• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel 1943: Rise of Hydra Officially Announced - Coming 2025.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draugoth

Gold Member

Skydance New Media, helmed by award-winning writer and director Amy Hennig, and Marvel Games today shared new details on their upcoming narrative-driven action-adventure game, Marvel 1943: Rise of Hydra. A new trailer gives fans a sneak peek into an original story that takes players on a WWII-era adventure with an ensemble of four heroes playable at different points in the game. As the game’s narrative unfolds, players will assume the role of four central characters: a young Steve Rogers, AKA Captain America; Azzuri, T’Challa’s grandfather and the WWII-era Black Panther; Gabriel Jones, a U.S. soldier and member of the Howling Commandos; and Nanali, a Wakandan spy embedded in Occupied Paris.

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Game is on my radar, looks solid - And graphics look great. Need to see gameplay before Im fully hyped but 2025 is looking to be by far the best year of the gen

Three black characters? Now that's what I call diversity.
You'd say nothing if it were 3 white characters, stop being a pussy. Who cares what color they are

Last edited:

mortal

Gold Member
Great visuals, not much else to go off since there's no gameplay.
I will say the increase in visual fidelity does draw attention to the things that are lacking, say facial animation and more complex fabrics.

Three black characters? Now that's what I call diversity.
More pandering I see. Ill pass.
Keeping track of the racial makeup of the cast makes you sound no different than the people you're mocking.
If the cast were 3 whites and one black character you wouldn't think twice about it, while the people you mock on Era would whine about it. You're doing more or less the same but inverse with race.

Last edited:

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
It could have been 4, and be worth it. No idea for the game, but Marvel lore is rich.

I genuinely thought that Captain America would also be black since the other three characters were. I think there's a pretty good chance he's in the game, since his back story takes place around the same time (1942-3).

near

Gold Member
It's not actually clear in what capacity Amy Hennig is involved in this project. She is co-president of this new Skydance arm, I'm a little sceptical that she's also a creative lead in this project. But if she is... I'll get excited.

I trust Amy Hennig for a great story and character development. This is going to be fucking sweet if they also nail gameplay. This and Wolverine?

tenor.gif

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
you're 99% right but im pretty sure there was a snippet or 2 of gameplay in there. the graphics look great it passed as CG

Looked to me like in-game animations using cut-scene render settings, which is close but not actually representative of in-game action.

Giveaway is always how animations link. Even something like TLOU2 which has a very clever blending/IK system isn't as smooth as what you get when stuff is linked sequentially.

StueyDuck

You don't know how Forspoken was made, clearly.

She was brought in as a freelancer early into the project's sever-year development cycle to provide a story concept and some worldbuilding. The cringy dialogue that you all have a problem with? Not her's.
She has a writing credit.

There's no secret sauce of special insider development info 🤣 what a clown take. She was part of writing forspoken even if she was a freelancer. It's like that numpty Gary whitta pretending now like he wasn't involved with the game either.

Stop protecting people that don't need it.

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Looked to me like in-game animations using cut-scene render settings, which is close but not actually representative of in-game action.

Giveaway is always how animations link. Even something like TLOU2 which has a very clever blending/IK system isn't as smooth as what you get when stuff is linked sequentially.
111111111-Mar-20-2024-13-25-07.gif

this is the part i was talking about. i think this is pure HUD-less gameplay

Edit: confirmed by Amy Henig in that tech demo video 👀

Last edited:

Boss Mog

So this a game about a group of good black people who kill evil white people, and they threw in Captain America to make it seem less obvious and garner some sales, got it. Hard pass from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom