• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELDEN RING |OT| One Ring To Rule Them All

Alright so I rang the first bell. Solaire was a big help with the Gargoyles fight. I love their design and entrance. I saw the axe attached to the tail but gave up on acquiring it after multiple clumsy attempts. Man, DS3 (and 2 as well?) really improved on the agility of the player.

While I'm familar with most bosses thanks to YouTube, discovering the levels and meeting the NPCs is very enjoyable. But man, the path to get to the bonfire near André was a lot of trouble. Whenever I got poisoned by the rats, eventually I had to use a homeward bone before dying.

As for the Taurus Demon, I just did the plunging attack and used my fire bombs and throwing knives. Cheap, I know.

By the way I'm not sure how the humanity counter works, what does it do? And, are there ways to farm humanities so I don't run out of them?

NeverYouMind NeverYouMind Are there worthwhile weapons in the early game for a strength build? I mean, aside from something you'd have to make a long detour for or a weapon you only have one chance to get. I'm using the axe for now.

Last edited:
The ladder shortcut from bridge to Undead Burg is useful for this section. The rats are a pain, but easy to cheese with Alluring Skull item. The dragon can also be run past with the right timing after being agroed.

The humanity counter is an on-hand cache of humanity, which is used for (1) reversing hollowing, (2) kindling bonfires, (3) specific covenant offerings, (4) boosting item discovery, and (5) damage boost to chaos affinity weapons. Easiest way to farm humanity early on is to kill enemies in areas with living bosses. It can also be increased by using the Humanity and Twin-Humanity items. I recommend sewers as they are also great source of upgrade materials. The sewer boss need not die to progress in the game if the Master Key is obtained from the merchant there.

Outside of the previously suggested Great Demon Hammer, there is a greatsword class weapon in the graveyard, there is a greataxe class weapon in the sewers, and an even more powerful greataxe class weapon obtainable from the boss of the sewers. To enter the sewers, a door on the side of the bridge must first be opened.

Last edited:

Soodanim

Alright so I rang the first bell. Solaire was a big help with the Gargoyles fight. I love their design and entrance. I saw the axe attached to the tail but gave up on acquiring it after multiple clumsy attempts. Man, DS3 (and 2 as well?) really improved on the agility of the player.

While I'm familar with most bosses thanks to YouTube, discovering the levels and meeting the NPCs is very enjoyable. But man, the path to get to the bonfire near André was a lot of trouble. Whenever I got poisoned by the rats, eventually I had to use a homeward bone before dying.

As for the Taurus Demon, I just did the plunging attack and used my fire bombs and throwing knives. Cheap, I know.

By the way I'm not sure how the humanity counter works, what does it do? And, are there ways to farm humanities so I don't run out of them?

NeverYouMind NeverYouMind Are there worthwhile weapons in the early game for a strength build? I mean, aside from something you'd have to make a long detour for or a weapon you only have one chance to get. I'm using the axe for now.
You can farm Humanity (item) from rats, and certain areas have plenty of them should you wish to farm. The humanity counter primarily functions as a passive stat boost (including item discovery and defence). You'll discover other uses in time.

The Zweihander is a very common choice for a big weapon, owing in part to it being available from the start. You already have access to it. It's in the graveyard behind Firelink Shrine, There are other heavy swords like Claymore that are available to you now. There aren't too many others you can get hold of right now from what I remember.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet, but Resistance is a useless stat. Flat out useless.

Gt111

Neo Member
So I fought the crucible knight in the evergoal… I won… surprised after a couple of try’s… thought it impossible..
Finally went down… man
I can post my stats if anyone is interested.. I think I’m around level 56

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Just wait until you fight two crucible knights at once. It will make the evergoal crucible knight with a shield feel like a cakewalk.
The fight with both Misbegotten Warrior and Crucible Knight was really tough when I first played Elden Ring.

Soodanim

So I fought the crucible knight in the evergoal… I won… surprised after a couple of try’s… thought it impossible..
Finally went down… man
I can post my stats if anyone is interested.. I think I’m around level 56
I'm sorry that everyone is intent on spoiling surprises, I guess no one wants to let you experience the game.

Crucible Knight an early wall he got me and many others, well done on taking him out.

He's not necessarily a pure skill check, because a big part of the problem is the input reading when you heal and that's more about healing when he's mid-animation so it's almost a technical solution. But there are important things to learn, e.g. that ground attacks that can be jumped over and punished. His poise and aggression are two things you'll experience more in ER, and that sort of fight is more about reacting rather than acting. You either punish or be punished.

Gt111

Neo Member
I'm sorry that everyone is intent on spoiling surprises, I guess no one wants to let you experience the game.

Crucible Knight an early wall he got me and many others, well done on taking him out.

He's not necessarily a pure skill check, because a big part of the problem is the input reading when you heal and that's more about healing when he's mid-animation so it's almost a technical solution. But there are important things to learn, e.g. that ground attacks that can be jumped over and punished. His poise and aggression are two things you'll experience more in ER, and that sort of fight is more about reacting rather than acting. You either punish or be punished.

Yeah first couple of tries when I healed he got me… yes! aggression is so much..

Fight scared me..

Lol

Thank you!!

Last edited:
Dark Souls 1 update from hell: my God, what did I get into.

So I beat the Capra Demon with the Zweihander and ventured into the depths... I made it easily to the bonfire, but boy I had no idea how harsh things were about to get. Got lost and cursed by the infamous Basilisks, and unlike in DS3 and ER, I can't really avoid them, I'm too slow and the area is too narrow. It's bad enough to lose souls, but now I had to go buy the purging stones which sell for an astounding 6,000 souls. I had to grind just to afford the item, but then as I went back to Firelink shrine I fell off a cliff in a moment of inattention and died, so I had to go all the way back from the depths to there to get them back. All of that just to uncurse myself, and then I had to grind to 24 in strength to use the Zweihander properly, and THEN search for the path to opening the shortcut door, all while avoiding the Basilisks. Holy fucking shit. Not being able to warp from one bonfire to another, coupled with how slow and not very strong I am, made this section harder and more tedious than most of what I had to go through in previous games.

Thankfully the Gaping Dragon wasn't too hard. Its entrance reminds me a lot of the colossis in Shadow of the Colossus, with the slow reveal of how big it is.

I started going into Blighttown, and it seems like it's gonna be even harder to go through. Wish me luck.

Soodanim

So I beat the Capra Demon with the Zweihander and ventured into the depths... I made it easily to the bonfire, but boy I had no idea how harsh things were about to get. Got lost and cursed by the infamous Basilisks, and unlike in DS3 and ER, I can't really avoid them, I'm too slow and the area is too narrow. It's bad enough to lose souls, but now I had to go buy the purging stones which sell for an astounding 6,000 souls. I had to grind just to afford the item, but then as I went back to Firelink shrine I fell off a cliff in a moment of inattention and died, so I had to go all the way back from the depths to there to get them back. All of that just to uncurse myself, and then I had to grind to 24 in strength to use the Zweihander properly, and THEN search for the path to opening the shortcut door, all while avoiding the Basilisks. Holy fucking shit. Not being able to warp from one bonfire to another, coupled with how slow and not very strong I am, made this section harder and more tedious than most of what I had to go through in previous games.

Thankfully the Gaping Dragon wasn't too hard. Its entrance reminds me a lot of the colossis in Shadow of the Colossus, with the slow reveal of how big it is.

I started going into Blighttown, and it seems like it's gonna be even harder to go through. Wish me luck.
How's your equip load? Under 50% is essential, under 25% is ideal.

I recommend the Crystal Shield that Domhnall of Zena sells. Really good if you want a more defensive option, and although you can't repair it the durability is strong and you probably won't ever break it.
Another, perhaps more pertinent option is the Spider Shield, which you may already have depending on class but can be obtained in the Depths.

Last edited:
Blighttown often kills with poison and toxic. The Spider Shield accessible from the disposal shaft behind the Butcher's table nullifies projectiles of this type. However, this next section will test your determination. Not even farming status nullifying herbs from living trees or buying them from the female Undead Merchant will be enough on your first journey below. It is possibly the most arduous in the entire game.

Last edited:

Soodanim

Blighttown often kills with poison and toxic. The Spider Shield accessible from the disposal shaft behind the Butcher's table nullifies projectiles of this type. However, this next section will test your determination. Not even farming status nullifying herbs from living trees or buying them from the female Undead Merchant will be enough on your first journey below. It is possibly the most arduous in the entire game.
Thinking about it, I'm torn. I didn't want to directly give a location for the shield at first, because it's absolutely possible to do it without the shield. You learn where shots are coming from and make your way to that point while putting cover between you and the source while you fight everyone that it slowly making their way to you

But I recognise that people might get enraged with this section, as it is difficult first time. Even getting the Iaito is a risk.

