• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | July 14-20 | Bracket Resets Full of Tears (of Joy?)

the real sad thing about emp for me was that Nelson (Remix) had faith in EMP for so long even up till his death. Kind of sad that his dream never came to fruition in life or after death.

I mean, triforce has to be a real smooth talker to get so many people. Tampa Bison, Yipes, Nuckledu, M2K, and etc.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Question: Is Nvidia GEForce GT 740M sufficient to run next gen fighters?

Also, my wishlist for Tekken 7:

1. Tekken Tunes needs to be a standard for fighting games and I expect it to return in Tekken 7.

2. A proper return for the World Tekken Federation service (now with ability to upload replays directly to youtube).

3. Continuation of online practice mode (with additional ability to do a position reset).

4. NEW Tournament mode with ability to plan online and offline tournaments with a large number of competitors.

5. Continued banning of online boosters/cheaters (Namco is the only company that has done this for fighting games, I think).

6. Button check at character select screen. Will save a lot of time at tournaments.

7. Online cross-play between PS4/PC and XBONE/PC versions.

8. Proper tutorial for newcomers. This is very important. Tutorial must go above and beyond. If they have the development time and resources, each character should have their own separate tutorial outlining launchers, tracking moves, puniers, juggles, etc.

9. A massive change in default character costumes. I know they want to maintain an iconic look for each character but I need a Tekken 4-type of change.

10. I want all the characters that spoke English before (not every character) to speak English again (i.e. Lili, Christie, Leo, etc). I'm in the minority on this one, I'm sure. Though, Miguel should still speak Spanish. English VA not very suitable for his character.

11. Return of Tekken Ball in glorious next-gen graphics.

12. Return of Tekken Force.

13. "The Final Battle" seems to indicate this will be the final Mishima storyline so I want the story to be epic (despite this being a fighting game).

14. The new characters need to be REALLY good. No more animu Alisa and Lars-type of characters. Alisa also needs to go into killer robot mode and get rid of that cheery persona.

15. Give players option to only see default costumes when playing against others online. Personally doesn't affect me as much but I know custom outfits are a turn off for some people.

Quite the extensive list and I agree with most of it. However, I don't know if Harada is interested in spreading online play between PC and Console, seems like more money that he might not be willing to spend on budget but who knows. That's just my assumption on it.

I have a GT740M in my laptop and it runs SF4 with everything maxed at 60FPS, but that's the only thing I play on PC so I can't really help with other games.

Got the same card, *brofist*

WTF? CAPCOM PLS

And THIS guy is working on MKX. Ladies and gentlemen I give you 16-Bit.

Bound fixed like everything wrong & unbalanced about Tekken 5's juggle system with one mechanic.

It allowed for larger # of moves to gain utility in combos, it create far more oki options for characters, fixed the problem with risk/reward on hopkicks and other launchers as catching a character floating ment actual damage, it fixed the huge problem with bnb combo utility, evening the playing field, create a new kind of rest, made backroll catching universally stronger which feeds back into better oki options for the lacking cast members.

Bound adds oki options and bound standardizes combos, so every character has good damage. It's similar to how every character in mvc3 can launch and get at least good damage, whereas in mvc2 a lot of characters couldn't do shit and were useless compared to the top 4. T6/TTT2 have much better balance than T5 and a large part of it is bound.

I don't really enjoy Bound, it basically reduces the game to the problem I have with SFxT now. Fishing for a single hit for a long ass combo for big damage and then back into the neutral game for another round of that. It technically makes neutral really important but it becomes the neutral equivalent of an arms race where you only play a certain type of neutral that works for that combo focused meta game.

As I've gotten better at neutral, I've begun to enjoy SFIV more than SFxT's versions and it kind has transferred over to Tekken as well. It works for Tag but I don't know if it'd be great for a single char Tekken.

Wow, the community is kinda split on this... Or is it just this forum that's like that? Someone throw me a bone...

livestreamer has saved my streaming life.

i recommend anyone who has a weaker pc/laptop that has issues streaming to try it. My craptop could barely stream the mobile quality, but i can stream at highest quality with it on vlc!

That dominican HP/Sony Vaio laptop you got ain't gonna do anything man. Upgrade and get a good laptop!

Why you gotta be like that man I thought we were pals

He's just being tsundere Smedwicks. He usually shows the most hate to people he loves the most.
I know that was the case for me. Kappa

JDdelphin

the real sad thing about emp for me was that Nelson (Remix) had faith in EMP for so long even up till his death. Kind of sad that his dream never came to fruition in life or after death.

I mean, triforce has to be a real smooth talker to get so many people. Tampa Bison, Yipes, Nuckledu, M2K, and etc.

Remix was the last true believer for sure.

I think a lot of people gave EMP another shot or went with it a little lomger than they would jave for him or as a tribute to him and his vision of how things could be

JDdelphin

Is this honestly the best we can do for title Enzo? God damn, and I thought we were gonna have another week of a good title.

FGW | You can't spell unemployed without EMP.

See now I just say 'FGW| unEMPloyed' and it's better :p

or maybe FGW| unEMPloyed, besides tekken lol

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
See now I just say 'FGW| unEMPloyed' and it's better :p

or maybe FGW| unEMPloyed, besides tekken lol

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Lnao this movie is terrible

Chun li kinda cute tho

images

JDdelphin

FGW| EMP EXOD SHOCK LEAVES T.FORCE IN THE D.HOUSE

[/jjonahjameson]

IT POPS, IT SIZZLES. I LOVE IT. GET MY EX ON THE PHONE. WHERE'S PARKER?

Top Bottom