• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dusk Golem reiterates that the Xbox will be more powerful than the PS5 (Admitted to starting console wars, demodded)

Tesseract

Banned
Ah an intellect, tell us more of your musings, its always interesting to talk technical with such revered and thoughtful posters. Shall we talk nuclear physics quarks and leptons, or something more juicy.

I can type slowly
200.gif

kretos

Banned
I am vastly more intelligent than you, even when I was 12 kiddo.

But that is not too hard is it.
You started the personal attacks on others, go read back on where you started with ad hominem.

Your last 5 or 6 posts you have insulted each person you have replied to. Go look in the mirror and what do you see ?
Telling me to grow up after what you just posted. Fuck off you twat.
Ah an intellect, tell us more of your musings, its always interesting to talk technical with such revered and thoughtful posters. Shall we talk nuclear physics quarks and leptons, or something more juicy.

I can type slowly

tumblr_owwyp70Qkw1s24yedo1_500.gifv

Oh... I wasn't saying that it was running on the Series X or that it was running with good performance. I was just saying that we don't need insider information to confirm that Epic said that it was running real time.

The funny thing is they showed a picture of her face, it's never going to look like that and animate like that during gameplay. That was basically just a tech demo featuring Senua lol. In engine just means they did it in the engine nothing else and it probably was touched up a bit beyond that.

I'm glad you don't think that's representative of what an actual game is going to look like, there are sadly people who believe that was gameplay when even MS won't make that claim.

pawel86ck

Banned
Ad hominem, the weapon of the weak minded.

What is sad is we have 23 pages of xbox fans trying to FUD ps5, shame you cant talk about any XSX games as we have noit seen any running on XSX.

Why is that ? Whats going on ?
That's true, but at this point we should see many gameplays on both consoles, not just trailers or single screenshots.

So if he admitted to console warring and is demodded. Can that be updated and shown on the 1st page?
since when is considered "console warring" when you decide to share some inside info you have?
he said that the reason he spoke about it was because what was going on with xbox trolling in his opinion was far from the truth.
there is no way to justify resetera here, but only in the case he asked himself to not be a moderator any more.

in fact they are not allowing discussion for the topic, having placed a ban-warning even in the dedicated console threads
resetera.jpg

"it is not acceptable even to retreat to the safety of their community OT to talk about shit. in the interest of (put what you want here) such posts will be moderated harshly"
this is more than laughable, and a real abjection to resetera being a "forum", ie a place to discuss and offer opinions.

Last edited:

reinking

Gold Member
since when is considered "console warring" when you decide to share some inside info you have?
he said that the reason he spoke about it was because what was going on with xbox trolling in his opinion was far from the truth.
there is no way to justify resetera here, ut only in the case he asked himself to not be a moderator any more.
If that is not "console warring" then what is? He took a side and spoke up.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
he offered the information that he was trusted with. its not like he lied. since when is the truth considered "bad"? since when is the truth considered "console war"? are you serious?

Sitting on information and releasing it, initially as if were in the known himself and understood what it meant, to ensure Sony looked worse to even the side is not console warring? Well that certainly explains things ;)...

Sitting on information and releasing it, initially as if were in the known himself and understood what it meant, to ensure Sony looked worse to even the side is not console warring? Well that certainly explains things ;)...
this is the kind of bullshit I've seen on twitter.
HE WASN'T ASKED TO DEBUG THE FREAKIN' GAME!
HE WAS TOLD THAT THEY HAVE PROBLEMS MAKING IT RUN AT 4K/60, while on xbox they had none.
What exactly is so hard to <<understand>>?
even a fanboy without a brain can understand the bolded, no?

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
this is the kind of bullshit I've seen on twitter.
HE WASN'T ASKED TO DEBUG THE FREAKIN' GAME!
HE WAS TOLD THAT THEY HAVE PROBLEMS MAKING IT RUN AT 4K/60
What exactly is so hard to <<understand>>?
even a fanboy without a brain can understand the bolded, no?
Yeah, bullshit sure... this is why he clearly started by putting his hands forward and cautioning about what he heard second or third hand about some games in an unspecified state of development at some point in the past possibly having had potential problems maybe... sure, just how things went. Reality distortion field again quite strong...