DelireMan7

Yes the Depth and Bligthtown are rough moments. But I kind of enjoy this trip down.
I hopefully didn't get curse here my first time around but honestly I think it would have broke me xD.

The inability to warp around can be annoying after Dark Souls 3 or Elden Ring but it's a strong point of the game for me.
It makes you know the world much better and makes it much more tangible/real. For me something was lost in all the following game with the fast travel.

Good luck for Blighttown !

PS : As others mentioned some helpful items, I'll just say this game is very well crafted and if you explore each area well, you'll often find useful item to overcome a problem from this area or the next. Like the shield mentioned above or a ring you can find in the Depths that will really help with poison.

Soodanim

Yes the Depth and Bligthtown are rough moments. But I kind of enjoy this trip down.
I hopefully didn't get curse here my first time around but honestly I think it would have broke me xD.

The inability to warp around can be annoying after Dark Souls 3 or Elden Ring but it's a strong point of the game for me.
It makes you know the world much better and makes it much more tangible/real. For me something was lost in all the following game with the fast travel.

Good luck for Blighttown !

PS : As others mentioned some helpful items, I'll just say this game is very well crafted and if you explore each area well, you'll often find useful item to overcome a problem from this area or the next. Like the shield mentioned above or a ring you can find in the Depths that will really help with poison.
And if you explore REALLY well you can get the rusty ring and not have to slowly wade through certain parts. I 100% didn't find that myself though. That's the true beauty of and intent of online messages, and I'm going to put that in spoilers below because the same volume of messages won't be there to help these days.

You can use the lift in Firelink that takes you to Undead Parish but jump off early at a previously unreachable part.
From here, you can (attempt a) jump to a pillar connected to the central Shrine tower.
When you make the jump (easier at 30fps if you're on PC and not playing Remaster), you can first run onto a roof for a key then ascend the steps to the top of the tower.
At the top of the tower, follow the prompt then wait. And wait. Not too long, not short, just a wait.

DelireMan7

And if you explore REALLY well you can get the rusty ring and not have to slowly wade through certain parts. I 100% didn't find that myself though. That's the true beauty of and intent of online messages, and I'm going to put that in spoilers below because the same volume of messages won't be there to help these days.

You can use the lift in Firelink that takes you to Undead Parish but jump off early at a previously unreachable part.
From here, you can (attempt a) jump to a pillar connected to the central Shrine tower.
When you make the jump (easier at 30fps if you're on PC and not playing Remaster), you can first run onto a roof for a key then ascend the steps to the top of the tower.
At the top of the tower, follow the prompt then wait. And wait. Not too long, not short, just a wait.
This game has some much you can miss and it's what make it so good.
I love when there stuff to miss in game. Especially nowaday where most big game make a point to indicate everything to the player to be sure they don't miss anything.

Danjin44

Man can’t wait for the DLC, recently replaying this game and still discovering new thing even after beating this game several times.

Elden Ring one very, very few games that make gets how to do proper open world.

The anti-poison ring is sold by Oswald the Pardoner inside the tower with the first bell. It is relatively ineffective for the shear amount of poison present in Blighttown and does nothing for toxic. The gargoyle's tail combined with the ring and the Blood Shield (in the end game) is the only really potent solution. Otherwise, it is a waste of souls. Going back to the bonfire when flasks and health run low as you explore is a more sound strategy.

The ring described is too far out of the way to return to at this point. Just slow roll and you will traverse the muck. If you happen to follow a tree root to a tree hollow, treat it like Road's End Catacombs in Elden Ring.

Last edited:

Soodanim

The ring described is too far out of the way to return to at this point. Just slow roll and you will traverse the muck. If you happen to follow a tree root to a tree hollow, treat it like Road's End Catacombs in Elden Ring.
You're right, I had meant to put that in there but forgot so good catch. The backtrack out of Depths to Firelink is a bit of a pain if you don't know it like the back of your hand. Even worse when you're into Blighttown. If you do read my spoiler ValiantTraveler ValiantTraveler , don't seek it out. The opportunity will present itself eventually.

