• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Don’t Listen to the Naysayers Switch 2 release is NEAR

DoNotDisturb

Neo Member
Sad Joe Biden GIF by GIPHY News

On a podcast last month an EA dev talking about EA FC (Fifa). Stated as far as he knew. EA FC was being unveiled at an event. Saying he didn’t know else.

Same week as Nintendo direct in June, EA said EA FC would be unveiled second week of July.

When those rumors popped up and the rumor about Red Dead. I thought Nintendo might either make a statement, or see a report in a financial newspaper about future hardware.

We got the ea announcement today. Frostbite is on Switch. Which I beeline it was with PvZ. But this is nice. I just thought it might lead to something more substantial.

My apologies for leading anyone astray.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
On a podcast last month an EA dev talking about EA FC (Fifa). Stated as far as he knew. EA FC was being unveiled at an event. Saying he didn’t know else.

Same week as Nintendo direct in June, EA said EA FC would be unveiled second week of July.

When those rumors popped up and the rumor about Red Dead. I thought Nintendo might either make a statement, or see a report in a financial newspaper about future hardware.

We got the ea announcement today. Frostbite is on Switch. Which I beeline it was with PvZ. But this is nice. I just thought it might lead to something more substantial.

My apologies for leading anyone astray.
I can see Nintendo doing the something as the first one:
1 - some teaser on Twitter in August
2 - month later a trailer of the console and games
3 - release date by the end of fiscal year (around march)

Zannegan

I liked the last fake leak better, design-wise, but neither is super fun.

Anyone have old patents we can pore over? =P

I can't find a better thread at the minute and I cba to search more so this one should do. Apparently the Atlus insider who occasionally leaked spot on information likes the Persona 3 Remake and other various stuff on upcoming Atlus titles (and even the possible FFX remake from Square) has said to Angie on resetera dot com that "There is a new camera function with the Switch 2, not sure if it's VR".

Tagging WhiteWaterM00se WhiteWaterM00se since I know they are very into Switch 2 rumors.

Last edited:

Woopah

I can't find a better thread at the minute and I cba to search more so this one should do. Apparently the Atlus insider who occasionally leaked spot on information likes the Persona 3 Remake and other various stuff on upcoming Atlus titles (and even the possible FFX remake from Square) has said to Angie on resetera dot com that "There is a new camera function with the Switch 2, not sure if it's VR".

Tagging WhiteWaterM00se WhiteWaterM00se since I know they are very into Switch 2 rumors.
I do think the Switch 2 will have something else beside a power boost, so maybe it will be around AR.

Gambit2483

"ATLUS insider"....I still fully believe we will hear something by or before Persona 3 Reload launches on competing platforms next year.

There's no way Nintendo let's it's sizeable (and growing) Persona fanbase believe that this game is just randomly skipping Nintendo and to just go ahead and get it on one of their competitors systems instead.

Woopah

"ATLUS insider"....I still fully believe we will hear something by or before Persona 3 Reload launches on competing platforms next year.

There's no way Nintendo let's it's sizeable (and growing) Persona fanbase believe that this game is just randomly skipping Nintendo and to just go ahead and get it on one of their competitors systems instead.
P3R is skipping Swich for the same reason Soul Hackers 2 skipped Swich. Because some people at Atlus are dumb and Nintendo doesn't care about paying for Atlus multiplats the way Microsoft do

BlackTron

Seems like BS. The rounded edges of the joycon and system don't make any sense, how will they line up when snapped together? They won't, it would fit together dumb and goofy, and no longer look like the Switch logo. And I'm sure Nintendo will announce a new console for sale in a few months....in December right when they want to sell the most Switches. I could go on but this whole thing is dumb.

BlackTron

Wow I just saw the leaked boxart, if it is real, then they DO fit together dumb and goofy.

"Nintendo Switch 2 Max" are you serious lol

Last edited:

This is 1,000% bullshit. We’re not getting hardware significantly more powerful than SteamDeck with a OLED screen that can run games in 4K, at $499. And my God that name is obviously fake. Nintendo Switch Next? C’mon. It’s like they’re not even trying. And what’s with the +? Nintendo Switch + Next? What the hell is that? Lmao.

