• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dream game annoucements that will have you go like:

Drizzlehell

Banned
Scalebound
Star Wars 1313
Aliens Crucible
Silent Hills
the original Prey 2

It saddens me how many remakes or sequels are being mentioned here. You guys suck. Sure, let's have a bunch of remakes of old shit instead of new and original ideas. You're the reason why triple-A games are so trash. All you need is something that's a little bit familiar and you immediately roll out the carpet for it.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I already got mine and can't fuicking wait. :lollipop_content:

dragons_dogma_2-hideaki-itsuno.gif

Chronicle

SOCOM 2 remake
Tlou factions remake
Battlefield bad company 3
Fallout 5 (but I don't have an xbox)
The Division 3 (Chicago)

And of course.....

TITANFALL 3

Here are the announcements that would make me lose it:

Chrono Trigger Remake and/or Chrono Break
Final Fantasy IV 3D remake with graphics like God of War or FFXVI
Splinter Cell 7
Bloodborne 2
Mother 4
Legend of Zelda 2 Remake/Remaster with more content
New Top Down Zelda
New Mario 3D platformer
New Banjo (collectathon like the first 2)
New Resident Evil with heavy focus on puzzles

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I've been playing the first game on and off for the past couple of months. The game is tragically underrated.
Also tragically rushed. Game had to come out with half the content and features they had originally planned. Another reason to be hyped as hell for the sequel.

Don't miss on the first game's DLC btw! It's amazing.

RCU005

Revival of Heavenly Sword (whether remake, reboot or sequel)

Killzone 2 remake with untouched gameplay and controls

Zelda game with Final Fantasy/ Demons Souls like graphics.

A release date of any Xbox games announced

Midn1ght

Driveclub Complete Edition on PC + a 60fps PS5 update for my fellow console players would fill me with joy.
Don't even need the multiplayer, just give me the game with all DLC.

Red Dead Redemption Remake (PC + Console)

Team Ico Trilogy (Ico - Shadow of the Colossus - The Last Guardian) on PC + a proper 60 fps for Guardian on console)

Sleeping Dogs 2

Mirror's Edge 3

K2D

Banned
Anything AAA single player from Valve

Non-open world Soulsborne type game. Preferably Bloodborne related or completely new setting

New game from Rockstar, not the scope and fidelity of current gen GTA

New gold era Final Fantasy's with less budget allocated to graphics.

Next gen Soul Reaver/Blood Omen.

More rogue likes with dark themes and colorful visuals (Hades, Isaac)

The Order 1886 sequel - this series should have gotten a second chance, probably from a different developer but with Ru Weerasuriya and Andrea Pessino involvement.

New Killzone - Shadow Fall had good concept but it wasn't a good Killzone. It took the series in quite different route which is also partially due to Killzone 3 ending. Killzone 2 was for me great and I'd like to see something like this. Maybe a reimagine of the first one to.

Truly new From Software IP - I know that people love Dark Souls (I consider Elden Ring as Dark Souls 4) but for me From Soft and Myiazaki are great only with the new IP's - Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, Bloodborne (for me one of the greatest games), Sekiro. That's why I don't want Bloodborne 2, it'll be 'only' a good game, just as DkS 2,3 and ER but with a lot of "I've seen that before few times already". Also this is what Myiazaki likes the most - doing new IP's. I hope that before ER2 they will release a new game.

Legacy of Kain remakes - this series should be reintroduced to new players and old ones. First game needs a complete overhaul (like doing a completely new game). Other ones need maybe a bit less work (visual and audio would be the heaviest workload) maybe some of newer ones could be remastered. Then a sequel.

There are a lot of remakes that I'd like to see but it's mostly because of nostalgia - Metal Gear Solid, Devil May Cry, Dino Crisis, Resident Evil 5 (yeah, I know, for many it's not good, but I have a fond memories - it would've been a good oportunity to fix it though and to rework the RE6).

Also a good sequel to Warcraft 3, Starcraft 2 trilogy and Dawn of War 1.
Yea I really need an Order 1886 sequel that acts similary to God of War or Days Gone where London is an open world with linear and cinematic story missions, side missions and a HUB world in Tesla's Lab where you can upgrade gear, weapons and customize Galahad's look.

Ristifer

Sonic Mania 2 or Sonic The Hedgehog 5 (as long as Sonic Team/Dimps are kept far away from them)
Half-Life 3
Rogue Squadron 4
Eternal Darkness 2
Conclusion to the Adam Jensen Deus Ex saga

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
The first thing that popped in my head was a proper big budget Flashback remake. I think they did a shitty one like ten years ago.

Mercenaries 3 with the original cast and fully destroy able environments
New Max Payne that ignores 3 and focuses back on Max and Mona
Manhunt 3 that isn't lacking on gore
Condemned 3
New FEAR

KXVXII9X

Soul Sacrifice sequel or Remake would have me screaming the loudest! I loved the idea of magic and Monster Hunter gameplay together. Great game! Sadly, it will never happen since it is a part of Japan Studios and didn't sell as well.

A new Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Switch game- PMD2 is my favorite Pokémon game and one of my favorite JRPGs of all time.

Any new huge VR game

The Switch 2 reveal

A new Kid Icarus Uprising game announced for the Switch 2 launch window

The next Fumito Ueda game

Updated Dreams game for PC and PS5

Scalebound

The Last Night release date trailer

Fuz

Banned
Daggerfall 2

Monkey Island 3 (proper)

Baldur's Gate 3 (proper)

Severance 2/Severance remake

chaseroni

Not many things will get me very hyped like that. I've been fortunate to get most of the sequels I wished for when I was younger..

Deadly Premonition 3, a new real Chibi-Robo or Rock Band 5 would be big for me. Maybe NieR 3?

Judas is the only game announcement in recent memory that actually elicited this kind of response from me
Yes to everything you just posted.
Excellent taste my friend

GymWolf

High budget parasite eve 1 remake not made by square, keep the hacks 20 light years away from the project, just gimme the same fucking game with 2023 graphic and animations.

High budget remake of castlevania sotn not made by konami, with the original ost\VA, not some bullshit re-arrangement.

Infamous 4 not made by sucker punch, give me someone who can write good stories and doesn't hate ragdoll tech in a game where you blast mofos away.

Manhunt 3 if rockstar can greatly surpass tlou2 level of violence or bust.

I have little to no fantasy, sorry.

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Can I ask for a Dragon Ball game that covers all the sagas (OG Dragon Ball, DBZ, GT and Super + Movies)?

Kakarot is far from perfect but it is foundation hits the spot and it's actually decent to achieve this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom