• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU] PSN Japan Publisher Sale! SquareEnix, Capcpom, Konami & more!

Sölf

Well I bought Vagrant Story, Suikoden 1+2 and Lost Dimension. Except for Suikoden 2 I haven't played a single one of those yet. This will be good.

I ended up buying FF X/X2 thanks to the user who pointed out that I can pay with PayPal.

God, FF X starts so slow. been playing for the first 4 hours and its absolutely amazing how shite writing and characters just puts a great story down. That and the art style is uglier than I remember it was. Also, I keep struggling with the controls.

Hope it gets better, because so far I am hating it.

FFX is my favorite rpg of all time, yet the start of the game is the worst start I can imagine

But once you reach the besaid Island I just love it. 4 hours in - I guess you are already on your way of from the tempel? If so you should already now like it, thing wont change much from there on :)

I now also own the first nine Final Fantasy titles. I already had VII on PS4 so skipped that one.

My Vita backlog is enormous after owning it for less than a week.

This sale is perfect for a new Vita owner :)

I've spent and saved around 150€ so far.

But they said Vita has no games...?

Intel_89

I now also own the first nine Final Fantasy titles. I already had VII on PS4 so skipped that one.

My Vita backlog is enormous after owning it for less than a week.

This sale is perfect for a new Vita owner :)

I've spent and saved around 150€ so far.

But they said Vita has no games...?

What did you buy?

faridmon

FFX is my favorite rpg of all time, yet the start of the game is the worst start I can imagine

But once you reach the besaid Island I just love it. 4 hours in - I guess you are already on your way of from the tempel? If so you should already now like it, thing wont change much from there on :)

I think 4 hours may have been an exaggeration since I haven't had a proper fight yet with a full party. I am at the bit where Tidus meets up with Yuna and Co for the first time (The temple part?) so I reckon I am still around the beginning.

The thing, I really like the story. The fact that Sin came in and destroyed a whole city and Tidus being transferred 1000 years later into the future, but I wish the voice acting and cut scene would be sped up a bit. They just take forever to get the ball rolling.

Shin-chan

Bought Trail of Cold Steel for half price, played the game a bit.
I've no regret, good purchase.
I bought it on release for full price and am only at the very end now after 87 hours. Totally worth it. Will finish it this weekend and use that as an excuse to pick up more junk in this sale.

Shin-chan

I think 4 hours may have been an exaggeration since I haven't had a proper fight yet with a full party. I am at the bit where Tidus meets up with Yuna and Co for the first time (The temple part?) so I reckon I am still around the beginning.

The thing, I really like the story. The fact that Sin came in and destroyed a whole city and Tidus being transferred 1000 years later into the future, but I wish the voice acting and cut scene would be sped up a bit. They just take forever to get the ball rolling.
I think X is a pretty well paced game all in all so see how you feel after the next few hours, because you're really only just getting started.

All JRPGs can drag a bit at the start and are often too slow to get you to the real meat of the combat and character progression systems. X is no different.

Bishop89

With the exception of the pokemon games, I cant think of a single jrpg which didnt start slow and shitty.

But yeh, you are still EXTREMELY early into the game.

haendeul

It's like a 15-20 hour game if you do both routes and go for the true ending, it'll take you a bit longer if you care about trophies but regardless it's a great game.

It's not a very long game but it's beautful and plays amazing on Vita. Had it on PS+ way back.

Thanks for the answers. I guess my worry is more about the quality and depth of the gameplay than the length of the game. The only Vanillaware game I've played is Odin Sphere for PS2 which I enjoyed until the frame rate took a nosedive in the first snow level. I'd like to try the new version of that as well at some point.

There's still until next week to decide on the purchase so I'll see. I'll be playing it on a PSTV where the image is stretched out on a 1080p pc monitor, so the graphics won't look as stunning as the Vita screen.

Intel_89

Thanks for the answers. I guess my worry is more about the quality and depth of the gameplay than the length of the game. The only Vanillaware game I've played is Odin Sphere for PS2 which I enjoyed until the frame rate took a nosedive in the first snow level. I'd like to try the new version of that as well at some point.