D- for effort for this poster, who can’t even come up with a decently believable fake.

Last edited:
I feel like there should be soft bans on posting fake mock-ups made up by people that are shared on Twitter. These are all really low effort and, and if you’re not a proven insider then why do you get a platform here where we pretend to entertain that what the fake stuff you’re posting should be discussed as if it’s real. 🤷‍♂️

Super lame

Last edited:

SO…. I have no idea.

My original idea about P3R is that it will be ported to Nintendo next system. Doing this allows Sony and Nintendo to both benefit in Japan, since only Sony version will be available first. Nintendo Switch 2 version comes in the “launch Window“ on Switch 2, maybe after Xmas 2024. No idea. Just my thought.

SECOND. My first thoughts on the The Nintendo Switch+ (stupid name, imo).

So the camera feature on the dock seems to me to be either related to AR…. OR …. It is a Kinect style device. Which either is honestly, would be up Nintendo’s alley. Remember Apple bought the company that made Mario Kart Live. This is just my initial thoughts.

BTW, the likelihood Nintendo screws up the Nintendo Switch 2 is extremely likely, IMO. I think the audience wants a generational upgrade with BC. Similar to PS1 to PS2. I don’t think that is what they will do. For whatever it is worth.

Finally, i will leave you all with this little nugget. Zippo and others are claiming Nintendo Direct is “soon”. This week or next, allegedly. I believe Nate the Hate has a podcast this week about it. Before the world becomes obsessed with Starfield.

A person, reliable or a nut (Who knows). Anyway, I kept the receipts, messaged me about Capcom.

This person is claiming that the big Capcom reveal is the Revident Evil trilogy 1-3, all being remade like REMAKE1 on GameCube. This will be faithful to the originals and we can toggle back and forth between the PS1 graphics and the new graphics, With modern controls. Again, I don’t know if true. But, I have the receipts, either way. Seems like a waste, but maybe it is not. Modern REMAKE 2, 3, 4 will never run on OG Switch Natively. So this will be interesting.

===========================================================================

Seriously question for everyone, Starfield will likely dominate the week in gaming And tech news. Starfield is Microsoft’s biggest game release since… (fill in the blank).

Personally, i think since any of the following Gears of War 1, Halo 3, or the original Kinect. This is how important it is for MS.

Last edited:

Kataploom

Gold Member

Hope it's fake, or completely optional so I can cover that shit, I hate having cameras when I don't need them, specially all day seeing the living room

BlackTron

Hope it's fake, or completely optional so I can cover that shit, I hate having cameras when I don't need them, specially all day seeing the living room

It seems extremely fake to me, but what you're looking at appears to be the back of the tablet, not the dock. With a large OLED style kickstand under the camera. You wouldn't think it's the tablet because the design is ridiculous, but the old box art from July has the same design showing the Joycon attached just as dumb as I imagined it.

Don’t worry, there is nothing legitimate about any of these Twitter mock-ups. It’s literally just people making shit up and posting it. None of this is even from legit insiders. I don’t understand why this stuff is allowed to be posted here.

Last edited:
SO…. I have no idea.

My original idea about P3R is that it will be ported to Nintendo next system. Doing this allows Sony and Nintendo to both benefit in Japan, since only Sony version will be available first. Nintendo Switch 2 version comes in the “launch Window“ on Switch 2, maybe after Xmas 2024. No idea. Just my thought.

SECOND. My first thoughts on the The Nintendo Switch+ (stupid name, imo).

So the camera feature on the dock seems to me to be either related to AR…. OR …. It is a Kinect style device. Which either is honestly, would be up Nintendo’s alley. Remember Apple bought the company that made Mario Kart Live. This is just my initial thoughts.

BTW, the likelihood Nintendo screws up the Nintendo Switch 2 is extremely likely, IMO. I think the audience wants a generational upgrade with BC. Similar to PS1 to PS2. I don’t think that is what they will do. For whatever it is worth.

