• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Stranger of Paradise | Reveal Trailer

Javthusiast

Banned
hgG9PMu.png

Myths

Daisuke Inoue, the director of Final Fantasy Origin, worked on Dirge of Cerberus, FF13, and Lightning Returns
I was just about to say this is as grotesque as LR. As if they looked at LR as a base. Down to the art style kind of, since both seem like they could’ve run on a PS2. Even the logo design looks like amateur work with the layer style applied. 😂

Last edited:

sublimit

Banned
Looks ok to me. The combat could be fun and the concept (an action game based on lore and characters from the FF series) was always something that i thought would have been cool as a spin off. It's obviously a low budget game but that could give them room to try some new things.
Unfortunately i'm not a fan of those new character designs. And the English VA is my God terrible.

Last edited:

Fbh

The combat looks like it could be fun.

But everything else about it looks and sounds so fucking bad. I wouldn't even mind the PS3 graphics if at least the art direction was solid, but this is like the most generic and bland dark fantasy stuff with some rejected FFXIII NPC's

Man, just imagine an action based FF game in a colorful fantasy world with an Amano inspired art direction.

Last edited:
J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
I need more information. It feels like there's a catch here, or a potential bait and switch.

CAB_Life

I'm totally gonna play this machismo anime-trash and love every second of it. Reminds me of Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll. That game was critically panned, also by Koei, if I recall, and I adored it to bits.

Last edited:

Chukhopops

I refuse to believe that this trailer is real, this dialogue, this dub, those animations. This is one of those rare occurrences where a CG trailer would have been a better idea.

Nomura needs to be stopped before he shits on more Final Fantasy games…

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I thought we would have had lush green valleys with shrines of each summon. Each area would have well known Final Fantasy monsters with high attack outputs, big health bars, and utilizing defensive techniques is required to survive. It reminds me when Tecmo tried to copy Gears of War and made Quantum Theory. I’ll have to play it. It could be good? Definitely doesn’t feel like what I had imagined it would be.

Top Bottom