• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Dec 1-7 | Guest characters are banned

Dahbomb

You guys over used that word and destroyed it's meaning. Also she looks 20 that is not loli, she look borderline to troll people. And it worked hook line and sinker.
That looks like a 20 year old to you? Yea ok buddy.

This excuse of "lol troll" character is awful and why shit like Box art Megaman and Rufus are panned by the people who play these games. No one thinks this shit is clever, it's just offensive to the senses.

Karst I have read the Lolita book but the whole loli culture is something else.

ShinMaruku

That's the thing of how 20 looks to people sometimes what is 20 to is not 20 to another. I use that fact to catch people on stream with Ai Shinozaki :p

But really you guys have overused loli, if you want to go by the strict classifcation she's too tall and has too big of tits and is a troll.

So Max was going over the SFV gameplay on his stream, and I had a thought, would you prefer if the "elemental" thng they have going on (Ryu's lightning that seems to enhance combos and Chun-Li's water that seemingly grants EX moves) were character specific Instinct Mode style deals, or Grooves?

Electric Groove, activate to add hitstun on attacks?
Water Groove, grants unlimited EX moves for a time?

vs

Chun-Li can activate a mode to do EXes, Ryu activates Denjin mode to do whatever.

Dahbomb

Please link me to these age, height and tit size classifications for what a "loli" is.

And ask the general population if they think that is a 20+ year old. I call bull shit on that too.

Infinite

This excuse of "lol troll" character is awful and why shit like Box art Megaman and Rufus are panned by the people who play these games. No one thinks this shit is clever, it's just offensive to the senses.

She's not a lolita. Chill, dude.

kirblar

So Max was going over the SFV gameplay on his stream, and I had a thought, would you prefer if the "elemental" thng they have going on (Ryu's lightning that seems to enhance combos and Chun-Li's water that seemingly grants EX moves) were character specific Instinct Mode style deals, or Grooves?

vs

Chun-Li can activate a mode to do EXes, Ryu activates Denjin mode to do whatever.
I definitely think that might be what's going on- Chun Li having Water over Electric for an element definitely raised an eyebrow for me.

ShinMaruku

If you seen the animes electricity was always a thing in the hadouken so not sure where that elemental groove thing is coming from. It was always kinda lightningy.

ShinMaruku

Will need to see more characters to see if this is just merely not a stylistic thing. Because the Shotos were always implied with electricity. You could have a point. Could also be a art style thing. :)

El Sabroso

vs

I think that chun li's is just sweat like UMvC3 intro and Ryu using the denjin mode from that same game

I-hate-u

regarding Max's theory, I wonder if there will be specific matches that will be harder depending on element. Like a water element character will be weaker against a lightning character.

Kinda like in Naruto.

Dahbomb

regarding Max's theory, I wonder if there will be specific matches that will be harder depending on element. Like a water element character will be weaker against a lightning character.

Kinda like in Naruto.
We Pokemon now.

And in Naruto water is weak against earth not electricity.

So which platform are you guys getting SF5 on? Probably going to buy a PS4 just for this game.

Both, already have a PS4 and my PC should be decent enough to play this game. I'll probably upgrade my graphics card sometime next year though just in case. The rest of my PC should still be good enough, it's just the graphics card that I think will be holding it back somewhat(GTX 460). Really looking forward to cross play though. Finally not having to worry about not being able to play friends and others just because you guys have it different platforms is great to know.

I've always thought elements would be interesting in a fighting game. I always imagined how cool it would be to have an Avatar game where matchups had a lot to do with what kind of bender your character was.

Infinite

I have a PS4 but I wanna build a gaming PC in the near future. So at this point I'm not sure what platform I'll get SF5 for. I just hope more fighting games come to PC

I've always thought elements would be interesting in a fighting game. I always imagined how cool it would be to have an Avatar game where matchups had a lot to do with what kind of bender your character was.

pokemon20140827_01.jpg

Azure J

So which platform are you guys getting SF5 on? Probably going to buy a PS4 just for this game.

PS4 looks like it's going to be my "everything that isn't exclusive to PC or Wii U" console so that.

my senior film is 15 minutes long as of now

its supposed to be under 10

i'm fucked

As of right now, I have three accounting assignments, a physics write up and a psychology presentation to prepare for on top of studies for finals a week from now. After Thanksgiving, it just felt like everything piled up on me and I can't get through it all in a satisfactory way. =/

Sheroking

The elements thing could be interesting. Like, if they activate fire, you activate water, etc. Could add something unique to the meta game.

I think it's probably just character specific "states" though, maybe in place of Ultra meter or perhaps just something you're given once per game like X-Factor, that would add properties to your moves. Like, Denjin mode gives Ryu electric five-hit fireballs, a launcher, more hit-stun (hence how he seemed to combo cr.forward into denjin hadoken, which I really hope he just can't do). Maybe it increases your guard crush stun or something, so it's easier to guard break.

Oh wait I completely forgot, steam box's are supposed to come out this year right? I might just get one of those instead of a ps4 to play SF5.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
All that remains is for Sega to announce VF6.

Capcom Cup is going to be so hype. I hope I don't have to go anywhere.

USD

TOPANGA LEAGUE 4 (A) FINAL

Today decides everything.

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv193028437 - Free viewing period over.

Today's matches:

Uryo (C.Viper) vs. Bonchan (Sagat)
7-5 ☆ ○●○●○○●●●○○
sako (Elena) vs. Momochi (Ken)
6-8 ☆ ●○●○○○●○●●●|●●
Umehara (Evil Ryu) vs. Bonchan (Sagat)
7-1 ☆ ○○○●○○○
Michael-tan (Ken/Sagat) vs. Uryo (Chun-Li/C.Viper)
5-7 ☆ ●●○●○●●○●○●
Umehara (Evil Ryu) vs. sako (Ibuki)
7-3 ☆ ○●●○○○○●○

Final results:

1. Umehara (Evil Ryu) - 1,000,000 yen
2. Momochi (Ken) - 300,000 yen
3. sako (Elena, Ibuki) - 150,000 yen
4. Bonchan (Sagat) - 80,000 yen
5. Uryo (Chun-Li, C.Viper) - 50,000 yen
6. Michael-tan (Ken) - 20,000 yen
7. Kazunoko (Yun)
8. NEMO (Rolento)
9. TOKIDO (Akuma)
10. Pugera (Ibuki)
11. SANTAROU (Sagat)
12. Fuudo (Fei Long)

Pugera, SANTAROU and Fuudo drop to B League. NEMO and TOKIDO must play in the A-B switch matches after the next B League.

I think elemental grooves could be really cool.

Electric Groove, activate to add hitstun on attacks
Water Groove, grants unlimited EX moves for a time
Fire Groove, additional damage
Earth Groove, additional defense
Air Groove, additional speed
Metal Groove, super armor

Metal Gief vs Air Gief
Fire Ken vs Water Ryu
Electric Remy vs Earth Ingrid (Capcom pls)

OceanBlue

I think elemental grooves could be really cool.

Electric Groove, activate to add hitstun on attacks
Water Groove, grants unlimited EX moves for a time
Fire Groove, additional damage
Earth Groove, additional defense
Air Groove, additional speed
Metal Groove, super armor

Metal Gief vs Air Gief
Fire Ken vs Water Ryu
Electric Remy vs Earth Ingrid (Capcom pls)

Sounds like a shallower Arcana Heart lol.

Uryo going in

Edit: What's the A stand for in the W-L column up top?

Probably advantage. Uryo had a better record than Bonchan (or something like that, I can't remember exactly what it was) so he went in with a 1 game lead.

Rainy

Banned
Probably advantage. Uryo had a better record than Bonchan (or something like that, I can't remember exactly what it was) so he went in with a 1 game lead.

According to eventhubs he had a worse record? So maybe that's why he got the advantage.

That Bonchan fist pump tho!

Rainy

Banned
lol i was going to go to sleep but this match and daigo vs bonchan after...

edit: well free viewing period is over anyway lmao.

I'd still be watching this right now if I knew how to pay for it. But my card didn't get accepted last time so I've given up. As for the league, I guess with Sako's defeat Daigo will win the whole thing if he beats Bonchan with his last match with Sako not mattering because head 2 head matters more than game differential. And he has that over Momochi who is the only player other than Daigo that can finish with 1 loss or less.

TOPANGA LEAGUE 4 (A) FINAL

Today decides everything.

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv193028437 - Free viewing period over.

Today's matches (not in order):

Uryo (C.Viper) vs. Bonchan (Sagat)
7-5 ☆ ○●○●○○●●●○○
sako (Elena) vs. Momochi (Ken)
6-8 ☆ ●○●○○○●○●●●|●●
Umehara (Evil Ryu) vs. Bonchan (Sagat)
7-1 ☆ ○○○●○○○
Michael-tan (Ken/Sagat) vs. Uryo (Chun-Li/C.Viper) Umehara (Evil Ryu) vs. sako (Elena/Ibuki)
Current situation:

At the start of today, four players were in contention for the crown: Umehara, Momochi, Bonchan and sako.

With their respective losses, Bonchan and sako are now out of reach of first place, leaving Momochi (finished at 4-1) and Umehara (3-0 with two matches remaining). If there is a tie in records, Umehara will win the tie, since he beat Momochi in their match on Friday. So for Momochi to win, Umehara must lose his matches against Bonchan and sako. If Umehara wins either, he claims the championship.

welp

Top Bottom