Finally, i will leave you all with this little nugget. Zippo and others are claiming Nintendo Direct is “soon”. This week or next, allegedly. I believe Nate the Hate has a podcast this week about it. Before the world becomes obsessed with Starfield.

A person, reliable or a nut (Who knows). Anyway, I kept the receipts, messaged me about Capcom.

This person is claiming that the big Capcom reveal is the Revident Evil trilogy 1-3, all being remade like REMAKE1 on GameCube. This will be faithful to the originals and we can toggle back and forth between the PS1 graphics and the new graphics, With modern controls. Again, I don’t know if true. But, I have the receipts, either way. Seems like a waste, but maybe it is not. Modern REMAKE 2, 3, 4 will never run on OG Switch Natively. So this will be interesting.

===========================================================================

Seriously question for everyone, Starfield will likely dominate the week in gaming And tech news. Starfield is Microsoft’s biggest game release since… (fill in the blank).

Personally, i think since any of the following Gears of War 1, Halo 3, or the original Kinect. This is how important it is for MS.
I don’t believe any of this shit in the least. You kept receipts of what? Some rando DMing you?

Kandi Burruss Bravo GIF

Don’t worry, there is nothing legitimate about any of these Twitter mock-ups. It’s literally just people making shit up and posting it. None of this is even from legit insiders. I don’t understand why this stuff is allowed to be posted here.
I agree this is likely fake. I do think that legitimate leaks will happen at some point. Just a question of when.

Again, despite the rumors… It is why i mentioned Starfield. This week likely belongs to MS, even if Nintendo shows Mario Wonder, or a Direct, or even a Switch 2 leak. Apple’s week is likely September 10th-17th. Nintendo will have something before or right before TGS. The window’s are shrinking.

Also, watch for BC news. I think the Switch 2 info lynchpin is if it is backwards compatible. If it is not for some reason, it could be Nintendo went in a different direction.

Yes. Some rando DMing me.

The other things were just my initial reaction to seeing these post. It was the first time I saw these tweets.

What lies? My opinion? Others opinion? I am genuinely confused.
The Capcom shit about resident evil 1-3 female/remake. The switch+ camera on the dock.
All the switch 2 stuff. All of it. Other than it’s coming.

Kataploom

Gold Member
It seems extremely fake to me, but what you're looking at appears to be the back of the tablet, not the dock. With a large OLED style kickstand under the camera. You wouldn't think it's the tablet because the design is ridiculous, but the old box art from July has the same design showing the Joycon attached just as dumb as I imagined it.
Oh I don't believe them, but I wonder about the possibility of Nintendo coming back to using cameras in their consoles.

Well, they refuse to put any direct communication in their consoles due to the issue they had with child predators in the 3DS, they don't want to risk their family friendly image and they probably see cameras in the living room as a big red flags or families, specially after the Kinect debacle at the beginning of Xbone launch.

The Capcom shit about resident evil 1-3 female/remake. The switch+ camera on the dock.
All the switch 2 stuff. All of it. Other than it’s coming.
Yeah, the photo looks like a dock. (I agree it looks fake). That was my first time seeing it. It was just my thought. It doesn’t look like part of a console. Again, though, it seems fake.

Capcom allegedly has a game coming that will move millions of units.

That is what some rando DM’ed me. We will see.

Yeah, the photo looks like a dock. (I agree it looks fake). That was my first time seeing it. It was just my thought. It doesn’t look like part of a console. Again, though, it seems fake.

Capcom allegedly has a game coming that will move millions of units.

That is what some rando DM’ed me. We will see.
I’d actually love a resident evil 1, 2, 3 classic style set of remakes, but I don’t believe it’ll happen.
A resident evil 1 remake in the re engine, sure I could see it.

Gambit2483

P3R is skipping Swich for the same reason Soul Hackers 2 skipped Swich. Because some people at Atlus are dumb and Nintendo doesn't care about paying for Atlus multiplats the way Microsoft do
Nah mate, there is a HUGE (and growing) Persona fanbase on Switch. ATLUS knows it. Nintendo knows it. It's why Persona 5 Tactica is also launching on Switch and will most likely sell best on Switch. I'm guessing Nintendo wants ATLUS to release this on Switch 2 to help bolster its launch lineup and offer a more comparable experience with the other versions.