There's still until next week to decide on the purchase so I'll see. I'll be playing it on a PSTV where the image is stretched out on a 1080p pc monitor, so the graphics won't look as stunning as the Vita screen.

The game runs smoothly at all times and looks stunning on a PS TV.

IMHO the crucial advice is to pick up the DLC. I personally enjoyed playing three of the four DLC characters much more than the original ones, they are much more unique in terms of gameplay. They also have a couple unique bosses each. At the very least pick the first one (the cat one).

Madchad

Took the dive and bought a vita off ebay with a memory card and persona 4 from this sale.

Opened up several years worth of ps+ vita games while i was at it :)

Bishop89

Took the dive and bought a vita off ebay with a memory card and persona 4 from this sale.

Opened up several years worth of ps+ vita games while i was at it :)

hope you bought a 64gb memory card, coz anything smaller and youre going to feel it lol

Madchad

hope you bought a 64gb memory card, coz anything smaller and youre going to feel it lol

nah it came with an 8gb one, im not one for bouncing between games before they are finished and my net is rapid so flipping them in and out when needed is not going to be a hassle. I did have a look at the game sizes before i jumped in can fit a couple of jrpg or 1 jrpg and a couple of random games easy enough on an 8gb. Plenty enough for me.

IbukiLordSA

Picked up Dariusburst Chronicle Saviours for PS4, at that price I couldn't say now. Scored by waiting it out as it's been on special before but this time it was much cheaper. Other stuff that I am interested in is still a bit too much than I am willing to spend on them.

Ikon

So I stuck with Steins;Gate for a while longer and I've been absolutely hooked the last couple of days. I've reached 3 endings so far and am close to the 4th. I'm thankful for all the recomendations that pushed me into buying this!

I also caved and bought a couple of other titles from the sale. My haul so far consists of:

Steins;Gate
Ys: Memories of Celceta
Virtue's Last Reward
Danganronpa
Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel

I should probably pick up Danganronpa 2 too before the sale is over... I also need to make up my mind about Digimon. Anyone care to convince me it's worth the price if I won't play until after the other games mentioned here?

stalker

In the end I have bought two games I already own physical: Demon's Souls and Persona 4 Golden. I was tempted by Everybody's Golf with DLC PS3 but I resiste (own and loved physical on Vita).

Thud

I should probably pick up Danganronpa 2 too before the sale is over... I also need to make up my mind about Digimon. Anyone care to convince me it's worth the price if I won't play until after the other games mentioned here?

It's definitely worth it's price, but it will probably be on sale again soonish. So get Danganronpa 2, you'll want to have that game ready when you finish the first.

Got 9 games from it for around 70 euro :)

Monster Monpiece
Akiba's Trip
Arcana Heart 3 Love Max
Neptunia Rebirth 2
Neptunia Rebirth 1
Hyperdevotion Noire:Goddess Black Heart
Disgaea 4: A promise Revisired
Trilion: God of Destruction
Persona 4: Dancing All Night

Jornax

Dammit, beggars can't be choosers I guess. I've only got €30 I can spend on this sale, but the amount of games I'm interested in has a lot more total value. Here's my wanted list:

VITA
Persona 4 Dancing All Night €12.99
Tales of Hearts R €12.99
Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls €14.99
Ys Memories Of Celceta €9.99

PS4
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth €19.99
Disgaea 5 €23.99
Akiba's Trip €14.99
Devil May Cry 4 €10.49
DmC €12.99
Dragon Ball Xenoverse €19.99

PS3
Digimon All-Star Rumble €4.99
Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel €19.99
One Piece Unlimited World Red €9.99
Drakengard 3 €12.49
Guided Fate Paradox €7.99
Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters €7.99

Anyone have any (must-buy) recommendations to pull from this list, keeping my budget in mind?