Nice how you focused on him not knowing what he was talking about and admitting how we was relaying information he did not understand after the fact instead of the “just saying things that way and at that moment to try to paint Sony in a bad light to even the odds with all the bad press XSX was getting”... whoa...

Last edited:

reinking

Gold Member
he offered the information that he was trusted with. its not like he lied. since when is the truth considered "bad"? since when is the truth considered "console war"? are you serious?
You ignored the part I bolded. The reason you gave that he made his statement is he felt one side was being treated unfairly. He took a side. You can't say it is not console warring if you take a side to defend (or offer offense) to one side or over the other.

Last edited:
Yeah, bullshit sure... this is why he clearly started by putting his hands forward and cautioning about what he heard second or third hand about some games in an unspecified state of development at some point in the past possibly having had potential problems maybe... sure, just how things went. Reality distortion field again quite strong...
dude has already proven he has some friends at capcom. in fact he even explained how (he likes horror games, he is social, blah blah)
a few days before his RE8 info, he leaked that SF6 boss was getting canned.
anybody who has a brain between his ears can analyze and come to conclusions.

You ignored the part I bolded. The reason you gave that he made his statement is he felt one side was being treated unfairly. He took a side. You can't say it is not console warring if you take a side to defend (or offer offense) to one side or over the other.
I have some information. I see all these topics "this thing is doomed, fake power, etc", and I decide to share my info, which is radically different from the narrative I read.
where is my <<side>> when I disclose a truth?

anyway, recent RE games usually launch on Q1. probably this one too.
so it won't be long until even those with zero critical ability will understand if they were wrong accusing the guy or not.
I will be for sure bringing up this subject again, when the game is out.

Last edited:
dude has already proven he has some friends at capcom. in fact he even explained how (he likes horror games, he is social, blah blah)

I have some information. I see all these topics "this thing is doomed, fake power, etc", and I decide to share my info, which is radically different from the narrative I read.

so it won't be long until even those with zero critical ability will understand if they were wrong accusing the guy or not.

Bruh... even my mafia analogies don't come close to this. Dusk owes you one, in blood.

kyoji

please stop using ono leaving capcom as validation of this dusk guy, i realize you probably might not follow much fgc related stuff, but Ono san took a significant demotion back in march of this year... i dont think anyone expected him to hang around after that at least dealing with street fighter. Going from calling all the shots to cpt role.

JonnyMP3

please stop using ono leaving capcom as validation of this dusk guy, i realize you probably might not follow much fgc related stuff, but Ono san took a significant demotion back in march of this year... i dont think anyone expected him to hang around after that at least dealing with street fighter. Going from calling all the shots to cpt role.
Yeah, wasn't he promoted really quickly to an executive during SFIV and then I think it was 2 different demotions to heading the Pro Tournament...
I'm gonna have to watch that Maximilian Dood video again.

Hawk269

One mod down, how many left to go? Can the ones that band Angry Joe go next lol

I don't want to bitch too much about Era's mod's, but a while back a user made a post and it basically said that "everyone at Gaf are Nazi's". I replied to said poster mentioning that I post at Gaf and visit the forum still and why is he calling me a Nazi?. I reported it to a MOD stating that the user is calling an entire community Nazi's and how can that be acceptable. In return I got a message saying my report was denied and the person consistently still makes posts like that. I am not a huge poster here or over there, but you have to question the MOD's that they feel it is ok for forum members to call entire communities Nazi's. Just did not sit well with me.

Thirty7ven

Banned
I can believe him that the XSX is a little more powerful than PS5 but we will have to wait until November for answers

NO

The XSX is a LOT more powerful than the PS5, this is coming from multiple devs, industry WIDE, I can hear it echo around the world, US, EU, JAPAN, it's all the same. People ain't happy, they click the button and on PS5 it gives 1080p squeaking under 60, and on XSX it's 4k 60. I know this because Resident evil 3 Remake went open world and I knew that shit, just like I know what's really going on here

136020.jpg

That's a fucking unicorn with a dog mask!

Papacheeks

Banned
there is no way to justify resetera here, but only in the case he asked himself to not be a moderator any more.

in fact they are not allowing discussion for the topic, having placed a ban-warning even in the dedicated console threads
resetera.jpg

"it is not acceptable even to retreat to the safety of their community OT to talk about shit. in the interest of (put what you want here) such posts will be moderated harshly"
this is more than laughable, and a real abjection to resetera being a "forum", ie a place to discuss and offer opinions.

This is what is making me contemplate going back after my ban lifts. It felt like my recent ban was by an Xbox mod.

Wondering if reddit or discord chat is better?

Or do mods from same forums don't allow that on discord as well?

Resetera is slowly becoming harder and harder to discuss your opinion to have discussion and instead feels like they want you to have only certain discussions they deam not console warring.

IV seen so many people leave to that are in the industry.

Wish we could create a new forum that was nothing but discussion of the medium.

Like I for a while was only sticking to PlayStation threads. But the news of Halo was interesting because of its long dev time. So it was worth in my opinion talking about the platform as a whole.

Now it seems mods just want a specific type of discussion. Makes it hard to even have an opinion.

Last edited:
I don't want to bitch too much about Era's mod's, but a while back a user made a post and it basically said that "everyone at Gaf are Nazi's". I replied to said poster mentioning that I post at Gaf and visit the forum still and why is he calling me a Nazi?. I reported it to a MOD stating that the user is calling an entire community Nazi's and how can that be acceptable. In return I got a message saying my report was denied and the person consistently still makes posts like that. I am not a huge poster here or over there, but you have to question the MOD's that they feel it is ok for forum members to call entire communities Nazi's. Just did not sit well with me.
I already wrote above, the way resetera works right now is a absolute abjection to everything a "discussion forum" represents.
they have their agenda and nothing else matters to them.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
this is hysterical because era is one giant safe space. And OTs are even bigger safe spaces. And yet, people have become so sensitive that they cannot live knowing that people are talking shit about them on the internet in a thread they have no intention of visiting.

Imagine how triggered you have to be to ask for safe spaces to be made safer.

this is hysterical because era is one giant safe space. And OTs are even bigger safe spaces. And yet, people have become so sensitive that they cannot live knowing that people are talking shit about them on the internet in a thread they have no intention of visiting.

Imagine how triggered you have to be to ask for safe spaces to be made safer.
I really don't think that the above ban warnings have stemmed out of "people" as in posters/members
Whatever does not fit in r.e.'s agenda gets silenced

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Again, I think that guy is legit but he screwed up on how to convey the information he was given.
Yep. He's been right about re8, but i wouldn't be surprised if his sources are xbox fanboys.

So basically, what happened here with re8 is that a playtest was held for hardcore re fans and everyone played through pretty much the entire game on the pro. That's how those spoilers leaked about Chris, the village, witches and werewolves. The ending is out there too.

Dusk seems to know a few of these guys. And I'm assuming that's where this information is coming from, not the devs. And it's entirely possible that they are making this shit up. Especially because we know that xsx devkits went out Late to devs and i highly doubt capcom or Sony let random playtesters play on ps5 devkits.

Entroyp

Yep. He's been right about re8, but i wouldn't be surprised if his sources are xbox fanboys.

So basically, what happened here with re8 is that a playtest was held for hardcore re fans and everyone played through pretty much the entire game on the pro. That's how those spoilers leaked about Chris, the village, witches and werewolves. The ending is out there too.

Dusk seems to know a few of these guys. And I'm assuming that's where this information is coming from, not the devs. And it's entirely possible that they are making this shit up. Especially because we know that xsx devkits went out Late to devs and i highly doubt capcom or Sony let random playtesters play on ps5 devkits.

With the state of how things are right now, it sounds like you are on point.

yurinka

Yeah, wasn't he promoted really quickly to an executive during SFIV and then I think it was 2 different demotions to heading the Pro Tournament...
I'm gonna have to watch that Maximilian Dood video again.
No, he became an executive many years ago and still is.

As I remember the first game where Ono became executive producer was Street Fighter III 3rd Strike Online Edition in 2011 and since then he has been executive for basically all big and small Capcom fighting games released since then except a few ones, that he produced (we can see that in Moby Games and Wikipedia), and also for the Street Fighter brand since the success of SFIV and also the Capcom eSports after he built a division for it (we can see that in the notes that Capcom releases when promoting or changing job role names for executives) with a dedicated team instead of being himself on charge of it.

