• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Apr 6-12 | Fighting Games Weekly | Apr 6-12 | DaiGOAT

Exr

It's that time once again...
qCu2Z5f.jpg
Third Strike or Garou. Nothing else matters.

pixelish

when are they going to upload smug vs poongko? i really want to see smug's reaction after poongko took off his shirt once again. that shit was hilarious.

I don't get it.
I had easter holiday obligations, egg hunts, and spring cleaning. Every time I tried the stream, it was dying or there was silent promotion screens.

All you need to know is on the thread title

Stream had to be restarted?
So wrong version? How long was that running?

JeTmAn81

I was really confused by the replayed matches. I'd watched them earlier then turned the stream off, but then I turned it back on and it was the same matches again. It was...disorienting.

it's in the rules of the cpt that capcom/ncr is allowed to redo the matches. I mean you can't get mad that they were allowed to do that. Obviously them messing up the patch and not testing before hand is a huge fault, which shows that there is a flaw with how they do the setups. I mean as a player in that spot who has time to check version numbers, you expect the TO to do it. I'd propose that all TOs should just have a checklist they hand out to pool runners/stream runners for setting up the games. Go through it and check each thing to make sure everything is running correctly

Shackzam

Smug better watch them FAs against dud's overhead
He's wasn't grabbing on wake up because he's thought they were already expecting it based on his last matches he had against them. He had the reinforce the grab mix up because focus attack blows up a lot of his mix ups. I still can't believe smug wasn't recognising it.

NZOO

Banned
He's wasn't grabbing on wake up because he's thought they were already expecting it based on his last matches he had against them. He had the reinforce the grab mix up because focus attack blows up a lot of his mix ups. I still can't believe smug wasn't recognising it.

Smug just presses a lot of buttons and doesn't play well under pressure. Mentally he was defeated and couldn't come up with anything,

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Anyone see Spooky's tweet about smoking up? rofl.

Also good old R / Kappa always got the dirt.

n205miA.jpg

Justin Bong.

mbpm1

He was mentally beaten since round 1 against Daigo imo. There was no chance he would adapt.

BadWolf

One adjustment that Daigo made overall is a better balance between offence and defense. In recent times he would often be more defensive, often walk back etc. while throwing fireballs.

This time he was a lot more aggressive about going in, often doing multiple dashes forward and walking in to start pressure with cr. MK. Even when on defense he was a lot more willing to let a DP rip instead of continuing to block or back dashing out of pressure.

Felt like he studied up the most from last weekend.

Still, kinda wish he had to face some of Fuudo, Momochi, Kazunoko and Bonchan etc. to get the win.

Imo Daigo's style of play is still the most exciting to spectate.

JeTmAn81

One adjustment that Daigo made overall is a better balance between offence and defense. In recent times he would often be more defensive, often walk back etc. while throwing fireballs.

This time he was a lot more aggressive about going in, often doing multiple dashes forward and walking in to start pressure with cr. MK. Even when on defense he was a lot more willing to let a DP rip instead of continuing to block or back dashing out of pressure.

Felt like he studied up the most from last weekend.

Still, kinda wish he had to face some of Fuudo, Momochi, Kazunoko and Bonchan etc. to get the win.

He seemed a lot smoother with E. Ryu overall, not nearly as many combo drops as in some past matches. I guess playing the character for a year plus will help with that.

JeTmAn81

What should come back? Garou. Love watching that game. Dat Gato <3

Who's getting MKX next week?

I'm not getting MKX (too poor to pay $60, I just bought MK9 recently for $6!) but the launch trailer looked really hype. I'd like to play it.

pixelish

yoooo spooky blowing scumbags up
Team Spooky &#8207;@teamspooky 2m
To the person who may have 'accidentally' taken 2 new ps4 sticks from the back: Plz return them. There was a cam we can find out who u were

Day one for me. I've got a few local folks who are also getting it day one, so I'll be playing the game heavily with them.

Haven't had a fighting game release in a long while where a good bulk of my scene is also interested, so I'm very excited.

FourMyle

What should come back? Garou. Love watching that game. Dat Gato <3

Not next week since I'm still busy with Bloodborne and Pillars Of Eternity but hopefully by the end of this month. Doubt I'll play it online for long at all. I just want it for dat story mode.

Watching MKX SP footage has turned me into a believer btw. It would be really great if SF5 had a story mode like that, and I say that as someone who has only ever beaten 2 SF games despite playing the series since I was a little kid.

Imm0rt4l

Smug just presses a lot of buttons and doesn't play well under pressure. Mentally he was defeated and couldn't come up with anything,
This post is so incredibly dismissive. He lost to daigo and gamerbee.

Just presses a lot of buttons, because apparently that works for dudley. He was mentally guard broken though.

ShinMaruku

I just love when the UShypes up a player and then the world spits them out the hype is deflated. Like SnakeEyez winning Capcom cup. Nobody REALLY thought that. US Scene is too fragmented. Maybe when we get a few years of this 500k pot and there is more cross regional play we can get somewhere.

I'm just salty when people think Jamaican they think Triforce :E

Shackzam

I just love when the UShypes up a player and then the world spits them out the hype is deflated. Like SnakeEyez winning Capcom cup. Nobody REALLY thought that. US Scene is too fragmented. Maybe when we get a few years of this 500k pot and there is more cross regional play we can get somewhere.

Or DeeJay.

pixelish

nowadays i think of pie sci when i think of jamaica.

Village

It's that time once again...
qCu2Z5f.jpg

for nolvely's sake, fighting jam.

Not because its good, but it would be hilarious to see people get extra hype of capcom vs capcom mugen edition. And even funnier if someone found a secret layer of depth that made the game good.

Top Bottom