Last edited:

DelireMan7

The anti-poison ring is sold by Oswald the Pardoner inside the tower with the first bell. It is relatively ineffective for the shear amount of poison present in Blighttown and does nothing for toxic.
I was thinking about the Evil eye Ring (or something like that) in the Depths. It heals something like 30 Hp per kill and with the "infinite" mosquitoes (easy kill) in the swamp it completely negates the poison.

Soodanim

I was thinking about the Evil eye Ring (or something like that) in the Depths. It heals something like 30 Hp per kill and with the "infinite" mosquitoes (easy kill) in the swamp it completely negates the poison.
I was really surprised to learn recently that

infinite = 25

Last edited:

DelireMan7

I was really surprised to learn recently that

infinite = 25

Haha yes. That's why I said "infinite".
But I usually don't succeed to kill them all while exploring the entire swamp. I think it happens once in one of my early playthrough.

How's your equip load? Under 50% is essential, under 25% is ideal.

I recommend the Crystal Shield that Domhnall of Zena sells. Really good if you want a more defensive option, and although you can't repair it the durability is strong and you probably won't ever break it.
Another, perhaps more pertinent option is the Spider Shield, which you may already have depending on class but can be obtained in the Depths.
My equip load is under 50%. I made it to the Blighttown bonfire so I don't feel like going back to the Depths to find the Spider Shield, let alone going back to Firelink Shrine. My guess is that eventually there will be a shortcut somewhere that takes me back there quickly.

All in all I think I'm going to power through this section despite the lack of anti-poison/toxic shields and herbs. I learned to handle the fat dudes who resemble the Omens in ER. And the other enemies are manageable as long as I tackle them one by one. It seems the enemies who shoot toxic darts don't respawn after getting killed. I really like that the more bothersome enemies, like the butcher and giant rat in the Depths, don't respawn after you kill them. It makes the backtracking a lot more manageable.

Thanks again guys for the tips. Honeslty I don't mind at all small spoilers like where to find a certain item.

DS1 update: I killed Queelag with the help of Mildred the maneater and rang the second bell. Man Blighttown was really hard. I'm so outta here.

I ventured into the Valley of the Drakes and wtf I only deal 20 damage points to those lightning-breathing dragons?? Am I supposed to use some special weapon?

Where should I go next? I mean, before going to Sen's Fortress. I heard there is a garden somewhere, but haven't gone there yet. And is there a shortcut back to Firelinke Shrine?

The valley branches into New Londo (an elevator trip away from Firelink Shrine) and a cave entrance to Darkroot Garden (connects to tower with Andre and the bridge to Sen's Fortress). The blue dragons in that valley have high physical resistance. You can finally purchase that expensive item from Andre to gain access to a new area inside Darkroot Garden with Forest Hunter covenant. A cool member will go down into the swamp of Blighttown beside waterwheel and sell some amazing weapons. Two to maximize strength builds, ninja swords, and the Demon Spear. I love that spear as so few enemies have lightning resistance. The prices are a bit outrageous, but the alternative method of getting them makes it worth it.

I recommend you venture into the graveyard beside the Firelink Shrine and inside the Catacombs. Beating the boss there will allow you to kindle flames to get more estus. It will help you a lot in the rest of the game. Also has a cool covenant inside and a ring that will be able to grant you access to another covenant in Anor Londo. If you want to make it easier there is a boss in Darkroot Garden that blocks a path to the Divine Ember. Everything in the catacombs is weak to its augmentation by Andre to +5 standard weapons.

If you are super bold, there is a Large Divine Ember deep below Catacombs but it maxes a faith build. There is also a Covetous Silver Serpent Ring down there, which will expedite soul farming. Be advised the trip down and back up is torturous. You also hit a dead end that does not dissipate until Anor Londo is done with.

Last edited:

Soodanim

The valley branches into New Londo (an elevator trip away from Firelink Shrine) and a cave entrance to Darkroot Garden (connects to tower with Andre and the bridge to Sen's Fortress). The blue dragons in that valley have high physical resistance. You can finally purchase that expensive item from Andre to gain access to a new area inside Darkroot Garden with Forest Hunter covenant. A cool member will go down into the swamp of Blighttown beside waterwheel and sell some amazing weapons. Two to maximize strength builds, ninja swords, and the Demon Spear. I love that spear as so few enemies have lightning resistance. The prices are a bit outrageous, but the alternative method of getting them makes it worth it.

I recommend you venture into the graveyard beside the Firelink Shrine and inside the Catacombs. Beating the boss there will allow you to kindle flames to get more estus. It will help you a lot in the rest of the game. Also has a cool covenant inside and a ring that will be able to grant you access to another covenant in Anor Londo. If you want to make it easier there is a boss in Darkroot Garden that blocks a path to Divine Ember. Everything in the catacombs is weak to its augmentation by Andre to +5 standard weapons.

If you are super bold, there is a Large Divine Ember deep below Catacombs but it maxes a faith build. There is also a Covetous Silver Serpent Ring down there, which will expedite soul farming. Be advised the trip down and back up is torturous. You also hit a dead end that does not dissipate until Anor Londo is done with.
ValiantTraveler ValiantTraveler I second the 1st and maybe the 2nd paragraphs (gets a bit dicey down there and the climb back can be treacherous for a first timer), but fuck the 3rd!! DO NOT DO WHAT HE SAYS, HE IS EVIL. Unless it's my proper journey through there it's well planned suicide runs and I'm a 1000 hour veteran of DS1. I would maybe suggest a video on doing certain things if you tackle NG+ because that's when you really start to see how full of options the game is, but until then I'd just enjoy a more natural progression.

I would head back up to Firelink as per the above suggestion, where you can follow my advice above about an essential optional area before heading up towards Sen's. But instead of going into Sen's, go past Andre and see where that takes you. I don't need to say more, there's lots to explore and discover that way. Please update with how you get on, whatever you get up to.

Last edited:

Fake

Not a fan of the age of stars ending because first destroy the purpose of the tarnish as trying to became the elden lord, second the simping stuff and third was a strange fate of the wolf boy without much explanation.

In the end much of the people that like this route is because they love to simp Princess Lunar Ranni, even though Ranni being hostile as you face Rennala.
Just the fact that they go hard into how you can make little changes to the dialogue in the ending is the proof that they go full force into the simp route.

Last edited:

Soodanim

Not a fan of the age of stars ending because first destroy the purpose of the tarnish as trying to became the elden lord, second the simping stuff and third was a strange fate of the wolf boy without much explanation.

In the end much of the people that like this route is because they love to simp Princess Lunar Ranni, even though Ranni being hostile as you face Rennala.
Just the fact that they go hard into how you can make little changes to the dialogue in the ending is the proof that they go full force into the simp route.
It's the most popular ending because anyone exploring well enough will unlock it by default, I don't see it as the simp ending because I'm not into all that weird stuff and I don't think most are outside of Reddit. It's the ending that breaks the cycle and actually has something to it rather than "New tree growth based on whatever mending rune you chose". It's only this one and one other (frenzy flame) that have anything to them, the rest are empty and boring.

Really it makes sense for Ranni to be the most involved ending because really it's all about her story. You fairly quickly find out that she is responsible for the death of Godwin and she essentially set the whole story of the game in motion, so the Tarnished is just a player in her story if you follow along with that. Then you end up as Elden Lord, second to a queen just as Godfrey was first Elden Lord to Queen Marika.

As for Ranni/Rennala, that's likely something a protective trap/phantom Ranni put in place and not actually her.

Fake

It's the most popular ending because anyone exploring well enough will unlock it by default, I don't see it as the simp ending because I'm not into all that weird stuff and I don't think most are outside of Reddit.

Not true.
Just a quick look into the community you can check the simp factor.

Is in fact the simp factor that drive people into the difficult quest of this particular ending. Are you never notice that the game tell you the wrong name of the item you need to remove the barrier? The three interactions with the doll? Another interaction with the doll just to change the ending dialogue?

People do this for simp Ranni dude. Is a quite well knowed story. Extralife, reddit, Youtube, you name it.

Soodanim

Not true.

Is in fact the simp factor that drive people into the difficult quest of this particular ending. Are you never notice that the game tell you the wrong name of the item you need to remove the barrier? The three interactions with the doll? Another interaction with the doll just to change the ending dialogue?

People do this for simp Ranni dude. Is a quite well knowed story. Extralife, reddit, Youtube, you name it.
I can't tell if you're trolling. People do make arguments this poor, but you could just be talking utter nonsense out of sheer boredom.

