• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Earthworm Jim 4 has reportedly been quietly cancelled

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
TommyTallaricosPatentedOof.wav

The man should just go back to making music full time.

Last edited:

amc

The whole Amico thing is a dumpster fire of epic proportions. EWJ was nothing but some flash bollocks knocked up in an afternoon to try and prise money out of peoples hands.

I've read and watched a whole load of whacked out shit about the Amico and its lunatic CEO Tommy Tallirico. Guy is insane and the machine was a grift.

Fun rabbit hole.

Deerock71

I had forgotten this was a thing and forget what I was talking about.
sad vincent vega GIF

Knightime_X

Considering the console it was being made for, the EWJ4 they were making most likely wasn't the EWJ4 everyone wanted.
So it wasn't much of a loss at all.

CGNoire

Good since the animation sample they showed was shit tier flash quality. Give me keyframe or go home.

Last edited:

nkarafo

Judging from the small teaser demo, it's a good thing it got canceled. This vectorized, clean, bright, completely flat visual style that 99% of mobile games use, is not good for anything.

I want more shadows, better/handmade shading, less flat surfaces with simple photoshop gradients applied to them and less vectorized shit in my 2D games. But everyone uses the easy way to make 2D games now and it sucks.

Last edited:
I think that one of the og devs made a post where he said that Tallarico basically just invited them together and some ideas were thrown around what a new ewj game could be and then Tallarico used that as a basis for his claim that new ewj was being worked on.

Reactions: TLZ
Top Bottom