• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Sept 22-28 | 2 Fast 2 Fuerte: Tokido Drift

smurfx

get some go again
champ is going to destroy bee. although maybe champ keeps it close on purpose to give confidence to other potential MM victims.

mbpm1

Gets like 2.5 times the life bars Santarou gets every match lmao.

SS has the lead
SS sits down
Sako backdashes twice and uses healing
Sako has the lead

Sako made me actually want to use Elena for the first time since Ultra tho
godlike stuff

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
probably.

what's your problem with money matches?

How really dumb personal bets between individual players become premiere exhibition events in our community

Like no one thinks Bee or whoever is in Fchamp's league and it doesn't sound like many people would interested in a long set between the two otherwise

but because he scraped together like 500-1000 dollars to put up against him, it's now an event that everyone is talking about

Like if what Enzo said is the case:

I guess it's simply a top player thing, you need to put the bread up to even get a chance to play them.

Then that's just dumb as hell to me.

Only if you think betting in general is stupid.

I think alot of stuff people do with their money is stupid.

But it's their own business. I just wish they'd keep it that way instead of making a spectator's event out of it all.

It just seems like such a negative thing to me. I don't know how else to put it.

How really dumb personal bets between individual players become premiere exhibition events in our community

Like no one thinks Bee or whoever is in Fchamp's league and it doesn't sound like many people would interested in a long set between the two otherwise

but because he scraped together like 500-1000 dollars to put up against him, it's now an event that everyone is talking about

Like if what Enzo said is the case:

Then that's just dumb as hell to me.

I think alot of stuff people do with their money is stupid.

But it's their own business. I just wish they'd keep it that way instead of making a spectator's event out of it all.

It just seems like such a negative thing to me. I don't know how else to put it.

Your opinion is dumb. Hype rules everything

petghost

Banned
Hey guys, just wanted to show off some of GAFer Pehesse's work on her indie VN fighting game mashup and I thought you might like how cool it's gotten lately!

LastingPowerlessAnnashummingbird.gif

I really love the way it looks, really good art style!

i like the style but man that seems like a lotta superfluous animation for a fg. like the recovery from the dash for instance.

Maybe it's the same trajectory as MvC2, where the strata of players who get top 8/16s at tournaments give up on trying to surpass the "gods" or win a major, and spectators lose interest because the results and matches become predictable, so everyone gravitates towards high stakes money matches.

Rejoice, because it means Marvel is on life support!

The DOTA 2 change is definitely controversial though. I feel like the mechanic will remain but it will get toned down a bit. The EXP comeback is perfectly fine, the gold comeback is a bit too much.

The whole point of the mechanic is to make use of the full scope of the game's mechanics, heroes and items as well as being a way to preven premature GGs call. Some items and heroes got no use in the previous patch because snowball game play was so strong.

In any case this is like no where near comparable to some of the comebacks in fighting games.

It's just interesting to hear a new group of people discuss the principle of comeback mechanics, and seeing the same sort of complaints pop up. Pro player salt is always delicious, however.

F Champ must have a million people that want to play him at every tournament and his time is valuable. It makes sense that you'd have to put up some money to play him.

Shouta

Champ sits down to play casuals but he's the same as Tokido, he'll prioritize cash when it's there. For reference. Both of those players sat down and played casuals at NWM for quite awhile because folks just wanted to play.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Does anyone have examples to any quality commentary by Yipes? Because thus far I've heard "Oh, shit" twenty times and little else.

Really? He usually explains tactics pretty well, you just have to find the right matches. I know he explained one of Magneto's option selects with his plink dash, an freaking automatic grab, so retarded.

Casuals are one thing, an exhibition is another. Presumably Bee wants to make a statement, so it's only fair for Champ to require money for that.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm.

Well at least I'll admit there's a lot I haven't considered when it comes to MM's

CPS2

I generally like money matches, unless they're all anyone cares about. Like if people sandbag during a tournament then use the mm to prop themselves up as the final boss afterwards even if they lost (on purpose or whatever) then it can come across as extremely disrespectful.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I find it funny ArcSys is going to be keeping 3 games updated and rolling out new versions/sequels, and capcom is stuck only doing SF4 :p

Zissou

I find it funny ArcSys is going to be keeping 3 games updated and rolling out new versions/sequels, and capcom is stuck only doing SF4 :p

This... is partially why I'm semi-jumping ship (still gonna play marvel though). ALL ABOARD THE XRD TRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIN

horseheadevoemujf.gif

Top Bottom