• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin coming to Steam on April 6

Draugoth

Gold Member
Publisher Square Enix and developer Team NINJA will release the PC version of Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin via Steam on April 6, the companies announced.

Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin first launched for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Epic Games Store on March 18, 2022.

Here is a brief overview of the game, via Square Enix:

With the memory of their struggle buried deep in their hearts…
In this hard-core action RPG, Jack must hazard numerous challenges to bring the light of the crystals back to Cornelia, a kingdom conquered by darkness.
Fight your way through fierce battles with a variety of means to defeat your enemies. With multiple difficulty options and a wide selection of jobs and weapons available to customize your party, you can choose exactly how you want to play.

Will restoring the crystals’ light usher in peace or a new form of darkness?… Or perhaps something else entirely?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
just want ya'll to know

this is the best Final Fantasy that's been released since FFXII

don't be a hater, buy the game and enjoy the best Nioh-game since Nioh.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
oh and just a small info-bit for the ppl who are interested in the game

this game will absolutely demolish you

if you're in it for the ridiculously difficult and challenging gameplay, this game will tear your ass open after you beat it once and go to the next difficult.

and i'm not even talking about the two ADDITIONAL difficulty settings that arrived with the DLCs. holy moly, be prepared to spend hours researching OP shit before you start grinding

Kaachan

flacid or rock hard, that's the question
why-not-both.jpg

Yoshichan

Is this game any good? People seem to like it as a meme, but is it fun to play?
i mean this game is really fun because you get to destroy monsters

in comparison to let's say wo long, where the end game is finding flags and raising your morale (yay, so much fun), Stranger of Paradise makes you go out and fucking punch enemies in the face

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Is this game any good? People seem to like it as a meme, but is it fun to play?
  • Baseline combat similar to Nioh
  • New counter move lets you absorb enemy moves like a Blue Mage.
  • 30+ job classes
  • Switch between classes on the fly to buff with magic, attack elemental weaknesses or use multiple different types of melee
  • Story gets good at the very end, but it's pretty silly. Jack has hilarious dialogue.
  • Level design is weak.
  • Graphics are definitely AA.
  • Multiple solid boss fights.
Put in like 80 hours. I played it more than Elden Ring personally. The combat was just a ton of fun once you start to master it.

Last edited:

Yoshichan

the only, ONLY flaws with Stranger of Paradise are the following:

- if you can't stand replaying missions over and over again, avoid at all cost. this game will make you replay missions.
- if you can't stand framedrops, unfortunately this game has some maps that really goes down to the 45-50's.
- if you don't like to grind for gear, this game isn't for you.

however, if you DO like the following; you will fucking love this game:

- insta-parry mechanics
- Jack being Jack
- soundtrack based by the Gods, especially the boss music
- final fantasy fan-service deluxe (maps, bosses, enemies, items)

Top Bottom