Danjin44

In SMT term I consider Age of Star Neutral ending, frenzy flame chaos ending and Elden Lord law ending and in most SMT (not all) neutral ending the most involved and harder to get.

Fake

I can't tell if you're trolling. People do make arguments this poor, but you could just be talking utter nonsense out of sheer boredom.

Not trolling. Lost my counts of how many times I beat this game. I guess people never expect to talk to someone that played a game so much and are caught off guard.
No matter how many times I explored the game, I only did this ending by looking into a guide just because of this bloody item that fool most of the players.

In case you still trying to understand, I do find the knife by my own, but the ring was the obstacle to reach the age of the stars ending.

In SMT term I consider Age of Star Neutral ending, frenzy flame chaos ending and Elden Lord law ending and in most SMT (not all) neutral ending the most involved and harder to get.

The age of the curse as well was hard to do and if I remember right if you reach at some point of the game will be missable seedcurses?

Last edited:

Soodanim

Not trolling. Lost my counts of how many times I beat this game. I guess people never expect to talk to someone that played a game so much and are caught off guard.
No matter how many times I explored the game, I only did this ending by looking into a guide just because of this bloody item that fool most of the players.

In case you still trying to understand, I do find the knife by my own, but the ring was the obstacle to reach the age of the stars ending.
20 million sales
Using Steam achievement statistics, 27% got Age of Stars ending
According to you, 5.4 million people got that ending because they're simps and not because it's the most involved and active storyline in the game
Half of your reasoning is perpetually online weirdos on Reddit and Twitter
Half of your reasoning is From put some obscure/hidden/poorly worded shit in the game, because they've never ever done that in any Souls game before ever

If you really think that, I'll leave you to it because no amount of logic and reason will convince you otherwise.

Fake

20 million sales
Using Steam achievement statistics, 27% got Age of Stars ending
According to you, 5.4 million people got that ending because they're simps and not because it's the most involved and active storyline in the game
Half of your reasoning is perpetually online weirdos on Reddit and Twitter
Half of your reasoning is From put some obscure/hidden/poorly worded shit in the game, because they've never ever done that in any Souls game before ever

If you really think that, I'll leave you to it because no amount of logic and reason will convince you otherwise.

You are overreacting. In every game with multiple endings players tend to do the common/easy ending because the nature of their first walktrought, aka playing without guide. Second, I never said people that make the Age of Stars are simp, but that simping Ranni is the driving factor.

I played Witcher 3 and have the same rules. Endings that don't require complex factors tend to be the most common to be done. Either the player will make a NG+ but this time following a guide to make a new ending or just drop the game.

I don't even understand why bring the sales to the table. Elden Ring is my GOTY. We are not here to fight each other my friend.

Soodanim

You are overreacting. In every game with multiple endings players tend to do the common/easy ending because the nature of their first walktrought, aka playing without guide. Second, I never said people that make the Age of Stars are simp, but that simping Ranni is the driving factor.

I played Witcher 3 and have the same rules. Endings that don't require complex factors tend to be the most common to be done. Either the player will make a NG+ but this time following a guide to make a new ending or just drop the game.

I don't even understand why bring the sales to the table. Elden Ring is my GOTY. We are not here to fight each other my friend.
Did you forget this post where you said the quest isn't easy so it must be simping?
Not true.

The Age of Stars ending is the most popular one, beating out the standard endings because people follow the quest line that is far more involved than any other -- even if it means turning to google because From didn't leave enough of a clue. Forget your generalisations about what you think people do, Elden Ring is just minor NPCs until you get to a quest that presents itself to you more than any other and has more to it than any other, providing more content than any other by a wide margin. Of course people see it through, and of course people pick that ending because the game puts it between you and the other endings and gives it a stand out colour to draw your attention with no backing out when you click it.

Internet weirdos simp for anyone and anything, and they are not representative of any wider population. That's why I used statistics about the game.

It's not overreacting or fighting to tell you that your reasoning is flawed.

Fake

The Age of Stars ending is the most popular one, beating out the standard endings because people follow the quest line that is far more involved than any other -- even if it means turning to google because From didn't leave enough of a clue. Forget your generalisations about what you think people do, Elden Ring is just minor NPCs until you get to a quest that presents itself to you more than any other and has more to it than any other, providing more content than any other by a wide margin. Of course people see it through, and of course people pick that ending because the game puts it between you and the other endings and gives it a stand out colour to draw your attention with no backing out when you click it.