Dammit, beggars can't be choosers I guess. I've only got €30 I can spend on this sale, but the amount of games I'm interested in has a lot more total value. Here's my wanted list:

VITA
Persona 4 Dancing All Night €12.99
Tales of Hearts R €12.99
Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls €14.99
Ys Memories Of Celceta €9.99

PS4
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth €19.99
Disgaea 5 €23.99
Akiba's Trip €14.99
Devil May Cry 4 €10.49
DmC €12.99
Dragon Ball Xenoverse €19.99

PS3
Digimon All-Star Rumble €4.99
Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel €19.99
One Piece Unlimited World Red €9.99
Drakengard 3 €12.49
Guided Fate Paradox €7.99
Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters €7.99

Anyone have any (must-buy) recommendations to pull from this list, keeping my budget in mind?

Get Trails of Cold Steel. It's fantastic and it's quite long so you'll get a lot of value out of it

And then pick either Ys Celceta or P4 Dancing All Night depending what looks more intersting to you.

Other games I liked are Drakengard 3 and DIgimon, but the others have priority

Jornax

Get Trails of Cold Steel. It's fantastic and it's quite long so you'll get a lot of value out of it

And then pick either Ys Celceta or P4 Dancing All Night depending what looks more intersting to you.

Other games I liked are Drakengard 3 and DIgimon, but the others have priority

Thanks for the advice! Regarding Ys Celceta or P4 Dancing All Night, I don't really know which one of these to pick.

On the one hand, I've played through and enjoyed the hell out of Persona 4 Golden so that might be a bonus going into Dancing All Night, while I've never played an Ys game before, so maybe story-related things of that game might get lost on me.

On the other hand, I definitely prefer the RPG genre (Ys) over the rhythm genre (DAN). Hmm...

decaf

Any lesser-known gems on any of the three formats that folks here would recommend? Have most of the bigger titles.

Intel_89

Just a heads up, this sale ends today and I've just checked the store and the new sale has some deals on great games such as Not a Hero, Alienation, Enter the Gungeon and many others. The full list should be up in a couple of hours.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I caved on Dariusburst for the PS4 but suffering from buyers remorse big time. I love a good schmup but this isn't for me. Boring as anything imo.

I started scrolling through the PSN store and noting down a bunch of new games with new prices. It looks like it is going to be an "Indie" sale this time. These are all PS+ Price Reductions with approx prices (a few cent off either way).

Steamworld Heist (€10)
Dangerous Golf (€10)
Shadow of the Best (€8)
Enter The Gungon (€10)
Alienation (10)
Kholat (€10)
Pixel Piracy (€5)
Firewatch (€13)
Not a Hero (€5)
The Banner Saga (€8)
Journey CE (€10)
Soma (€5)
The Witness (€26)
Beyond Eyes (€4)
Grow Home (€5)
Everybody's Gone To The Rapture (€9)
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter (€8)
Grim Fandango Remastered (€7)

This seems like the standout (maybe a misprice)....

C5QWfPSl.png

Bishop89

I started scrolling through the PSN store and noting down a bunch of new games with new prices. It looks like it is going to be an "Indie" sale this time. These are all PS+ Price Reductions with approx prices (a few cent off either way).

Steamworld Heist (€10)
Dangerous Golf (€10)
Shadow of the Best (€8)
Enter The Gungon (€10)
Alienation (10)
Kholat (€10)
Pixel Piracy (€5)
Firewatch (€13)
Not a Hero (€5)
The Banner Saga (€8)
Journey CE (€10)
Soma (€5)
The Witness (€26)
Beyond Eyes (€4)
Grow Home (€5)
Everybody's Gone To The Rapture (€9)
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter (€8)
Grim Fandango Remastered (€7)

This seems like the standout (maybe a misprice)....

C5QWfPSl.png

Yeh saw these earlier.

Stealing your post for the new thread :)

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I'm sure that Soma price wasn't that low 4 days ago when I was browsing. That's a steal!

Mario007

How is Zesteria? I'm looking for a standard nice ps2 era jrpg with a good story and characters. I concluded Star Ocean probably wont be that so I wonder about Zestiria.

Top Bottom