• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fable Impressive First In-Game Trailer Was Captured on Xbox Series X

I do have to say their facial capture is pretty terrible. Hence the average townfolk girl looking particularly weird, hence people thinking she’s hideous.

oldergamer

Am I the only one who, while watching the showcase, thought that the main character intentionally looks like that, as a joke? The Fable series was known for its sense of humor (watch the fairy reveal trailer), so I assumed it was making light of how hero characters traditionally are very good looking.
I actually thought that too. She was the complete opposite of what the giant is describing a hero type is.

GymWolf

Its looking like a 2025 game, those other games are due this year. They are at very different points in the development cycle. Seriously pal you're not making any sense, marketing a game 2 years out from release? 🤣
Something missed my previous list with a couple of examples of games with real vertical slices 2 years or more before release.

Before it was a normal thing, not sure why you think otherwise.

Days gone
Horizon
Tsushima
Gow 2018
Tlou2
Etc.

You people have short or selective memory as usual.

I don't believe for a fucking second that you prefer an "ingame" cinematic over how they did it in the past with actual long gameplay video that show the actual gameplay and what to expect.

Right now you know exactly what you knew about the game before this trailer, you have zero info about the plot, the gameplay, the combat or anything.
We know it's a fable game and that's it.

Last edited:

Moses85

Why are you trying to burn your future wife?

No Thank You Reaction GIF

Already forgiven to a much uglier witch.

She is
Pointing At You Seth Meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Celebrate In Love GIF by Max

Acidjuice

Neo Member
i dont see how those scenes can be translated through a player controlling the game, especially with the zoom in during the block and the slo-mo during the kick. It seems much more a show of some elements they plan to have in the combat system than a direct representation of the combat

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
i dont see how those scenes can be translated through a player controlling the game, especially with the zoom in during the block and the slo-mo during the kick. It seems much more a show of some elements they plan to have in the combat system than a direct representation of the combat

The animations and visuals will be the same, of course some camera work will be different and there will be a HUD, but the idea is that the animations etc you're seeing are representative of the actual game. Not that that is how the camera will work when you're playing.

Last edited:

hyperbertha

The animations and visuals will be the same, of course some camera work will be different and there will be a HUD, but the idea is that the animations etc you're seeing are representative of the actual game. Not that that is how the camera will work when you're playing.
The game looks great, but it's highly likely it's a ghost of tsushima/tlou 2 esque vertical slice gameplay made to look as good as possible before the inevitable downgrades.

The fact that they are so shy about it doesn't help matters. This level of graphics in real-time gameplay is unprecedented so you'll have to forgive some skepticism, especially as it's a game from a racing studio.

Acidjuice

Neo Member
i might be wrong but i think a lot of the combat feel is done by the camera and movement, and by them displaying something that obviously going to be very different from the final product its not much different than if they showed a choreographed cut scene

X-Wing

i get what you guys mean when you say its in-game gameplay but i highly doubt that this will be representative of the final product we will get to play.
Why? These look like "cinematic" combat moves, probably triggered by QTE or some combo or event. It's not really far from what you see on Forbidden West and that was a cross gen game. I'm sure the final product won't be that far from this...

Majormaxxx

If this really is what our protagonist looks like, I'm getting this on gamepass and will just repeatedly throw her off of a cliff.

wkh86o1.jpg
One of the designers is a trans non binary and made a self insert with this. The designer looks like a slightly, very slightly more masculine version of this.

Not a great choice in my book.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Wow, whole 3 seconds of gameplay! Don't blink or you'll miss it!

CGI and in-engine/in-game cutscenes should be banned from all showcases.
I play the "gameplay", not the cutscenes!

In-Engine cutscenes are some of the best part of showcases though.

One of the designers is a trans non binary and made a self insert with this. The designer looks like a slightly, very slightly more masculine version of this.

Not a great choice in my book.

Can yall stop with the Transphobia please!!!!?

Because the settings is in medivial.
The character isn't a hot knight who doesn't get dirty. This is an accurate representation of medivial times.

c0ad135763a03cceba1b5d932e.jpg

Only rich people were hygiene enough to be pretty.
Those women are way better looking than the mc in this fable game. Those women actually look like women, maybe poor but still women. The fable mc looks like an ugly mam with washboard chest.

There is even rumor (not saying true) of a self-insert from a dev, the resemblance is remarkable.

Last edited:

EDMIX

There is no "ifs" about it. That character is based directly on that actress. Did you miss the earlier part of the the thread where people were claiming that the character was based of some trans dude that's one of the devs?
And to address you're actual comment:
harrison-ford-who-gives-a-shit.gif

Get on-topic, you're embarrassing yourself.

This.

I also don't get the point of people saying shit like someone purposely made them "ugly" when this idea is subjective, it would be like saying why did McDonalds MAKE their food nasty...ON PURPOSE solely based on someone not fucking liking it.

Someone's subjective opinion is not fucking proof of some conspiracy to purposely make them not like something. By default they subjectively will freely like or dislike what they feel like it, no one needs to do shit for that view to exist lol

Those women are way better looking than the mc in this fable game. Those women actually look like women, maybe poor but still women.

And? You could feel that way about any woman though....

So the woman in that Fable game is factually a woman, you not liking how she looks like doesn't negate the fact that she is a woman, it merely means you think those other women look "way better looking", you are free to feel that way, its a subjective idea.

I don't see the need though to create a conspiracy based on your subjective opinion of something, it doesn't actually make much sense.

I find many, many women ugly, but as an artist myself, how the fuck am I tell someone else a character looks like a man or something, when females literally exist...in real life, for a fact...that look that way? This means someone during those medieval times indeed looked ugly, so the idea of making some conspiracy about this is odd, people factually fucking differ in looks.

We can go outside and handpick 1000 women and I'm sure many of them will be ugly based on your opinion and my own....if we put them in a game about the very city we are making a fucking game about, where is the conspiracy?

Is the point to ignore reality or something? So of all the things going on in the Fable trailer, I never gave a shit about how that person looked like, they look like a human in that functional world.

Ugly? Sure...but ugly people exist in real life, my opinion on the matter is not enough to point towards some view that someone purposefully made them look that way to offend, hurt or have me upset or anything odd like that, it is to strangely fucking assume EVERYONE is ok with how EVERYONE looks, that clearly isn't true, thus can't be some wild conspiracy.

By default we view things subjectively and I don't think anyone can be placed in a game where even just us in GaF 100% agree on looks good or bad etc. So how the fuck could someone make any character using this dumb logic? smh 100% can't be pleased in this regard.

MarkMe2525

You have not been following gaming very long have you?
Here is the fundamental issue. Your assertion is in direct contradiction to the only available evidence we have, this being a statement from one of the developers of the game in question. You very well could be right, but you will have no evidence of this until the game is released, or further footage is released. It's a fool's gambit to continue with the debate at this time until further evidence supports your assertion.

Rykan

The fire ball, the close line all actual gameplay. Animation Dev confirmed on Twitter. It's ok to be wrong, I've been wrong before. Everyone has
Where exactly has the Animation dev in question confirmed that the footage is taken from actual gameplay?

Top Bottom