Internet weirdos simp for anyone and anything, and they are not representative of any wider population. That's why I used statistics about the game.

It's not overreacting or fighting to tell you that your reasoning is flawed.

If it's not overeacting than why you not answer my questions about the steps to reach the age of stars? I avoid spoilers as many as possible and saw people complain about how much you need to do in order acess this ending.

At this point, we are just running in circles. As I said before, Ranni is the main factor for people to look at guides over the internet to this ending. Or we gonna have to agree to disagree is this subject.

Soodanim

If it's not overeacting than why you not answer my questions about the steps to reach the age of stars? I avoid spoilers as many as possible and saw people complain about how much you need to do in order acess this ending.

At this point, we are just running in circles. As I said before, Ranni is the main factor for people to look at guides over the internet to this ending. Or we gonna have to agree to disagree is this subject.
What did I not answer? I said From didn't leave good enough clues and that people needed to google answers. I said why they would want to do so multiple times. The entire point of Souls world design is discovery by community effort, hence the message system. I think they took it too far when there's not a good enough clue regarding the ring or speaking to the doll 3 times, but your logic is "because it's not clear it means people must be simping to want to continue it" despite no reason to think that's the case.

We're definitely going in circles, because I keep providing actual reasoning for what I'm saying and you keep not doing that. And exactly as I said before, no amount of logic or reason will make a difference because you continue to say 2+2=5. You took a small niche and decided it was a primary motivation for an entire player base without anything to back it up.

Fake

Beat again yesterday this game. Enable all the endings before the final fight and pick the moon ending in honor to the thread.

Beating all the demigods without summons is the real deal. I 100% ready to the DLC.

Can’t a guy just simp in peace and without judgement?
z50xp-1619719725-16226-list_items-no.jpg

/jk

DS1: Finally I have set foot on Anor Londo. That was an amazing cutscene. After spending so many hours in damp sewers, perilous platforms, infested swamps, and dark alleyways, it's so good to venture into a sunlit area with bright colors.

Honestly Sen's Fortress was hard but not that hard. I found the Depths and Blighttown much harder. Of course, I died due to the swinging blades pushing me to the depths. But I think that the Fortress becomes much easier after you reach the place where the huge balls get hit and roll down. It helps that I upgraded the Zweihander to +10, so I two-shot most enemies. Also, I didn't bother with the deepest area where Titanite Demons are found.

The Iron Golem was very easy. As mentioned in a YouTube comment, it feels like the devs wanted to give the player an easy boss after going through an arduours dungeon. Tarkus was very helpful, glad he took the grab attack in my stead cause it looked really painful.

Speaking of easy bosses and NPCs, I also cleared the Darkroot Garden and did nothing to the Moonlight Butterfly while Beatrice the Witch took care of it. That was hilarious and I don't mind that free win at all. The hydra in the darkroot basin was a different story though, I had to watch out for the deep water cause it's an instant death in Souls games. Lmao.

Honestly the most satisfaction I'm getting in DS1 is reaching the end of an area and letting out a sigh of relief. I like to look back and think "wow, I really overcame all these enemies and traps". So far it's more satisfying than beating the bosses. That said, I know Ornstein and Smough are up next and they're not going to be like the previous bosses.

Have you visited the painting in Anor Londo? An item from the cell you started the game in is required but the picturesque level is a highlight of the game. If you have not acquired it yet it would be best to beat the duo and unlock bonfire teleporting first. The blacksmith in the main castle can finally make your boss souls into weapons if you have the right +10 weapons. Also, if you want a faster greatsword I recommend farming the Silver Knights with sword and shield (to upgrade just buy twinkling titanite from the blacksmith).

Have you visited the painting in Anor Londo? An item from the cell you started the game in is required but the picturesque level is a highlight of the game. If you have not acquired it yet it would be best to beat the duo and unlock bonfire teleporting first. The blacksmith in the main castle can finally make your boss souls into weapons if you have the right +10 weapons. Also, if you want a faster greatsword I recommend farming the Silver Knights with sword and shield (to upgrade just buy twinkling titanite from the blacksmith).
Hmmm I thought the painted world is best saved for the late-game, like Ariandel? I don’t have that item as I haven’t returned to the Asylum, so I’m probably going to save this section for when I get the item that lets me teleport to bonfires.

