• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA announces Black Panther Game

Draugoth

Gold Member
EA is set to make a third person single player BLACK PANTHER game at a new studio in Seattle, Cliffhanger Games.

F0rWtZiXsAEaDAL

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Honestly I just hope all this marvel shit flop so hard it goes back being a niche thing. What a pile of souless crap.
Sorry for the rant but damn.
Oh come on. Would you rather have a single player AAA game from EA or yet another soulless GaaS trash?

Star Wars Jedi Survivor is based on an established movie IP. It was an excellent game. The ubisoft game looks even better. Yes, Avengers was a misfire, but thats because Square tried to make it a GaaS game. The actual story when it was just the traditional single player missions was actually rather good.

We should be praising EA for investing so much in single player games when other publishers including sony are focusing more and more on GaaS stuff.

Last edited:
No idea about the comics and how "wrong" the other media got it, but out of all MCU movie characters and from the Avengers game, this is not the character I wanted the most.

Hawkeye or Black Widow & Thor or Ironman game in two very different genres would be my choice.

Let's see what they actually show.
But weird to announce it in this way, after the not-E3-E3. If you don't have anything to show, it might still turn into nothing, if the new team fails to put something together, so why even announce it already before even a tiny slice is presentable?

envyzeal

Oh come on. Would you rather have a single player AAA game from EA or yet another soulless GaaS trash?

Star Wars Jedi Survivor is based on an established movie IP. It was an excellent game. The ubisoft game looks even better. Yes, Avengers was a misfire, but thats because Square tried to make it a GaaS game. The actual story when it was just a traditional single player mission was actually rather good.

We should be praising EA for investing so much in single player games when other publishers including sony are focusing more and more on GaaS stuff.

I get your point, but for me it's not really a Single Player vs GaaS thing, but licensing and IPs.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
It will be voted as one of the best games of all time by gaming press. A monumental achievement. An on screen spectacle.

An epic that doesn’t walk, talk or kick ass like any other Marvel games — an exhilarating triumph on every level from writing, game directing, voice acting, production quality, art design, music, set pieces, you name it.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Makes sense with the movies they're focusing on, but man, I'd love to see so many other superhero games before Black Panther, he's just not an exciting character.

DAHGAMING

Gold Member
Honestly I just hope all this marvel shit flop so hard it goes back being a niche thing. What a pile of souless crap.

Edit: and yes I know Spiderman/Wolverine are part of that. Thing is Insomniac would nail any title, and I'd rather see them working on new IPs.

Im with ya, chuck that soyboy Spiderman shit in aswell though. Lets get back to macho men as main character saving/fucking the thick big tit sluts and blasting any other cunt that gets in the way.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
It's a good super hero to have, I haven't read the comics, but the movie felt very video gamey in traversal, power ups, and he can be hurt.

I wonder if they gonna keep it in Wakanda and area or set it somewhere else.

envyzeal

Im with ya, chuck that soyboy Spiderman shit in aswell though. Lets get back to macho men as main character saving/fucking the thick big tit sluts and blasting any other cunt that gets in the way.

Yeah, that's exactly what I said. Nice try, though.

MMaRsu

Banned
8.5 is pretty good. And i really liked it.
Its certainly pretty good but I wouldnt call it excellent. Theres still so much to improve. Imo it still isn't as good as JK2 battles. I need Jedi duels / Sith fights. Im so fucking bored with the Souls like system they implement, and enemies blocking a fucking lightsaber.

Last edited:

poodaddy

Jesus what the hell did Black Panther do to you guys? Show me on the doll where he touched you.

I don't know, it'll probably suck due to it being a brand new studio and EA, but I love the character and think it works great for a game, so I'd hope it turns out great, but I don't expect it to. I can see that comic book burn out is being pedaled around as the excuse, but then wait until Wolverine is showcased and hype levels explode through the ceiling. Something about Black Panther in particular doesn't interest you fellers, and that's fine, but a Black Panther game could potentially be good. Wish we knew more about the studio though.

Do we have any information on director, scenario writers, designers, and the like? What kind of talent is comprising this team exactly, that's what I'm curious about. Hopefully they have some veterans with a pedigree or this project is probably dead in the water before it even figures out how to doggy paddle.

Edit: and yes I know Spiderman/Wolverine are part of that. Thing is Insomniac would nail any title, and I'd rather see them working on new IPs.
I agree, but at least it's good news that this one's being created by a new studio.

Losing a Deus Ex or XCOM installment for some superhero ZZZ videogames, now that did hurt

Neilg

I did some digging and it looks like it's a few really senior ex-monolith people.

Their studio lead was the lead engineer during No one lives forever and F.E.A.R, and then he was the entire studio lead when they made shadow of mordor/war.
Their senior art director also spent 25 years there and worked on all those titles.

Might be ok guys. The most senior people already worked together and they've been given an EA budget to hire talent and start over - maybe a life long ambition being realized, which always gets a bit more energy. The studio has been working on this since nov. 2021, so my guess is they're transitioning out of pre-production and this announcement is designed to help them hire the best people possible to burn through full production for the next 2-3 years.

Last edited:
Top Bottom