Last edited:
Nah mate, there is a HUGE (and growing) Persona fanbase on Switch. ATLUS knows it. Nintendo knows it. It's why Persona 5 Tactica is also launching on Switch and will most likely sell best on Switch. I'm guessing Nintendo wants ATLUS to release this on Switch 2 to help bolster its launch lineup and offer a more comparable experience with the other versions.
I agree 100%

Woopah

I agree there is an audience there but Atlus clearly doesn't. Switch didn't get Soul Hackers 2, its not getting Metaphor and its not getting P3R.

Nintendo would much rather get games on Switch Day 1 then get a late port to Switch 2. Especially for something like P3R which is not at all graphically intensive game.

Now maybe after the sales of P5T Atlus, will change their mind and look to bring those other games to Switch and Switch 2. But right now there's no sign of that.

Some new Switch 2 leaks from Im A Hero Too which was the verified leaker who made multiple correct leaks about Atlus, Sega, and Square Enix (P3R, FF7R & more).

This user eventually retired from leaking things after things got a bit too hot, but some impersonators were pretending to be them and sharing false info on discord, so they returned to clear the air around that false info; in the process, they also shared some new extra information they have to Angie from resetera dot com:

SEGA/ATLUS:
Have Switch 2 devkits (have had them for a while)
Uses new cartridge format
There is a camera sensor of some sort
The Switch 2 is backward compatible with the Switch (at least with the games they are aware of that were tested)

SQUARE ENIX:
FF7R is on the Switch 2
Looks closer to the PS5 version
May be planned as a launch game

WhiteWaterM00se WhiteWaterM00se This might interest you 👀

Last edited:

blacktout

Some new Switch 2 leaks from Im A Hero Too which was the verified leaker who made multiple correct leaks about Atlus, Sega, and Square Enix (P3R, FF7R & more).

This user eventually retired from leaking things after things got a bit too hot, but some impersonators were pretending to be them and sharing false info on discord, so they returned to clear the air around that false info; in the process, they also shared some new extra information they have to Angie from resetera dot com:

SEGA/ATLUS:
The Switch 2 is backward compatible with the Switch (at least with the games they are aware of that were tested)

SQUARE ENIX:
FF7R is on the Switch 2

This is the first "leak" on this thread that I actually half believe, because it's the only one where there's a clear connection between the identity of the leaker and the information being leaked.

Too many "leaks" are broad, general overviews of the system's specs, features, name, price, software, etc., which is exactly the kind of information that we're desperate for but which would be carefully compartmentalized at this stage in the console's production. The only people who would know all of these details about the system are executives at Nintendo who would have absolutely no incentive to leak. Hell, some of these "leaks" contain shit that probably don't exist in a finished form yet, like marketing materials and product packaging.

Meanwhile, this leak is clearly limited to shit that people who work at Square and Atlus and who have access to development kits would know.

Doesn't mean it's true, of course, but at least the context alone isn't enough to call bullshit on it.

SEGA/ATLUS:

SQUARE ENIX:
FF7R is on the Switch 2

It will be interesting to see this all unveil.

While I still don’t think it is a 100% guarantee that backwards compatibility is in the Switch 2. I think the reaction without it, will be FAR Harsher than many “insiders” and media personalities will report on. Backwards Compatibility, IMO is a “KeyStone” of the Switch 2.

Fundamentally, consumers seem to view Nintendo Switch differently than a PlayStation or Xbox. It almost seems more personal. Which i attribute to the portable nature of the device.

I have come around to thinking that BC is the second most important feature to power. Having better graphics and run the game at better Frame rates, i assume is everyone’s Number 1 feature for next Nintendo hardware. If there was no media influence or bias, I would bet in a blind poll, Backwards compatibility is Number 2.

So it will be interesting.

==========================================================================

As for FFVIIR at launch. This is a “NO BRAINER”. 100% lock, imo. Why…Where did it historically “ALL GO WRONG FOR NINTENDO?” Seriously. Looking back.

