• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dream game annoucements that will have you go like:

Bloodborne 2, PS5 exclusive with *current gen* graphics, animation and all that technical jazz.

(so basically, 100% impossible)
Came here to (a) see how many posts it would take before Bloodborne 2 or Bloodborne Remastered was posted and/or (b) be the first person to post this if it wasn't posted before me.

NahaNago

fiEPQF2.gif
I thought that was a dog going crazy at first .

manfestival

Hmmm
Zone of the Enders 3(wanted this for so long)
Sacrifice 2(maybe not super hype but intrigued)
Black and White 3
Gundam 0079 Side Story Remake
Powerstone 3
Burnout 5 or whatever. Give me a proper sequel. Not that paradise city open world stuff.
Colony Wars 2
Front Mission Sequel that is actually good.
Warhawk(did not like starhawk)
Robotech Battlecry(something like this but new... maybe a remake?!)

Catphish

I don't think I can get hyped over games anymore. The industry has fucked me over one too many times. 2022 was particularly bad for me. So many disappointments, and that's putting it lightly.

There are a few games that, if you'd asked me a couple of years ago if I'd be excited to see them made, I'd say yes.

No longer. My only anticipation from the gaming industry these days is to be disappointed.

Nemesisuuu

Fallout games made by inExile and Obsidian without having hands tied behind their backs with stupid Bethesdas deadlines and propositions. Full creative control, one in isometric style, other first person/third person - as player prefers it.

Project Gotham Racing reboot, without modern, cringy presentation seen in many modern racing games. No story, pure racing with many different modes to play, extensive career mode, impressive visuals, weather effects, focus on racing in highly detailed cities and so on and on.

Vol5

Vagrant Story 2
Judas to be as good as or better than Bioshock
XCOM3 with an exceptional console port

MiguelItUp

A new Splatterhouse that's more horror centric.
A new Alien Vs Predator that feels more like a collection of the first two titles including multiplayer that contains the xenomorph evolution ala AVP2.
An asymmetrical The Thing game, or just a new The Thing game, period.
A new Jedi Knight.
A new Twisted Metal.
A new Quake/Quake reboot.

El Muerto

Sleeping Dogs 2
Burnout Paradise 2
Vanquish 2
Mad Max 2
Way of the Samurai 5
An updated or new Namco X Capcom or Project X Zone
Remember Me 2
Bionic Commando 2
Metal Gear Rising ReVengeance 2
Akuji The Heartless 2
Alien Isolation 2

//DEVIL//

Tekken vs Street fighter in 3D
New Bungie game not Destiny ( so I can at least get back to it, every time I want to go back to Destiny 2 I get lost and hate my self for downloading it )
New Naughty Dog game that has nothing to do with uncharted/last banana and is more of a Pixar movie crash / Mario kinda platformer?
Metal Gear full remake / Metal gear 6 not open world ( god I didn't like 5)
cyberpunk 2088 ( or whatever its called lol)
Next-Gen graphics Call of Duty by IW
Current Gen only Forza Horizon ( i gave up on GT games and the devs, hopefully, there is a proper PC port so community mods can save it)

Last edited:

Clover904

-Next gen metal gear solid remake (rumors are this is currently happening)

-Alan wake 2 (officially announced. Cannot wait to see it in action.)

-Parasite eve remake (the look, style, music. This game had it all. Would love to see this game come back in some way.)

-The last of us multiplayer (love love love tlou mp. Really looking forward to seeing how big Naughty Dog makes this.)

-Pt directed by Hideo Kojima (this one would break the internet.)

Also tragically rushed. Game had to come out with half the content and features they had originally planned. Another reason to be hyped as hell for the sequel.

Don't miss on the first game's DLC btw! It's amazing.
I didn't know about the development history behind it... With the amount of features they implemented, I'm seriously impressed to find this out! Pawn system + vocations + combat is absolutely incredible. It could use a bit more enemy variety, but I haven't been to Bitterblack Isle yet so I'm hoping for more.