He was also in charge of one of the 3 Capcom development divisions until it got merged with the one where they make the MH games, division with that often shares workers (example: Ono produced a Monster Hunter game too).

Regarding his worker rank in Capcom, he became Corporate Officer (executive) in 2013 and still is today as we can see on his LinkedIn. The boss of that other division (the guy in charge of MH games and son of the CEO) had a higher rank than Ono -I think it's Managing Corporate Officer- so he became boss of the merged division. Ono some time before that experienced health issues for working too much, so maybe that move has to remove some work out of Ono because he had many roles and then he was starting to build the eSports focused strategy that according Capcom's CEO they will take as one of their main focus in for at least the next two decades and where they planned to double down efforts.

He wasn't demoted back then as reported by Eventhubs, Maximillian and other ones reported. He wasn't kicked out of Street Fighter or the Capcom fighting games as Eventhubs, Max and other ones reported. He continued doing the same job as before being in charge of SFV, the Street Fighter brand and all Capcom fighting games and its eSports until he leaves Capcom later this summer. They misinterpreted one of these press releases where they announce promotions of change in job role names/duties for executive staff, this time the one related to the merge of the divisions. And put a lot of guess or whises on top of it to create their own fanfic story.

In addition to all this, Ono was also General Manager of Management Department 2 (bosses corporate stuff, not related to games) since many years ago until April after they delayed the SFV tournament for the Olympic Games because they Olympics were delayed due to covid, and same goes with Capcom Pro Tour-the most ambitious ever, this year it was going to have dozens of tournaments worldwide to include smaller local tournaments everywhere-, Capcom Cup, Street Fighter League and any other eSports they may had, and where Capcom was investing a ton of money. This is the main reason of why he quitted.

According to many things Capcom publicly said last year and we saw recently confirmed when seeing SFV Capcom Cup 2022 announced, Street Fighter VI production still hasn't started and never has been planned to be released next year, but instead planned to start at the end of this year 'if lucky' or next year, and the game would be released after supporting SFV for some years, very likely around early 2023 if on top of Capcom words we also see the time spent since the SFV release and PS5 release (matching gave hints they made).

So he couldn't be directing it as Dusk Golem said. And well he isn't a director, that's another guy. And he also isn't producer as later Dusk Golem later said, tha't another guy. He's the executive producer, which is another role. And no female replaced him as 'director' or 'producer' because there's no female director, producer or even executive producer at Capcom Japan game development.

Dusk Gollem or 'his friend' maybe misinterpreted this without having an idea of what it means:
https://media.discordapp.net/attach...0846556594187/image0.png?width=352&height=945

They thought that Midori (female name) replaced Ono 'as SFVI director' because Ono had that Deputy Head of eSports Busines division duty -as many others he has and had- and now that Midori has one that sounds similar. But this isn't related to game development (being in charge of the SF brand and being executive producer of the fighting game). Ono had that role to create the eSports division, and once done became it's executive producer. Midori didn't took that role, isn't related to game development and doesn't even work at Capcom Japan: as before, she runs a Capcom USA subsidiary on charge of running eSport in USA and licensing merchandising to movies and so on, while Ono was in charge of the Capcom eSports in general and for Japan in particular.

Last edited:

JonnyMP3

No, he became an executive many years ago and still is.

As I remember the first game where Ono became executive producer was Street Fighter III 3rd Strike Online Edition in 2011 and since then he has been executive for basically all big and small Capcom fighting games released since then except a few ones, that he produced (we can see that in Moby Games and Wikipedia), and also for the Street Fighter brand since the success of SFIV and also the Capcom eSports after he built a division for it (we can see that in the notes that Capcom releases when promoting or changing job role names for executives) with a dedicated team instead of being himself on charge of it.

He was also in charge of one of the 3 Capcom development divisions until it got merged with the one where they make the MH games, division with that often shares workers (example: Ono produced a Monster Hunter game too).

