engine and I find it unlikely that after nailing combat with Nioh and Nioh2 they would release something that doesn't factor in the lessons learned working on those projects.

As I said in another post, turn the sound off and just watch the trailer. It looks pretty decent to me.
Oh I said earlier, I'm confident in the gameplay and it looks good. Already showing some of Nioh's mechanics, but the problem is everything else.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
The main guy looks like a npc from that FF15 multiplayer game. Lol
it could still end up being fun but lol.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Oh I said earlier, I'm confident in the gameplay and it looks good. Already showing some of Nioh's mechanics, but the problem is everything else.

Honestly, there wasn't really enough there to go on. Its all mostly one location and a very short trailer. I can't imagine the entire game is going to be set solely in the castle?

The baffling thing is why it looks so rough and janky? Honestly, if it runs on base Xbox One, its going to run at a locked 60 or even 120 on PS5/Series S or X hardware, so why does it look so consistently rough? Same deal with the sound design, I mean damn...

Top Bottom