Many will say when n64 launched with expensive cartridges, and the Nintendo and Square falling out.

Square abandoned Nintendo and released FFVII on PS1. Playstation was an unknown at the time, a plucky upstart. With only a handful of standout titles. Resident Evil, NFL and Twisted Metal being the primary. FFVII would be PS1’s definitive title, if it wasn’t for Kojima And Konami.

Nintendo could show the world, this time they are doing it Correctly. Launching with FFVIIR is “righting a wrong” so to speak. I am sure Nintendo thinks something similar, and Square probably wants FFVIIR on as many platforms as possible as they are closing in on releasing FFVIIR part 2.

I expect 5-7 3rd party Launch Window Titles, Nintendo will help secure for Switch 2. FFVIIR is definitely one of the 5-7, imo.

Last edited:

Gambit2483

SEGA/ATLUS:

SQUARE ENIX:
FF7R is on the Switch 2

MbAbnLH.jpg

WhiteWaterM00se WhiteWaterM00se Can you add this info to the OP since these are unconfirmed rumors?

To summarise the interesting tidbits shared
  • Botw demo ran at 4k 60fps - instant loading times compared to the 30 seconds loading times on Switch 1
  • The DLSS being used was supposedly DLSS 3.5 but it may not have all the features the pc version does
  • The Matrix demo looked the exact same as it does on next gen consoles with supposedly better ray tracing however keep it mind it most likely wasn’t running on native hardware but on a pc/ dev kit with similar specs
  • March 2024 was a date being discussed at gamescom but Nate is unsure if it is a reveal date or a release date
  • Still no clarity on backwards compatibility

Kokoloko85

Nintendo said they won't release it this fiscal year.

Meaning that the earliest date can be April 2024, but since they often release consoles in November or March, I assume they'll release it November 2024.

I assume it will be announced in E3 2024 as a full BC hybrid with a new big 3D Mario, Metroid Prime 4 and Mario Kart 9 as launch games.
Yeah Im going with either April/May 2024 or November 2024. Same line up you say plus ill add a new ip

Buggy Loop

We’re not getting hardware significantly more powerful than SteamDeck with a OLED screen that can run games in 4K, at $499.

I agree with the rest of the post but not that

Nintendo would have to stumble HARD to fuck that up. Literally a snapdragon XR2 gen 2 is a lot more powerful than a Steamdeck, mass produced, cheap, gonna be in a $499 (price rumour) for Quest 3 that includes very expensive optics for VR, feedthrough AR, Quest pro like controllers, arrays of sensors for depth detection, etc.

Quest 3 & Pico 5 and a ton of smartphones will use it. Has 2.4TFlops, ray tracing and tensor cores, +30% more powerful than base PS4 and with a much more modern feature set and better CPU. 1.5x Steamdeck.

Current king of efficiency too with GFXBench

FiGsXslWQAAwQP1

Nintendo was approached by Qualcomm

To pick something less powerfull, less efficient and more expensive would be the most brainlet move Nintendo could possibly make.

Zannegan

I agree with the rest of the post but not that

Nintendo would have to stumble HARD to fuck that up. Literally a snapdragon XR2 gen 2 is a lot more powerful than a Steamdeck, mass produced, cheap, gonna be in a $499 (price rumour) for Quest 3 that includes very expensive optics for VR, feedthrough AR, Quest pro like controllers, arrays of sensors for depth detection, etc.
To pick something less powerfull, less efficient and more expensive would be the most brainlet move Nintendo could possibly make.
Great points all, and some really interesting insights here. Still, I cam't help but remember hearing some of the same ideas around the time the Wii 2 rumors were being discussed.

An insider and here, Arkam, vented his frustrations on how weak and hard to work with the system was. Most other members here scoffed about how Nintendo would have to TRY to make something that weak. A few months later, we got the Wii U.

You could well be right, but never underestimate Nintendo's ability to Nintendo. Lol.

WELL GOD Damn! That is impressive. This should give you an idea of what Switch 2 can do. Hypothetically. Apple iPhone 15 Pro can run console versions of RE4R, RE7, Honkai Star Rail, Division, and more!

Top Bottom