Regarding his worker rank in Capcom, he became Corporate Officer in 2013 and still is today as we can see on his LinkedIn. The boss of that other division (the guy in charge of MH games and son of the CEO) had a higher rank than Ono -I think it's Managing Corporate Officer- so he became boss of the merged division. Ono some time before that experienced health issues for working too much, so maybe that move has to remove some work out of Ono because he had many roles and then he was starting to build the eSports focused strategy that according Capcom's CEO they will take as one of their main focus in for at least the next two decades and where they planned to double down efforts.

He wasn't demoted back then as reported by Eventhubs, Maximillian and other ones reported. He wasn't kicked out of Street Fighter or the Capcom fighting games as Eventhubs, Max and other ones reported. He continued doing the same job as before being in charge of SFV, the Street Fighter brand and all Capcom fighting games and its eSports until he leaves Capcom later this summer.

In addition to all this, Ono was also General Manager of Management Department 2 (bosses corporate stuff, not related to games) since many years ago until April (after they delayed the SFV tournament for the Olympic Games because they Olympics were delayed due to covid, and same goes with Capcom Pro Tour-the most ambitious ever, this year it was going to have dozens of tournaments worldwide to include smaller local tournaments everywhere-, Capcom Cup, Street Fighter League and any other eSports they may had, and where Capcom was investing a ton of money. This is the main reason of why he quitted.

Street Fighter production still hasn't started and never has been planned to be released next year. So he couldn't direct it as Dusk Golem said, and well he isn't a director, that's another guy. And he also isn't producer as later Dusk Golem said, tha't another guy. He's the executive producer, which is another role. And no female replaced him as 'director' or 'producer' because there's no female director, producer or even executive producer at Capcom Japan game development.

Dusk Gollem or 'his friend' maybe misinterpreted this without having an idea of what it means:
https://media.discordapp.net/attach...0846556594187/image0.png?width=352&height=945

They thought that Midori (female name) replaced Ono 'as SFVI director' because Ono had that Deputy Head of eSports Busines division duty -as many others he has and had- and now that Midori has one that sounds similar. But this isn't related to game development (being in charge of the SF brand and being executive producer of the fighting game). Ono had that role to create the eSports division, and once done became it's executive producer. Midori didn't took that role, isn't related to game development and doesn't even work at Capcom Japan: as before, she runs a Capcom USA subsidiary on charge of running eSport in USA and licensing merchandising to movies and so on, while Ono was in charge of the Capcom eSports in general and for Japan in particular.
Eeeerrmm..... Okay.

freefornow

Gold Member
Again, I think that guy is legit but he screwed up on how to convey the information he was given.
It's just becoming tiresome to try and determine what is legit and what isnt.
Memories of Famous Mortimer and Thuway with their "developer sources" and "behind closed door access" nonsense (that got called out big time) at the start of this gen.
Of course, nothing holds a candle to CBOAT.

Last edited:
It's just becoming tiresome to try and determine what is legit and what isnt.
Memories of Famous Mortimer and Thuway with their "developer sources" and "behind closed door access" nonsense (that got called out big time) at the start of this gen.
Of course, nothing holds a candle to CBOAT.
tenor.gif

I wonder what happened to general Ford's Skinner cage?

ABnormal

I think all this blame on Dusk Golem is wrong, just not fair. Many people didn't actually understood what he said. He didn't lie (or, at least, he never admitted to have lied): he just said reported some leaks from his sources. The point is that he simply did it because he felt that there were too many bad news on the side of MS and he wanted to bring some balance, but he didn't invent some fake news. He didn't even have the purpose of console warring. Maybe the opposite.
I'm not sure about how old those leaks are (they may be so old to be actually meaningless now, but they can't be very old. Not older than the date of the presentation of RE8), but there's nothing indicating that they have been invented.
All this fuss is pointless, and him being demodded for this has no reason. It's like the classic phenomenon of the scapegoat: something is making the crowd upset and the government just puts the blame on someone to concentrate the frustration. It's always very disappointing for human race.

Last edited:
So dusk gollem got a can of asswhooping on era huh? Now Jeff Grubb is doubling down on his statements that devs are struggling to make things work on PS5 in his latest twitter replies to another fellow Games Beat editor

Top Bottom