• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dream game annoucements that will have you go like:

ZhG6kYM.gif

For me, it would most definitely be:

DMC1 Remake with Kamiya as director
Godhand Remake with Mikami as director
Okami 2 with Kamiya as director
Kamiya all stars games that's crossover of his older works
A Custom Robo 2 that continues off of Custom Robo for the Gamecube
A great new project/s from Masahiro Sakurai
Metroid Prime 4
Kid Icarus Uprising port/remaster/remake
Vanquish 2
Madworld 2 (Yes I know about Anarchy Reigns/Max Anarchy but I think Madworld 2 could still be a thing)
Megaman X9

Last edited:

Bridges

Not many things will get me very hyped like that. I've been fortunate to get most of the sequels I wished for when I was younger..

Deadly Premonition 3, a new real Chibi-Robo or Rock Band 5 would be big for me. Maybe NieR 3?

Judas is the only game announcement in recent memory that actually elicited this kind of response from me

-Zelda-

Banned
For myself, too many times new IPs end up letting me down, which is why I turn to old games or old games made new via remasters.

I'd love to have the FF13 trilogy on PS5 and Switch, the metroid prime trilogy on switch, skies of arcadia remastered, the Tellius Fire Emblem games remastered, PSO 1+2 plus remastered, the Xenosaga trilogy, Twilight Princess, Wind Waker, Ocarina of Time, Link to the past (outside of NSO) and many others that I do not want to bog this post down with because I would be here forever and it would become a TLDR.

Last edited:

hinch7

Max Payne 4 by Remedy
A new AAA RPG from Hironobu Sakaguchi
A Berserk game by From Software
Castlevania by Santa Monica Studios
Prey 2 - the cancelled one, gets bought back by Roundhouse Studio's (previously Humanhead Studios)
TimeSplitters 4
Catherine 2 or a spiritual successor

kungfuian

I personally would love to see a Dark Souls version of Castlevania, a remake of symphony of the night or new 2d pathfinder Castlevania with crazy modern graphics, Metroid prime 4, and a handful of classics given proper VR treatment (bonus points for more diorama style third person vr, feel like we have enough first person vr games).

RickSanchez

• Third Adam Jensen game
  • New Splinter Cell game (with or without Sam Fisher at this point; maybe Sam Fisher as the handler talking in your headset?) (im not talking about the remake of the first game which is apparently in the works)
  • IOI makes an Airport level for Hitman 3
  • Sony announces that PSVR2 is PC compatible and i am able to play Half Life Alyx on it
  • God of War Ragnarok and Last of Us Part 2 announced for PC (which are likely to happen anyway)
  • Arkane studios announces another single-player, first-person, story-driven, immersive sim (more Prey and Dishonoured and less Deathloop and Redfall please)
  • Half Life 2 remake in Unreal Engine 5
  • And finally, before i die...........Half Life 3 ?

Last edited:

Jennings

I'd like all these to have quality single player campaigns. I don't care so much for multiplayer features. Also, I'd want these on console.

f9mt6KW.png

A new sequel to 1998's BattleZone.

Super Mario Galaxy 3

Excite Truck 2

Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor 3

The version of Spore that was promised before they delivered a game box full of bullshit.

NahaNago

I'd go with a Devil May Cry Sparda Prequel would get me pretty hyped. I think also a new mega man legends game would also get me pretty hyped. Oh yeah I would lose it if a FF9 remake was announced. Not that split into several games crap we got with FF7 or a sequel to FF9 but just a remake. A new Jak and Daxter game. A new Onimusha game would throw me off.

ZhG6kYM.gif

For me, it would most definitely be:

DMC1 Remake with Kamiya as director
Godhand Remake with Mikami as director
Okami 2 with Kamiya as director
Kamiya all stars games that's crossover of his older works
A Custom Robo 2 that continues off of Custom Robo for the Gamecube
A great new project/s from Masahiro Sakurai
Metroid Prime 4
Kid Icarus Uprising port/remaster/remake
Vanquish 2
Madworld 2 (Yes I know about Anarchy Reigns/Max Anarchy but I think Madworld 2 could still be a thing)

Nothing can make me go like that.

It's physical impossibility.

leizzra

The Order 1886 sequel - this series should have gotten a second chance, probably from a different developer but with Ru Weerasuriya and Andrea Pessino involvement.

New Killzone - Shadow Fall had good concept but it wasn't a good Killzone. It took the series in quite different route which is also partially due to Killzone 3 ending. Killzone 2 was for me great and I'd like to see something like this. Maybe a reimagine of the first one to.

Truly new From Software IP - I know that people love Dark Souls (I consider Elden Ring as Dark Souls 4) but for me From Soft and Myiazaki are great only with the new IP's - Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, Bloodborne (for me one of the greatest games), Sekiro. That's why I don't want Bloodborne 2, it'll be 'only' a good game, just as DkS 2,3 and ER but with a lot of "I've seen that before few times already". Also this is what Myiazaki likes the most - doing new IP's. I hope that before ER2 they will release a new game.

Legacy of Kain remakes - this series should be reintroduced to new players and old ones. First game needs a complete overhaul (like doing a completely new game). Other ones need maybe a bit less work (visual and audio would be the heaviest workload) maybe some of newer ones could be remastered. Then a sequel.

There are a lot of remakes that I'd like to see but it's mostly because of nostalgia - Metal Gear Solid, Devil May Cry, Dino Crisis, Resident Evil 5 (yeah, I know, for many it's not good, but I have a fond memories - it would've been a good oportunity to fix it though and to rework the RE6).

Also a good sequel to Warcraft 3, Starcraft 2 trilogy and Dawn of War 1.

Last edited:
Top Bottom