• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fable Impressive First In-Game Trailer Was Captured on Xbox Series X

Downgrades do happen from inengine but it does seem like there is a second or two of game play. We will have to wait for a new slice hopefully next year.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

To me, it's a failure of marketing to have gameplay available to be showcased and then presented in a cinematic fashion. Thats not what a realtime trailer should do.

They shouldve just done a full walkthrough of this section. If its a real level then show it. You have an hour long show. Whats the rush?

They should just release that level. I dont care if its a fake vertical slice that wont be in the game. Just show it. The game looks fucking stunning, lets see more than a few seconds of gameplay.

Just look at how much impact Avatar and Star Wars walkthroughs made. No one asked if they were CG. This game looks better. MS really needs to showcase their games better. They are sitting on a goldmine here and they have no clue how to market it.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Which one of you guys did this?
Thats not a woman.

E3uNRjR.jpg

Lily Nichol is the woman in the game.

Just Google "Lily Nichol actor" and look at her. Looks just like she does in the game (facial expressions and all) except she's just completely barefaced in Fable, looking more like a normal woman without makeup/foundation (if you've ever seen one in real life).

You people (kids?) are a bunch of weirdos.

DKehoe

Just Google "Lily Nichol actor" and look at her. Looks just like she does in the game (facial expressions and all) except she's just completely barefaced in Fable, looking more like a normal woman without makeup/foundation (if you've ever seen one in real life).

The culture war makes people unhinged.

just watched the trailer for the first time lmao wtf is this? lol another female lead intentionally uglified because reasons, makes it easy to stop following and redirect my time and money elsewhere

Nl4TNwl.jpg

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
just watched the trailer for the first time lmao wtf is this? lol another female lead intentionally uglified because reasons, makes it easy to stop following and redirect my time and money elsewhere

Nl4TNwl.jpg
This is not nearly as ugly as the character I plan to create.

My Fable 2 character was a morbidly obese woman with a beard + pirate hat who ate every pie she could find. And any time one of my husbands commented on my appearance, I beat them. Wish I had a picture #feministAF

To me, it's a failure of marketing to have gameplay available to be showcased and then presented in a cinematic fashion. Thats not what a realtime trailer should do.

They shouldve just done a full walkthrough of this section. If its a real level then show it. You have an hour long show. Whats the rush?

They should just release that level. I dont care if its a fake vertical slice that wont be in the game. Just show it. The game looks fucking stunning, lets see more than a few seconds of gameplay.

Just look at how much impact Avatar and Star Wars walkthroughs made. No one asked if they were CG. This game looks better. MS really needs to showcase their games better. They are sitting on a goldmine here and they have no clue how to market it.
Its looking like a 2025 game, those other games are due this year. They are at very different points in the development cycle. Seriously pal you're not making any sense, marketing a game 2 years out from release? 🤣

BeardGawd

Banned
I find this amusing, especially the Joel one.

Still prefer the original of both games.

Yep. I don't need super beautiful models for my adventure games. The original models have character.

Now my fighting games are another story. Everyone should be ripped and attractive.

Corndog

Banned
I do not think anything in here is gameplay.
It is in engine cutscene. Even if it looks like there is action, that is cut-scene action.

If it was gameplay, they would shure be boasting about it very loudly and the trailer would have made it clear.
Care to revise your statement?

Omnipunctual Godot

Gold Member
Y'all kill me the "If I can't fap to her I'm not playing"mentality
Stop It Michael Jordan GIF
The real world is pretty ugly. I don't need my escapism to be drowning in it, too.
This looks straight up like a guy. It’s a typical character designed for modern audiences. I’m sure she’ll also have a Mary sue personality without weaknesses and is stronger than 10 men combined.
You might be onto something there...

Since when had Fable been in Dev hell? What do you think the average Dev cycles is lol
The biggest issues for the game was that they had to take a pure racing game engine and add fighting mechanics, new character animations, RPG mechanics etc. It was a pretty decent amount of work that had to go into the engine to be able to make Fable with it.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Which one of you guys did this?

"Continuing the trend of weirdly unattractive female main characters in video games, because beauty is objectifying," says one disgruntled viewer. "This is what happens when you consult with woke intersectional feminists."

"Seems like the modern game devs are competing with each other on who can make the ugliest female character," says another.

They've been scanning this thread for quotes :messenger_grinning_sweat:

No no, the biggest let down was White Knight Chronicle. What a fucking joke. That whole show was unbelievable, Sony had nothing for the PS3 because it came out an entire year after the 360.

The die hard Sony boys ate all that shit up on a silver platter. But god damn I wanted WKC to be exactly what was shown.
no

Nl4TNwl.jpg
hS7ElE1.jpg

here if makes you feel better.

Corndog

Banned

As long as they follow up with a good gameplay trailer they will be fine. Was it a missed opportunity? Probably.

Corndog

Banned

The character in game looks terrible. It doesn’t matter what the face model looks like if they uglify them.

Top Bottom