I just checked Fextralife and that sword requires 22 in dex, however I only have 12 and don’t feel like grinding it. I’m focusing on vigor/stamina/strength. The Zweihander can be rather slow to swing around especially with heavy attacks, which makes nimble enemies trickier to deal with. But I like the high damage output.

I’m at the spot where two archers keep shooting me. Thinking of using a homeward bone to spend my souls and come back, especially since going back to that spot won’t be a long trek.

Yeah the Silver Knight Archers are a pain. There are multiple ways to get to the one on the right guarding the entrance. One involves camouflage spell and another walking toward the wall and after reaching it running to the enemy while ready to roll a great arrow. The architecture keeps the other knight in check when you get to him.

The Zweihander is a solid weapon, but Ornstein requires a bit of speed to punish his openings. Of course jumping attack should do the trick most of the time if timed correctly.

Soodanim

Hmmm I thought the painted world is best saved for the late-game, like Ariandel? I don’t have that item as I haven’t returned to the Asylum, so I’m probably going to save this section for when I get the item that lets me teleport to bonfires.

I just checked Fextralife and that sword requires 22 in dex, however I only have 12 and don’t feel like grinding it. I’m focusing on vigor/stamina/strength. The Zweihander can be rather slow to swing around especially with heavy attacks, which makes nimble enemies trickier to deal with. But I like the high damage output.

I’m at the spot where two archers keep shooting me. Thinking of using a homeward bone to spend my souls and come back, especially since going back to that spot won’t be a long trek.
OG painted world isn't end game scaled AFAIK, I wouldn't worry about getting there so much. But I've never looked at that data and I know it like the back of my hand. It's certainly not DLC level scaling though, I've tackled it ASAP many times.

The infamous Silver Archers. It's amazing the effect they have on people. They force us all to slow down, when that's the opposite of what you want to do. The other part of their difficulty is the narrow platform, and I've found through experience that the arrows force you backwards based on the direction you're facing instead of the arrow's direction. Be wary of that if you're going to take a hit.

Luckily enough the archer on the right just fell to his death before I reached him. A funny resolution for that infamous moment which I was apprehending.
So I reached the bonfire where you find Solaire and explored most of the rooms nearby. The room with the paintings is stunning and I'm surprised to see that the figures depicted look perfectly realistic (except for Gwynevere), as if they are real portraits. I looked up some guide for his quest and read that you shouldn't talk to him if you haven't fulfilled some condition--can't remember the specifics. What do you recommend I do to avoid his bad ending?

A few screenshots I took for the occasion:
3U8Jeqz.jpg

UjEx6lb.jpg

ZOUGQL9.jpg

JEoDKz9.jpg

VfBPVvK.jpg

zPOVW1d.jpg

*neurons activated*

Last edited:

Soodanim

I looked up some guide for his quest and read that you shouldn't talk to him if you haven't fulfilled some condition--can't remember the specifics. What do you recommend I do to avoid his bad ending?
Do you mean Solaire or [another NPC]? Either way there are things you might want to do, but I can neither remember nor find anything you need to be wary of in Anor Londo. Those come later on in the game
In one of the end game areas there's a shortcut door that you can open if you give 30 Humanity to the Chaos Covenant behind a secret wall down the stairs from Quelaag.
Behind this door is an enemy that poor Solaire falls victim to on his noble quest to so grossly incandescent. If you kill this enemy, Solaire doesn't fall victim if you turn back and follow the standard route.

Seigmeyer also appears in Anor Londo, you probably saw him. If not, he can only be in Sen's Fortress and you get back the same way you get there in the first place. Shortcuts are opened, don't fret about being stuck
He also has multiple quest endings, and the conclusion of his quest is determined in the same area as Solaire's.
Seigmeyer will eventually try to return the favour for the many rescues, and if you don't save him from himself then bad ending. If you save him, he will continue to live.
Seigmeyer's quest is arguably more difficult than Solaire's to finish, because it's a lot more scattered. Solaire is on your journey, Onionbro is on Onionbro's journey.
If you're only going to play DS1 once, you might want to read a guide for this one.

Top Bottom