I keep playing a couple hours, find a small thing that needs updating and then go down a modding hole. Modding for DDDA is seriously obtuse compared to other games, but it's worth it to build your own personal remaster and bring the game close to modern standards. On a related note, any mods you'd recommend that wouldn't detract from a first playthrough?

hinch7

Sleeping Dogs 2
Burnout Paradise 2
Vanquish 2
Mad Max 2
Way of the Samurai 5
An updated or new Namco X Capcom or Project X Zone
Remember Me 2
Bionic Commando 2
Metal Gear Rising ReVengeance 2
Akuji The Heartless 2
Alien Isolation 2
This one hurts. SD was such an overlooked game. Really sucks that second one was cancelled by SE.

Sadly sales wise it failed to meet expectations. Guess that's what happens when you release a game in the same year as GTA :/ Hopefully SE will pick it up again at some point.

Last edited:

3liteDragon

- Red Dead 3 prequel set in the 1870's during the Van der Linde gang's early days
- New IP from ND, SSM, Insomniac, Guerrilla
- Current-gen only God of War game
- A Bethesda-like RPG from one of Sony's studios
- RDR1 remake, a current-gen patch for RDR2 would be nice too

Man I hope we get an RDR3 this gen.

mansoor1980

Gold Member
- Red Dead 3 prequel set in the 1870's during the Van der Linde gang's early days
- New IP from ND, SSM, Insomniac, Guerrilla
- Current-gen only God of War game
- A Bethesda-like RPG from one of Sony's studios
- RDR1 remake, a current-gen patch for RDR2 would be nice too

Man I hope we get an RDR3 this gen.
the only thing i dont like about that list is that it is too good

TastyPastry

let's see

- a new Deus Ex or a good Deus Ex remake
- Warhammer 40k Total War trilogy by CA
- American McGee Alice 3 (or a nightdive remaster of the first alice)
- Manhunt 3 (with RAGE engine)
- Resident Evil Code Veronica Remake (or a new third person RE2make style RE game with classic characters)
- Def Jam: Fight for NY remaster
- Wipeout 2097 sequel for PS5
- Max Payne 4
- Hotline Miami 3 (or at least give us that new game you're working on dennaton)
- Cyberpunk Orion to be the masterpiece everyone wanted the first game to be
- Shadowrun immersive sim by Arkane
- any of the blizzard IPs to be used by someone else than blizzard (warcraft crpg made by inxile, a diablo third person action adventure made by ninja theory, a starcraft third person shooter made by the gears of war team)
- VTMB2 to be actually good

Banned
Deus Ex made by Arkane Studios Austin

call it Deus Ex 2, make it a soft reboot that's a sequel to the first game.
ignore all the others.

UnNamed

Banned
I'm an old fart so nothing can surprise me anymore.

Except maybe for a The Crew Europe with the graphics from the Matrix demo

Or a Split Second sequel.

Or a FFXV as it was meant to be.

MGS remake
Xenogears remake
The best FF aka FF8 remake

Too old for new games I’m afraid, stuck in my teen memories of getting my PSX.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I didn't know about the development history behind it... With the amount of features they implemented, I'm seriously impressed to find this out! Pawn system + vocations + combat is absolutely incredible. It could use a bit more enemy variety, but I haven't been to Bitterblack Isle yet so I'm hoping for more.
Bitterblack adds some cool enemy variety, and also some extra challenge too! And well, you'll be surprised about the missing content... they were planning to have multiple races, a much bigger world and even actual multiplayer.

I keep playing a couple hours, find a small thing that needs updating and then go down a modding hole. Modding for DDDA is seriously obtuse compared to other games, but it's worth it to build your own personal remaster and bring the game close to modern standards. On a related note, any mods you'd recommend that wouldn't detract from a first playthrough?
I've played the game two times and a half and never used mods. But since you are a man of culture (Berserk fan) you should have a look at a mod that restores the Gut's and Griffith's armor sets, which were originally in the game but removed due to licensing issues (I guess).

There's also people who likes using ENB's to enhance the graphics. I never tried those but I've seen some screenshots and it can look quite pretty.

YuLY

- Official announcement of new Deus Ex from Eidos Montreal
- Dishonored 3 set in Tyvia
- Wolfenstein 3 where we fight mecha-Hitler as last boss in futuristic Berlin
- Shadowrun RPG by InXile with full AAA budget from MS
- Condemned reboot/remake/3rd game by Monolith (no not the weeb Monolith, the goats that did AvP2, FEAR and Condemned)
- Space Opera RPG by CDProjekt that rivals Mass Effect

Top Bottom