• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dream game annoucements that will have you go like:

KungFucius

King Snowflake
  • Single player Phantasy Star JRPG
  • Single Player Soul Reaver follow up
  • Any New Zelda
  • Any New 3D Mario
  • New Burnout game that has crash and arcade style racing - Pre Paradise
  • Metal Gear Solid Rising ReFuckYouance or whatever a sequel would be called
  • PlayStation Games Day 1 or 6 months on PC so I can stop buying PlayStations for a handful of games.

EruditeHobo

New Unreal Tournament.
Metal Gear Solid 6, directed by Kojima.
Red Dead 3.
The Last of Us 3.
A new 2D pixelart Earthworm Jim.

One of them was a Hellboy game which looks (somewhat) like Mignola's art... and that was announced, so that's one down!
Another would be a new, next-gen Indy game, which obviously is also coming.

supernova8

Banned
Half Life 3 (that gives me the same "omfg" feeling I had with HL2...)
Metal Gear Solid game (same "omfg" feeling as MGS2)
New Socom game back with good voice controls and next-gen AI (I remember back when Socom first came out on PS2 I was blown away by the voice commands actually working, surely they can blow us away again with current tech)
New Killzone game that pushes visual boundaries, they could even just remake the first one. The opening trench warfare in glorious next gen visuals would be .... glorious!

Inspector Q

The obvious shit first...sequels to long dead series that will probably never happen:

Suikoden, Lunar, Shining Force, Dragon Force, Final Fantasy Tactics, etc, etc.

Now for some more "pie in the sky" type of stuff that will definitely not happen:

1. A game set in the Warhammer Fantasy universe done by Rockstar. A fully realized Altdorf created by those guys where you play as a Witch Hunter. Will never, ever happen, but a man can dream, no?

2. Sticking with the Warhammer Fantasy setting, how about a For Honor sequel using that setting as it's base? For Honor has some sick looking character models and animations and a really unique combat system. But right now Ubisoft is just milking the shit out of the first game with no sequel in sight. Seeing a Chosen of Chaos fully realized utilizing the For Honor combat and animations would be freaking nuts. But they will probably just continue milking the first For Honor game until it quietly gets shut down. But don't worry, we will continue to get Far Cry games year in, year out.

3. A Souls game set in a D&D setting. These guys are the best at their creature designs so I want to see them tackle the Monster Manual and bring that shit to life.

Anyway, getting back from Fairly Tale Land how about something a bit more realistic? A 3rd person Resident Evil game that ISN'T a remake? Either a completely new game that progresses the story or maybe something that fills in a gap from the past games.

Lethal01

ARMS 2
product.png

• Uncharted next made by Naughty dog. Neil this time around is a HR and not involved in production.
  • Star Wars game that follows the adventures of Luke Skywalker after Return of Jedi. Ignores the new Disneylogy.
  • God of War next but this time it's not a Naughty Dog wanna be. Kratos kills Atreus and now should pay.
  • Die Hard the game in Uncharted style.
  • Assassin's Creed but narrative driven, with focus on historical events not only historical periods.
  • New mature survival game by Nintendo. We need more Metroid Primes les Mario.
  • Game with Dinosaurs by Rockstar Games.
  • Max Payne next.

I don't dare dream anymore. Shemue 3, FFXIII Versus, and Cyberpunk were probably my biggest dream games ever and all of them released to massive suckage. Bully 2 will suck in this day and age. Sleeping Dogs 2 is impossible.
I would like to see some awesome movie based games once again, don't even have to be current movies, ie:

-Mission Impossible by Naughty Dog
-Original Bond/Terminator/Inception game by Kojima
-The Raid 1 & 2 by the Sifu studio or Yakuza studio
-John Wick by Platinum Games or Remedy
-Fast and Furious 5-X by Avalanche Studios
-Blade by Devil May Cry team at Capcom
-The Thing by Supermassive Games

Dragon's Dogma remake with original story and world plans, better menus, better dialogue and more monsters.

LwM2fEa.jpg

2/3rd of the game where cut and it shows on all aspects!
Didn't know that. No wonder the world always felt so constricted. Wonder if any of that will make it into DD2.

Drell

Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War full fledged remake and finally coming officially to the west. As well as Thracia 776 getting the same treatment.

Actually i take that back on Resident Evil 1.5. It looks cool in places but i can see why capcom scrapped it. I have been playing it. It might have fucked the series!

Turok 1 Remake in UE5 or Cryengine.

Coming from the Snes, this was the first real 3D game I experienced.
Despite the graphics looking totally outdated by today's standards, Turok actually felt like walking through a dense jungle with fucking real dinosaurs.

wZwwYIX.gif

Markio128

Not sure what announcement would make me weak at the knees.

The FF16 announcement has got me pretty hyped as a decent example, I suppose. And the FF7 Remake announcement was the last to send me all of a quiver.

I suppose if ND or SSM announced a fantasy RPG, I would potentially lose my shit. 😂

KiteGr

Didn't know that. No wonder the world always felt so constricted. Wonder if any of that will make it into DD2.
Duh...
It's one of the most obvously unfinished high potential games along with Final Fantasy 15 and Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines.
I found the map above on twiter, and it might be a fan-recreation of the original leaked one from early development.
We4lQu8.jpg

The original game for example was supposed have Elves, and that's why pointy ears are in the character creation.
The Goblins had a lore that the are created by an Evil tree, and that's why they are weak to fire.
The world was intended to be a multiverse of multiple worlds, sharing only the same moon, where the final encounter with the Seneschal was supposed to take place.
And the most obvious, the roads through shadowfort, The northern bridge and near the great wall fort that lead to nowhere.

Last edited:

Synless

My dream announcement was FF7: Remake. I doubt any other game announcement could get me more excited… Maybe Chrono Trigger remake?

Castlevania by FromSoft.
Bloodborne 2 is never happening and I'm fine with that. It doesn't need a sequel. However a Castlevania game by the same team could play/look very similar.
However, I think this is unlikely to happen.

Legacy of Kain remaster or remake that stays faithful to the original.
I think there is a pretty good chance this will happen.

Shin Megami Tensei 1 & 2 remasters or faithful remakes.
I think with how the series has has grown over the years that this will happen eventually.

Zone of the Enders 3.
This is never happening.

I have a lot of other ones for sure, these are just some from the top of my head.

Top Bottom